Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DRD's This is What Will Happen Mock...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 9333
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: DRD's This is What Will Happen Mock... Reply with quote

1st round (1st overall): Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State



Yup.

2nd round (34th overall): Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke



Tomlinson would step in from day one to become our starter at RG. An absolute mauler in the run game, Tomlinson has NFL strength and power. His punch and long arms also allow him to be very effective in pass pro as well. Many analysts view him to be one of the safer prospects in the draft.

3rd round (65th overall): Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin



Havenstein is a big big boy that comes from a school with a history of producing quality OLineman. We seem content to keep Dotson at LT so Havenstein should be able to slide right in at RT. With Tomlinson and Havenstein on the right side we may be able to kick start our struggling run game. That's a lot of beef.

4th round (109th overall from St. Louis): Ibraheim Campbell, S, Northwestern



Campbell is an athletic defensive back that can play either free or strong safety. He's lauded for his football IQ and leadership and would be a welcome addition next to the emerging Bradley McDougald.

5th round (162nd overall from Baltimore): Titus Davis, WR, Central Michigan



A smooth route runner, Davis has some exciting aspects to his game. In Koetter's vertical offense we need to find some depth behind Evans and Jackson. Davis should be able to compete for playing time as a rookie.

6th round (184th overall from St. Louis): Ben Heeney, LB, Kansas



Heeney is an undersized LB that won't fit into every defense, but he fits into ours nicely. He plays the game with reckless abandon. Our LB unit is very thin and Heeney could back up a couple spots. Fear the beard.

7th round (218th overall): Ryan Delaire, DE, Towson



I have a really weird feeling that we aren't going to address DE until late in the draft. I wish we would, but I think that Lovie & Co. are going to go with a heavy rotation to keep guys fresh and hope that yields results. Delaire is a small school DE with big time game. He runs the arc with balance and can set the edge in the run game. I like him a lot.

7th round (231st overall from Detroit): Josh Robinson, RB, Mississippi State



This is a super deep RB class and I think we'll end up pulling the trigger one late. Robinson lacks straight line speed, but he's tough between the tackles, he has soft hands and he's a high character individual. RBs like Robinson typically get undervalued in drafts, but he has the skills that could allow him to carve out a role in our unsettled backfield.

UDFAs:
    Arrow Hutson Mason, QB, Georgia
    Arrow Connor Neighbors, FB, LSU
    Arrow Cam Worthy, WR, East Carolina
    Arrow Kaelin Clay, WR/KR, Utah
    Arrow Brett Boyko, OT, UNLV
    Arrow Matt Rotheram, OG, Pittsburgh
    Arrow Jermauria Rasco, DE, LSU
    Arrow Martin Ifedi, DE, Memphis
    Arrow Bobby Richardson, DT, Indiana
    Arrow Tavarus Dantzler, LB, Bethune Cookman
    Arrow Eric Patterson, CB, Ball State
    Arrow Daniel Fitzpatrick, S, Tennessee State

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 14486
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can dig it, you are a lot higher on Havenstein than I am......

DE still would be a weakness, hopefully our guys can take the next step!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ravishingone


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3401
Location: Leola
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do really like the Tomlinson pick. They really have to firm up the pressure coming from the A & B gaps. If Orchard is on the board in the third, I can see him being the pick. He just might be because I don't believe he projects to a 3-4 OLB.

I can definitely see Heeney on this team.
_________________
Be bold.....Don't be afraid!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 10664
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it!

Any draft that has us going Winston, OL, OL gets a massive thumbs up from me.

Because of value Robinson might be my favourite pick. I'm probably going a little overboard because I can't stand our backs now but I can see him starting sooner then later.

He can pound it in short yard situations. He can catch the ball out of the backfield.
_________________

Winston: I plan on winning a Super Bowl next year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 14014
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Gotta build up that o-line. You give a guy like Winston time to throw and a guy like Martin or whoever some holes, suddenly our whole team looks better. Upgrading the o-line has to be as much of a priority as quarterback, if not more.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 9333
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
I can dig it, you are a lot higher on Havenstein than I am......

DE still would be a weakness, hopefully our guys can take the next step!

Havenstein reminds me so much of Jon Runyan it's scary. It doesn't look pretty, but it's effective.

I really didn't like waiting that long to address DE. I hope that Licht/Lovie do it differently, but I just have this uneasy feeling that we are just going to rotate several fresh bodies at DE all season long.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 9860
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mock DRD.

TWO QUESTIONS because I have OL going back to back in mine however :

1. Where do you have jake fisher going? I'm not sold the bucs moving Dotson over to LT just yet. He didn't have his best season last year and there have been many , including Davin Joseph who have kinda hinted why move him? Aka he belongs at RT. however if we do I cannot complain on havenstein bc I really like him to play RT in the NFL.

2. What is your take on a de in round 3 or 4? Where do you have Nate orchard?

I'm still tinkering with mine where I have either marpet or orchard in the 3rd.

Overall I do like it. I especially like the Josh Robinson pick. Although I may take him in round 6 to be honest haha so we think alike there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 9333
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
1. Where do you have jake fisher going? I'm not sold the bucs moving Dotson over to LT just yet. He didn't have his best season last year and there have been many , including Davin Joseph who have kinda hinted why move him? Aka he belongs at RT. however if we do I cannot complain on havenstein bc I really like him to play RT in the NFL.

I have Fisher going late first. I think there is going to be a stupid OT run in the 2nd half of the first round with guys like Peat, Flowers, Humphries, Ogbuehi and Fisher all getting drafted by the end of the first round. The one guy that I do see slipping is Clemmings and that's just because of his recently discovered stress fracture in his foot.

With a rookie QB coming in as a starter I don't see us also putting a rookie at LT too. That just has disaster written all over it, IMO. I think Dotson played fine at LT last year. He took his lumps, but that was to be expected with a positional switch midseason. With a full offseason as a LT I think he'll be solid.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
2. What is your take on a de in round 3 or 4? Where do you have Nate orchard?

I'd be down for a DE in the 3rd or 4th, I just don't think we'll do it. Orchard would top my wish list, but I also like Lorenzo Mauldin and Markus Golden too.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 9860
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
1. Where do you have jake fisher going? I'm not sold the bucs moving Dotson over to LT just yet. He didn't have his best season last year and there have been many , including Davin Joseph who have kinda hinted why move him? Aka he belongs at RT. however if we do I cannot complain on havenstein bc I really like him to play RT in the NFL.

I have Fisher going late first. I think there is going to be a stupid OT run in the 2nd half of the first round with guys like Peat, Flowers, Humphries, Ogbuehi and Fisher all getting drafted by the end of the first round. The one guy that I do see slipping is Clemmings and that's just because of his recently discovered stress fracture in his foot.

With a rookie QB coming in as a starter I don't see us also putting a rookie at LT too. That just has disaster written all over it, IMO. I think Dotson played fine at LT last year. He took his lumps, but that was to be expected with a positional switch midseason. With a full offseason as a LT I think he'll be solid.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
2. What is your take on a de in round 3 or 4? Where do you have Nate orchard?

I'd be down for a DE in the 3rd or 4th, I just don't think we'll do it. Orchard would top my wish list, but I also like Lorenzo Mauldin and Markus Golden too.


Love maudlin. Golden I can see being there in the 4th. But do you also think pamphile is regarded highly inside the organization ? That's what I've been hearing and we could look to take a guard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 9333
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
1. Where do you have jake fisher going? I'm not sold the bucs moving Dotson over to LT just yet. He didn't have his best season last year and there have been many , including Davin Joseph who have kinda hinted why move him? Aka he belongs at RT. however if we do I cannot complain on havenstein bc I really like him to play RT in the NFL.

I have Fisher going late first. I think there is going to be a stupid OT run in the 2nd half of the first round with guys like Peat, Flowers, Humphries, Ogbuehi and Fisher all getting drafted by the end of the first round. The one guy that I do see slipping is Clemmings and that's just because of his recently discovered stress fracture in his foot.

With a rookie QB coming in as a starter I don't see us also putting a rookie at LT too. That just has disaster written all over it, IMO. I think Dotson played fine at LT last year. He took his lumps, but that was to be expected with a positional switch midseason. With a full offseason as a LT I think he'll be solid.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
2. What is your take on a de in round 3 or 4? Where do you have Nate orchard?

I'd be down for a DE in the 3rd or 4th, I just don't think we'll do it. Orchard would top my wish list, but I also like Lorenzo Mauldin and Markus Golden too.


Love maudlin. Golden I can see being there in the 4th. But do you also think pamphile is regarded highly inside the organization ? That's what I've been hearing and we could look to take a guard.

Pamphile is nothing more than a developmental swing tackle at this stage. He started what, 2 games last year? I have a really hard time believing that Pamphile proved enough to push OT down our list of needs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 10664
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/133562/rob-havenstein

Quote:
Wisconsin T Rob Havenstein "is the type of player who could be found as late as Day 3 and end up developing into one of the best offensive linemen in the draft," writes Gordon McGuinness of Pro Football Focus.

_________________

Winston: I plan on winning a Super Bowl next year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soul Glo


Joined: 22 Nov 2009
Posts: 2842
Location: FL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could see this happening for sure. Winston is a no brainer, and Tomlinson is a plug and play guy at RG. Like the pickups of Davis and Robinson on day three. Robinson is one of the most underrated guys in the draft IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 2225
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/133562/rob-havenstein

Quote:
Wisconsin T Rob Havenstein "is the type of player who could be found as late as Day 3 and end up developing into one of the best offensive linemen in the draft," writes Gordon McGuinness of Pro Football Focus.

I love the OL heavy draft. Besides the dreadful QB play our OL was the biggest weakness on the team. So the Bucs once again go heavy all offense this year, I fully expect 2016 draft to be all defense first 3 rounds though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 14486
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
I can dig it, you are a lot higher on Havenstein than I am......

DE still would be a weakness, hopefully our guys can take the next step!

Havenstein reminds me so much of Jon Runyan it's scary. It doesn't look pretty, but it's effective.

I really didn't like waiting that long to address DE. I hope that Licht/Lovie do it differently, but I just have this uneasy feeling that we are just going to rotate several fresh bodies at DE all season long.



LOL WHAT IS THIS SOURCERY?!?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 9860
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/133562/rob-havenstein

Quote:
Wisconsin T Rob Havenstein "is the type of player who could be found as late as Day 3 and end up developing into one of the best offensive linemen in the draft," writes Gordon McGuinness of Pro Football Focus.


I love me some big 10 OL. Havenstein is a mauler that we no doubt can use. Have we met with him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group