Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: 2015 Draft Discussion Thread Reply with quote

On to the 2nd round and beyond, who do you guys want?

I'm still pretty much set on going offensive line for the next 2 picks. We need to upgrade it badly, for the running game, and the passing game. I'm tried of seeing Doug get stuffed at the line every play, and I don't want to see our new Quarterback run for his life every play.

We need to sustain some drives to keep the defense off the field. I don't know the stats, but the defensive time on the field has to far outweigh our offense. So I think a more consistent offense would do wanders for the team, and it starts with the O-line.

Hopefully Cam Erving is there in the 2nd for us.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on the o-line. Gotta strengthen that group in order for our offense to do anything, regardless of the quarterback.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLB, DE or OLine in the 2nd round unless we make a splash in FA to cover one of these holes. They are all really big needs so I would just go BPA at one of these positions. There is a lot of depth at DE this year. I hope we're able to add one in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Nate Orchard
Bud Dupree
Cam Erving
AJ Cann
Ty Sambrailo
Paul Dawson
Eric Kendricks

Any of these guys would make me happy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kinda of depends on three things. If we address OL in FA somehow, who is left at DE and if we let Mason Foster go.

If both OL is addressed (which I am almost certain will be) and Foster goes, I hope we target a stud MLB like Kendricks, Perryman or McKinney in the 2nd but am more than okay with grabbing the best OL prospect left. Jacques Smith will most likely get the starting gig at LE leaving the other side open to who's left from MJ and AC.

1st - QB
2nd - OL then MLB (depending on BPA)
3rd - Position that isn't taken from 2nd
4th - DE or BPA
BPA from here on focusing on OL and skill positions.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe since Joseph and Trueblood were drafted in the first and second rounds, very few linemen have been drafted. In fact, I can only think of Zuttah, Fulton, Edwards, and Pamphile. I never understood the premise of Dominik not drafting olinemen because they were hard to evaluate because of being in spread offenses.

I would be shocked if Licht doesn't draft one by the third round. Suprisingly, this year the tackle class isn't as strong as previous seasons. There could be some real value in the second round. Also, I could see a trade back hopefully getting another 3rd round pick and who knows what a Glennon trade will fetch.

I can see Licht really trying to acquire more picks after the first round by trading back.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with interior OL is there are some gms who can figure out how to find solid starters at g/c in the latter part of the draft. I'm not sure what Lichts persona or philosophy will be to solve the guard situation. I guess it depends on the depth of the draft and what they grade OL.

IMO FA has some strong value at the guard position. Clint Boling rings a bell who can play RG and if we keep Mankins we can solidify that position.

I think we don't aboslutely ignore Ol in the draft but I wouldn't be surprised if we went MLB at the 2nd round. I still see licht coming from the New England background going BPA in the latter parts of the draft. To be honest we could use talent at all parts of the roster. I wouldn't be surprised of an OL isn't taken until round 3.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R&Ps big board: first one. 2015. This is more of a first sight on field perspective. I will notate a ** of character risk. First big board off of what I've seen and researched. After the interview processes and more film duty I'll have an updated one in March.

* = injury history that I've researched and known of to date.

1. Marcus Mariota qb oregon.
2. Leonard Williams DT/de. USC.
3. Shane Ray de missouri
4. Amari Cooper wr alabama
5. Jameis winston qb Florida state **
6. Randy gregory de/olb Nebraska
7. Brandon scherff g/t Iowa
8. Danny Shelton DT washington.
9. Trae wayans cb Michigan state.
10. Marcus peters cb washington **
11. Devante Parker wr Louisville *
12. Dante fowler de florida
13. Shaq Thompson OLB washington
14. Erik flowers t Miami *
15. Lael collins G/T LSU
16. Kevin white wr wvu
17. Alvin "bud " Dupree olb/de kentucky
18. Cameron Erving c Florida state
19. Bernardrick McKinnely ILB miss state
20. Markus golden de missouri
21. Nate orchard de Utah
22. Andrus peat t Stanford
23. Erik Kendrick's lb ucla
24. Kevin white cb tcu
25. Melvin Gordon rb wisconsin
26. Devin smith wr Ohio state
27. Michael Bennett DT Ohio state
28. Vic Beasley olb Clemson
29. Kevin Johnson cb wake forest
30. Jalen collins cb LSU
31. Jalen strong wr Arizona state
32. Todd gurley RB georgia *
33. Carl Davis DT iowa
34. Maxx Williams TE Minnesota
35. Malcolm brown dt Texas
36. Eli Harold olb Virginia
37. Landon Collins SS alabama
38. Pj williams cb Florida state
39. Cedric Ogbuehi t Texas am *
40. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu Cb/FS oregon *
41. Arik armstead DT/de oregon
42. Paul Dawson ILB tcu
43. Durelle eskridge Fs syracuse
44. Alex carter cb Stanford
45. Ty Sambrailo T/G Colorado state
46. Devin Funchess wr/te Michigan
47. Eddie Goldman DT Florida state
48. Aj cann g South Carolina
49. Phillip Dorset wr Miami
50. Tevin Coleman Rb Indiana

That rounds out my top 50.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Red posting that teams are chopping at the bit to get their hands on Bradford if dropped... who do we take if we don't go Qb?

Do we trade down or take Gregory or Williams and finally give McCoy some legit help?

Do we trade down with the Browns... do we trade down with the Rams?

Winston: I plan on winning a Super Bowl next year
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
With Red posting that teams are chopping at the bit to get their hands on Bradford if dropped... who do we take if we don't go Qb?

Do we trade down or take Gregory or Williams and finally give McCoy some legit help?

I'm not as high on gregory as I am on Ray. Ray just has that Attitude of a bad man on the football field you like. Relentless pass rusher. Reminds me of Terrell Suggs. Can put his hand in the ground or standing up.

I'd prefer Leonard williams if we didn't go qb. He is worthy of the number 1 pick.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Are you talking about Sam Bradford?

We're taking a QB with the first pick. Anything else would be a terrible decision. Including Winston.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu: we could use a safety. Coming off injury and he drops to the 3rd, why not pull the trigger? Dude is a ballhawk and can tackle. Skill set similar to matheu on the field. I think he'd be a heck of a FS in Tampa.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu: we could use a safety. Coming off injury and he drops to the 3rd, why not pull the trigger? Dude is a ballhawk and can tackle. Skill set similar to matheu on the field. I think he'd be a heck of a FS in Tampa.

He's a better fit for Nickle corner which is basically a starter. If he's there in the third id have no problem pulling the trigger there

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy who I'm starting to get down on is Andrus Peat. Too inconsistent on film for a LT prospect. I question his strength and his ability to move in the run game and didn't really dominate nor handle speed rushers well.

Orchard is a good prospect but he was dominated by orchard. Dominated.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Guy who I'm starting to get down on is Andrus Peat. Too inconsistent on film for a LT prospect. I question his strength and his ability to move in the run game and didn't really dominate nor handle speed rushers well.

Completely agree with you on Peat. I think he flat out sucks. No fire in his belly. No toughness. He looks the part and is a decent athlete, but I have no idea why he is getting so much hype. Orchard took his manhood and he didn't even fight back.

I view him as a RT only and a late round talent.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Completely agree with you on Peat. I think he flat out sucks. No fire in his belly. No toughness. He looks the part and is a decent athlete, but I have no idea why he is getting so much hype. Orchard took his manhood and he didn't even fight back.

I view him as a RT only and a late round talent.

I have him at 22 but he's falling.

Dj humphries is picking up steam. I need to do more work. His run blocking could use conaistency but he was a good pass protector against speed rushers.

I think on defensive side , holliman, FS louisville, despite the ints , one year starter who isn't very physical nor a good tackler. Shouldn't go that high in the first 3 rounds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Page 1 of 88

Jump to: