You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Monday Mock: 3 rounds. 7 trades. 6500 words!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcboi36

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is really good, but the jaguars would probably get a safety somewhere in that mix.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills wont trade spikes, we are 40 mil under the cap, and trading/cutting him barely saves anything towards our cap. First pick is ok, but I hope that deosnt happen because he will be a bust.
diamondcutter27

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1/22 Monday Morning Mock: 3 rounds. 7 trades. 6500 words Reply with quote

CorpuscolAwesom wrote:

24. Kansas City Chiefs: Quinn Pitcock, DT
The Chiefs DT spot needs an infusion of talent, and Pitcock will do nicely. A solid pickup for Herm Edwards’ defense.

55. Kansas City Chiefs: Troy Smith, QB
Trent Green is aging and Huard is a free agent. The time to bring in new blood is now, and Troy Smith falls right in to their laps. He will always be doubted because of his size, but he has continuously proven doubters wrong and shown the ability to win. His poor performance in the National Title game may be reason for concern, but it may also provide all the motivation he needs for the rest of his career.

86. Kansas City Chiefs: Marcus Thomas, DT
Though KC picked up Quinn Pitcock in round 1, DT remains a need for reasons of both depth and talent. Marcus Thomas is an impact interior lineman, but there are significant concerns about his off-field activity as he was dismissed for violating team rules and had earlier been suspended for violating the substance-abuse policy. If Herm can get him to shape up, he will be a force on the line. If not, there’s not much loss here at the 86th pick.

All 3 picks are terrible.RD1 we would go Staley over Pitcock(who sucks might I add)RD 2 we would go Brandon Mebane who fits the cover 2 scheme very well and RD we would take the best WR available
ranman1973

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Bucs picks. A++++
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Bronco picks but would rather have Marcus Thomas with the 1st third round pick or trade ahead of KC with the Boys and select him then. Good job of analysizing all your picks well done.
arenas4mvp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are basing this on FFMD, stop posting the Jets are going to trade for Turner. We are almost certain that a running back by committee will be our best option.

Your picks:
Give us Woodley in the first, and drop the pick of Carriker to our 2a pick. I dont really have a problem with the O-Lineman and 2b or Rhema McKnight at 3.

FIRE EDDIE JORDAN.
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round one and two suck for Miami. No CB or DT in the first. Love Stanton in hte third though

FF Member #67
tttmikeb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
A third round inside linebacker that is good against the run and not good against the pass? Where have I seen that before for the Packers?

Abdul Hodge.

Good first two picks in the situation, but the third rounder needs to be changed.

Exactly right. James Marten or John Wendling would be good selections here.

.flash on the sig
keegan_matheson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love lynch to the packers, but i'm not too sure about a CB in the 2nd, sure hrrs and woodson are old but they get the job done better than most corner duo's
BuffaloBill04

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the bills picks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt turner a free agent? pluss you wont get a 2nd round pick for him if its compensation, he wasn't a #1 back
CorpuscolAwesom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfan4life11 wrote:
Isnt turner a free agent? pluss you wont get a 2nd round pick for him if its compensation, he wasn't a #1 back

Turner is an RFA, so it would be a sign-and-trade since nobody would give up a first-rounder for him.

Fishfan79 wrote:
Overall I really hate every part of the Dolphins draft no offense.

Deets wrote:
Round one and two suck for Miami. No CB or DT in the first. Love Stanton in hte third though

So what positions would you want them to address? Every time I post a mock, Dolphins fans hate it regardless of what player I give them, even after taking players/positions other Dolphin fans want. If you don't like the pick, make a suggestion for change. I suppose it's impossible to please every fan of every team since they all see their teams' needs differently, but surely there has to be some sort of consensus in the Dolphins community regarding what positions they need to address. The sense I got was that CB, DE, QB and WR were the positions most in need of an upgrade, so I worked based off that.

raidersfan1281 wrote:
In my opinion, we have done pretty well. Our Current Starting Skill position players(if this mock draft would be our FFMD07 draft) are:
QB-Matt Schaub
RB-Adrian Peterson
WR-Tedd Ginn Jr.
WR-Ronald Curry

Pretty Good, huh?

I agree - the Raiders did very well this offseason, improving their offense tremendously without sacrificing much on the defensive side. They added 2 HUGE playmaking threats and Schaub.

Barnett56 wrote:
A third round inside linebacker that is good against the run and not good against the pass? Where have I seen that before for the Packers?

Abdul Hodge.

Good first two picks in the situation, but the third rounder needs to be changed.

Complete oversight by me. That'll be fixed in the next version of this mock.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Eagles first 2 picks especially Michael Griffin, however we likely won't have our 3rd round ick because of Donte.
thesickness89

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: cowboys Reply with quote

personally for the cowboys, i think that lineman shouldnt be picked in the first unless they are dominate like joe thomas.

but since parcells retired, that wouldnt shock me with that pick
but since we get gonzalez, its and A+ draft.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking the Bengals picks quite a bit. Willis can start at MLB from day one letting Ahmad Brooks focus on SLB, and Ross can step in as the Nickle CB right away and start as the punt returner right away as well. Solid picks.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: