Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Djw4bucs draft grades
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Djw4bucs draft grades Reply with quote

#1:Jameis Winston QB FSU

All bucs fan knew we needed a QB and we got one that most bucs fan will be happy about. Getting our future QB is something i am hyped for, great pick L&L.
Grade:A

#34:Donovan Smith OT PSU

I really like this pick, at first i wanted him as an 3rd rounder, but we took him at the top of the 4th. At first i thought it was a bit of an reach, but now i really do like this pick. We had needed some one to take over the LT or RT spot. Smith is the perfect guy to do it.
Grade:B+

#61:Ali Marpet OG Hobart

Another great pick. Marpet was a guy i wanted us to take and we traded up for him. While marpet didn't really have tough players to guard since he was in D-III, but he was an standout at the senior bowl and the combine. He is the perfect fit for RG.

#124:Kwon Alexander OLB LSU

Yet another trade up, and was confused with this pick at first, but the more i read on this guy the more i like. He is one fast player and is very versatile. We needed depth badly and he can even challenge Danny for the startign SAM spot.

#162:Kenny Bell WR Nebraska

Love this guy, really speedy and has an insane vertical. Plus that afro is sick. Should play the slot postion for us, definitely an upgrade over herron. Great pick.
Grade:A

#184:Kaelin Clay WR Utah

Now i do not like this pick, we just drafted a WR and we go ahead and draft another one. Not really super speedy will probably be our KR/PR, but i am sure Bell could have done that easily.
Grade:C-

#231 Joey Iosefa FB Hawaii

No idea who this guy is, has an alsott type build, but just not as quick on his feet as him. Probably won't make the team but really don't know anything about him.
Grade:C

Overall:
I really liked this draft, really hyped for winston and can't wait to see how they all do on the field.
Grade:B

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 70 Catches 1,002 Yards 2 TDs
#WeGonnaWinWithWinston
scottonatable

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last pick was a real head scratcher
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
The last pick was a real head scratcher

Last two were, really don't know why you don't take drummond, prewitt or an DE with those picks.

#WeGonnaWinWithWinston
mld

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id give similar grades. Think Winston and Kenny are gonna develop some nice chemistry together on and off the field. Also a big fan of Ali Marpet, what's not to like about him?
NoJobBob

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if Kenny Bell will play slot for you, or if he even can. He literally never lined up there in college, I don't think. I realize VJax and Evans man the edges, and Bell doesn't fit their 6'5 role as a backup, but if you're intent on moving him inside, he might have a learning curve as it'll all probably be new to him.

On Sherman's baby decision:
spiritoftruth wrote:
Did you even watch Dragon ball z? Did vegeta or goku stick around to watch their children be born? No.
indifference

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted Smith in a trade down but seeing how far Fisher went, he was probably worth taking at 34. I hope he works out at LT. Not sure how many teams before ever started a rookie LT and rookie QB. Anyway, he'll have Mankins next to him so he should be okay. It'll definitely be some growing pains this season. With that size though I fully expect running lanes to be open for Martin/Sims. No excuses for our OL coach we actually have some hogs.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay was a fine pick. We're not drafting him as a WR, he's going to be solely a KR/PR, which we needed bad.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Clay was a fine pick. We're not drafting him as a WR, he's going to be solely a KR/PR, which we needed bad.

Exactly, we brought him in to be our Tavon Austin at a much better price. Can can be a weapon in kick return and punts. Could line him up in the backfield and throw a screen to him or even line him up in the slot. He is really just a weapon, not so much a WR. I liked the pick personally, especially for a 6th.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only pick I don't like is Iosefa. I'm fine with or like all the other ones. But we have Lane. How did we improve the FB position? He definitely doesn't improve our RBs.
Ive worn flip flops to funerals.. They were real nice flip flops though.
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hope that we bring in either Kyle Loomis or Kyle Christy to push Koenon in camp.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid grades. I know everyone knows my take on Winston but with him being a buc, I'll hope he turns it around and proves me wrong. I cannot turn my back on being a life time buc fan so.

Love the Kenny bell pick. I don't know much about clay. He's explosive in the open field so special teams is probably his role. Alexander is a depth pick who will push lansanah. My gripe is Alexander needs to bulk up into the 235 range.

Coming out of the draft I feel the holes we did not address are DE, FS, and Rb.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Solid grades. I know everyone knows my take on Winston but with him being a buc, I'll hope he turns it around and proves me wrong. I cannot turn my back on being a life time buc fan so.

Love the Kenny bell pick. I don't know much about clay. He's explosive in the open field so special teams is probably his role. Alexander is a depth pick who will push lansanah. My gripe is Alexander needs to bulk up into the 235 range.

While i agree we didn't draft one we signed one of my fav FS in hackett.

#WeGonnaWinWithWinston
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Lol no offense but relying on a udfa to fill the need isn't exactly addressing it.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Lol no offense but relying on a udfa to fill the need isn't exactly addressing it.

Conte is the answer.
Ive worn flip flops to funerals.. They were real nice flip flops though.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Well he shouldn't have been a UDFA. He had great talent but a bad combine dropped his stock

#WeGonnaWinWithWinston

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: