Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Help My Mock!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iavikefn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Help My Mock! Reply with quote

In my mock draft that I am working on I have the Steelers trading out of the first round with the Bucs, for the 36th pick, plus their fourth rounder, 107 and next year's 5th.

Then, I have the Steelers trading the 36 to Houston for 47 and their 4th rounder, 114th.

My question is: Who would you want at pick number 47?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering its at 47, a possibilty is Adam Terry(OT) from syracuse and maybe Chris Henry from WVU.Others include Reggie Brown from Georgia,RB Eric Shelton, DE Chris Canty, Cb Ronald Bartrell, and Cb Eric Green. I'd be happy with any of those players at 47.
iavikefn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in my mock the only two that are gone off of that list are Terry and Brown.

So, who would you want between Eric Shelton, Chris Henry, Chris Canty, Ronald Bartell and Eric Green?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probabaly Chris Canty. Then at our other 2nd round pick, probabaly either Chris Henry or Eric Shelton.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
Probabaly Chris Canty. Then at our other 2nd round pick, probabaly either Chris Henry or Eric Shelton.

Chris Henry? Steelers won't waste time/money on another headcase. Look at Plaxico Burress, and that's Chris Henry.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats Plaxico, who knows about Henry. Plaxico wasn't even that bad compared to Moss or Owens.
Hers why I suggested Henry:
1)Need a playmaker on offense
2)Ward will only be good for so long.
3)People wont admit it but Ward depended on Buress to take the double teams tht allowed him to get open.
4)Randle El is a free agent after this upcoming year, and don't know if he can handle the starting spot
5)Wilson is basically the same as Randle El
6)Lee Mays is unproven
7) A big target will help Big Ben

Who knows what will happen if we would take Henry but remember what happen when 20 teams passed on Moss and he helped Minnesota to become a good team. Henry could be another Moss with or without the attitude.Its a risk but so is the entire NFL Draft
MoMoney717

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly what has he done that gave him the label of a bad attitude player? I am not dissagreeing, I just have never heard what he did I would want to make sure we are not missing out on a talent like that because we think he has an attitude problem.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Henry’s biggest issue may be his attitude. He needs to grow up and realize he is part of a team; it’s not all about Chris. On the field he needs work as well. He needs to put more effort into learning the nuances of his position, and putting forth more effort when the ball is not coming his way. With experience, Henry should become a more complete WR however." - From: Chris Henry - 2005 NFL Draft Prospects (FootballsFuture.com)

He acts like a little baby sometimes. It's all about "me" with him. And the Steelers aren't into those guys. He's very immature. Scott Wright even said "Junior season was very turbulent and included team suspensions, temper tantrums and even a game ejection...Any team drafting him will be making a gamble on greatness with both a high risk as well as a high reward factor." - From: Chris Henry, WR, West Virginia (NFLDraftCountdown.com)

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Ctagmyer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is not what the steelers are about

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: