You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Foxy Mockarena Season Year 3 edition 1st rd with explanation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mannyfox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I just hate giving out a right tackle that early after watching Robert Gallery play for the Raiders, the guy in hindsight so far wasn't even worth a 1st day pick
Rads3388

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Bears' pick.
jeffryred

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft order is not based on the season record but on the then end placing of the playoffs. This means that either the Colts or the Bears, which ever wins the Super Bowl pick last, the loser next to last. Then the Pats and the Saints are #29 etc.
d34ng3l021

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laron Landry isnt a bad pick, but personally I would rather have Reggie Nelson.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
RangerD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Foxy Mockarena Season Year 3 edition 1st rd with explana Reply with quote

Year in and year out fans don't have a good understanding of what the primary role of a DE in a 3-4 system. Hint - it's not rush the passer.

In fairness, if the Steelers switch to a 4-3 eventually, then Anderson would probably be a good pick.
big_jlb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffryred wrote:
Draft order is not based on the season record but on the then end placing of the playoffs. This means that either the Colts or the Bears, which ever wins the Super Bowl pick last, the loser next to last. Then the Pats and the Saints are #29 etc.

actually, draft order DOES go by record, and then by strength of schedule. the only way a playoff team can move up is if they play in the superbowl. once you lose you go back to the group with the same record. thats how the giants are picking ahead of the broncos, even though they made the playoffs. denver's strenghth of schedule was better, so they pick later.
packers0491

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ur jokin rite? this is the worst mock for th packers ive ever seen. u gave us a WR that prob wont go till the 2nd round. plus we r pretty set at that position w/ driver, jenning n koro. HORRIBLE
sunnyfox20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Packers pick, Driver is getting older and Jennings is hit and miss. We could use another playmaker to put us over the hump in the redzone. But if one of the top corners is on the board we may go that way. And yes the draft order is by record your order is correct unless the Super Bowl winner is different.
mannyfox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers fan, I don't understand, who would you want instead of Meachem, he was the next best WR on the board and you guys need a WR unless you think you need a RB but Ahman Green came back last year and looked good. I could see you guys taking a CB but I felt that Meachem was the best fit there although maybe a little early. I don't know how you could call it the worst mock ever just because you don't like your team's pick, there are other teams afterall. It may not be the best but I do know what I am talking about. Also, what gives you the confidence that they won't screw this pick up, this is the team that took Ahmad Carroll in the 1st rd and cut him 2 years later, and took Aaron Rodgers in the 1st rd and he has yet to see the field
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Griffin's #1 position is SS and the Cowboys have Roy Willimas, the Cowgirls will not be taking..he's Philly's pick. I'm insulted you put our prospect going to them.
mannyfox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
89kcfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondcutter27 wrote:
I have no problem with KC's pick but personally I'd rather have Staley since OT is a more pressing need then CB is

I've got a huge problem with it. We need a WR, OT or DT a heckuva lot more than a CB, which is probably a 2nd day need. We have 2 huge contracts at CB & I'm sure we'll be spending more money on keeping Page & Pollard eventually, so as of right now we don't need another big contract that'll be getting paid to sit on the bench.
Eagles27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Foxy Mockarena Season Year 3 edition 1st rd with explana Reply with quote

Quote:
27) Philadelphia-H.B. Blades, LB, Pittsburgh
Blades will replace Trotter for the near future because Trotter is getting old and has bad knees. Blades has great blood lines as well and will fit in well in philly as he stays in state

Decent Pick.

#JDI
JamMurray13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Foxy Mockarena Season Year 3 edition 1st rd with explana Reply with quote

mannyfox wrote:

1Cool Cincinnati-DeMarcus Tyler, DT, NC St.
The Bengals need a DT to go along with or replace old veteran Sam Adams so they make the move on the defensive side of the ball. Robert Geathers just agreed to a extension even though he is a thug for his dirty hit on Trent Green that was totally avoidable and he celebrated the play after he saw Green on the ground and then never called Green to even apologize so they need a DE with that guy roaming the field.

You sound a wee bit upset about this still. I'm sorry to tell ya bro...that hit was:

1) Unavoidable - he was shoved from behind and (in fact) tried shifting away from the contact as he saw Green slide...just so happens his shoulder wacked the crap out of him and his head bounced off the turf.

2) Legal - by rule, a player must have left his feet PRIOR AND OR AT THE SAME TIME as the QB making his slide...once deemed that the player was in the act of making the hit...it is fair game (whether he could/couldn't avoid the hit)

3) A long time ago - so give it up.

Last but not least, the kid (Geathers) is about 23 years old...barely past legal drinking age and one of the nicest guys in Bengals stripes though he's a bit quiet and shy. To be honest, very few guys make calls to apologize for something that they (and the league) deemed a fair hit (even after scrupulous review and continued complaining by the Chiefs). Why apologize for something that comes as part of the game? Are you a soccer player by trade? Maybe table tennis? Just wondering why a football fan doesn't want to see hard-hitting action? Didn't you see how much the league's "protecting of the QB" has ruined the game already? Let guys play...OR put a flag on the QB, change the league name to the WFL (wuss football league) and list my season tix on Ebay!

Sorry to others reading this...just tired of people putting that kind of deranged and inaccurate portrayal of solid young men on these growing professionals. Go make more crappy mocks like this one! Grade: D-

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: