Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SappDaddy's Snow Day Mock Offseason1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think about the Daddy's Snow Day Draft
Sucks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Meh
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Could Be Worse
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I like it
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: SappDaddy's Snow Day Mock Offseason1 Reply with quote

Sapp Daddy's mock draft

Cuts
Carl Nicks
Jeremy Zuttah

Resign
Andrew Economos
Erik Lorig
Dekoda Watson
Jonathan Casillas

Free Agency:

4 yrs / 33 million

Alex Mack Center

Why the Bucs sign him: Mack is the best center that is available and would instantly improve our offense and offensive line immediately. I think that we need to make the move to go out and sign him at the earliest convenience as having a great center is a great start getting your trenches in tact.

Michael Johnson Defensive End

4 yrs/ 25 million

Why the Bucs sign him: If you are able to get an end for that has had multiple double digit sack years for less than 10 million dollars a year then you make the gamble for Johnson. I think the reason for his down year last season was attributed to the injury of Geno Atkins. I think that him paired with Geraldini could allow him to relive those double digit sack years.

Jason Campbell Quarterback

2 years /9 million

[img]http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/af6f71736b87fa16659eb6a5d232731532ea1f52/c=84-39-2336-1730&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/test/2013/10/23/1382541748000-USP-NFL-Cleveland-Browns-at-Baltimore-Ravens.jpg[/img]

Why the Bucs sign him: With him being recently being cut, I think that the Bucs would be best served to sign him. In his last two starts with the Browns he looked nothing short of solid. Campbell was actually the best QB the Raiders have had in the last 10 years which isn't saying much, but he could be great competition for Glennon and could challenge for the starting position.

Note: I used the up to date CBS Draft rankings as of 1/20

Pick 1 Pick Seven: Tampa Trades pick to Arizona for their first round pick (pick 20), Second Round Pick ( pick 53), Fourth Round pick (pick 117) and next years first pick.

Why the Bucs make this trade: Because of the fact that they realize that Watkins and Lewan being their best potential picks here they could gain more by trading the pick that would most likely be Khalil Mack to team that might be in need of a 3-4 outside linebacker

Why the Cardinals would do this trade: They need a top tier pass rusher at that can play in the 3-4 position and Mack could be a solid pick.

Round 1 Pick 20: Ryan Shaizer OLB The Ohio State University

Why the Bucs take him: Plain and simple Shazier is the perfect match for Lovie/Leslie's defense as he is a true 3 down linebacker and has the ability to recognize plays quickly and easily and can go out and cover opposing tight ends as well as stuff the run.

Round 2 Pick 40: Cyril Richardson OG Baylor

Why the Bucs take him: Is an excellent run blocking guard, a solid pass blocking guard and has the mobility and talent to be a very good day one replacement to the lost Carl Nicks. And the give the Bucs a more solid offensive line then they had last year.

Round 2 Pick 53: Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame

[I]
Why the Bucs take him: He is a very solid tight end that continues the streak of solid tight ends from Notre Dame, and he provides the ability to be a solid blocker as well as a great pass catcher that could be an upgrade over Tim Wright/Tom Crabtree combo as a 3 down tight end.

Round 4 Pick 104: Robert Herron WR Wyoming

Why the Bucs take him: Like his talented QB he has fallen under the radar for far too long and can really excel at the next level as he can be the "Burner" that Bucs were looking for in the slot position.

Round 4 Pick 117: Seantrel Henderson OT U of Miami

Why the Bucs take him: Size and depth are the first two things that pop out when you think of Seantrel. But the guy does have tons of raw talent similar to our current Right Tackle, but I think Seantrel's ceiling is much higher, it is a matter of motivating him and I think that this is the team that he can be motivated by seeing the likes of Donald Penn a former undrafted free agent turned Pro Bowl Tackle. With him and Dotson I think that you then would have the ability to have a back up tackle in him and Carimi (if Lovie keeps him) that can play both Tackle positions.

Round 5 Pick 141: Aaron Lynch DE USF

Why the Bucs take him: Currently could be a great rotational Defense End with the possibility to be starter down the road. I think that he can be motivated into being a very good End down the road if properly motivated

Round 7 Pick 205: Logan Thomas QB Virginia Tech

Why the Bucs take him: A potential developmental QB that can be Arroyo's developmental prospect with the possibility to move over to tight end. Could see what he has at this pick and not lose too much of a value pick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.

Shazier is a David clone. I don't see him playing in the middle.

Rest is pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Everything But Henderson , Campbell, and Shazier
Henderson is Ingonito 2.0 hate his attitude and he a ok OT
Campbell is not worth 4.5 Mil a year. look to Mclown for 1-2 Mil less and we still need CB look to Tillman
Look to Murphy or Tuitt in at #20 instead of Shazier

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Meh.

Rest is pretty good.

I agree about Shazier, I still would have Mason in the Middle but I know that we have a need for another outside linebacker and that's why I went with Shazier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SappDaddyDance wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
Meh.

Rest is pretty good.

I agree about Shazier, I still would have Mason in the Middle but I know that we have a need for another outside linebacker and that's why I went with Shazier

Well when Lovie was at CHI the only LBs that were famous were Briggs and Urlacher, cause he manly had 2 LBs on the field that is the same here and Watson/Johnathon is a Good starter

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh I like the trade back idea but I don't like the shazier pick. I don't think he can play the middle. If we trade back I'd look at Jordan matthews , Jace Amaro or Trent Murphy.

Hate the Jason Campbell signing. Decent back up to a team with an established starter. We don't have that. Need competition at qb and that's why I think we take one high.

Again love Mack but I don't see us spending big money on just one guy.

Johnson I think is going to come cheaper than most think. The market will not overpay IMO and prob. Get a 5-6 mm a year deal. Nice.

I'd take Gabe Jackson over Richardson. Just like him more as a road graitor.

With another 2nd I'd definitely take Garapolo round 2.

Not a fan of Henderson. Britt from Missouri is a better pick IMO later on.

Overall I'm not gonna say I like it. Herron is probably my favorite pick. Niklas doesn't jump out at me in round 2. Also I'm staying far away from Logan thomas. Talk about a wasted pick. Besides a strong arm I see no upside to him at all and be cut in TC.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the draft honestly. The FA pick-ups are good though.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really solid.

Like the Mack move. Need tied with our coaching staff makes it an easy choice. Not the biggest fan of Johnson, would prefer Allen but the price looks right. Also like the vet qb grab but would rather have McCown.

Depends who is left when we are up a seven but I like the value for trading back. Don't like our first pick though. I would rather Maqise Lee or ASJ.

With the two seconds I'd like to go some kind of Gabe Jackon/Xavier Su'a-Filo/Aaron Donald combo. Make our fronts on either side nasty!

Don't see Herron lasting but like the pick. Worth the risk on Henderson at that point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: