Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

nathan004's Predictions for Bucs 2015 Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathan004

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: nathan004's Predictions for Bucs 2015 Draft Reply with quote

Merry Mock Eve! Here's my best guess as to the direction I see us going

1st Round / #1 OVERALL
QB / Florida State

Jameis Winston

Unless a team feels the need to send three 1sts and two 2's to move up to #1, this is going to be pick. I have a feeling that Tampa is going to wait until the final 20 seconds to make this pick but he will be a Buc nonetheless. As shown by his stellar win record as a Seminole, Jameis knows how to win ball games whether it's a blowout or 4thQ comeback. Anything mechanically lacking ss minimal and easily address by NFL coaching. He's ready day 1, which I think is 60% of the reason he wins out over Mariota in Tampa's eyes.

2nd Round / #34 Overall
OL / Florida State

Cameron Irving

Seeing how much time Tampa spent looking at Jameis Winston, I bet you they saw a thing or two about the OL and how Jameis was able to operate behind them. Irving has the versatility to play anywhere on the line, but his skill set is best fit for the inside. Tampa's offensive line was so atrocious last year that they know they'll need a guy who is able to jump around if need be. Getting someone familiar in front of Jameis is icing on the cake.

3rd Round / #65 Overall
OT / Texas A&M

Cedric Ogbuehi

I think we were hoping to get Orchard here but's gone. Leaves us at BPA for OT or DE. With Cedric Ogbuehi the ACL tear is enough to scare a once early to mid 1st rounder in to the top of the 3rd. Most Tackle needy teams will have surely addressed it by this point and there was mostly likely 6-7 taken before him. Ogbuehi and Irving instantly give this line the ability to be anything from respectable to formidable.

4th Round / 109th Overall
DE / Missouri

Markus Golden

In 2014, he recorded 10 sacks, 78 tackles, 20 tackles for a loss, two passes batted and three forced fumbles. Pretty darn good. I think it's VERY possible he goes much earlier as he is a vastly underrated DE. Possible that the presence of Ray inflated his numbers a tad but putting him next to someone like Gerald McCoy could only mean a higher ceiling.

5th Round / 168th Overall
FS / Louisville

Gerod Holliman

This kid burst on to the scene at safety putting together a pretty impressive 2015 replacing Calvin Pryor. Luck might get you to 7-10 INT's in one year but 14 INT's in one season has got to mean he's got skills.

6th Round / 184th Overall
WR / Georgia

Chris Conley

Herron apparently isn't on any one of the coaches radars these days and some speed is desperately need in the slot/return game. This guy is 6'2 and runs a 4.35. Simply adding weapons for Jameis at this point.

7th Round / 218th Overall
CB / Oregon

Troy Hill

Big game experience and per scout reports he has shown big progression from his Junior to Senior season. Not ideal size or speed. He'll play the slot.

7th Round / 231st Overall
DT / TCU

Chucky Hunter

Another guy who I think could go earlier. Nice steal for the Bucs in the final round. He was a Second-Team All-Big XII selection.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing I scratch my head on is Gerald Holloman. 1 year starter and cannot tackle. I'd pass.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB, OL, OL... I give it a big thumbs up!

Winston: I plan on winning a Super Bowl next year
nathan004

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
The one thing I scratch my head on is Gerald Holloman. 1 year starter and cannot tackle. I'd pass.

This is more of a prediction as to what will happen tomorrow. Holliman was one of Tampas scheduled visits and they appear to have had interest.

The 5th round is great value for a guy who picked off opposing QBs 14 times in one season. Not sure what kind of gems you're expecting to find in the 5th round anyways. 5th and later are more for developmental players.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really believe Ben Heeney will be a Buc by the end of the third day.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but there's zero chance Ogbuehi is there in the 3rd. I'd be willing to bet he goes in the late 1st to a team like Cincinnati, Carolina or Denver.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
I like it, but there's zero chance Ogbuehi is there in the 3rd. I'd be willing to bet he goes in the late 1st to a team like Cincinnati, Carolina or Denver.
wouldn't shock me with his injury history.

garbage
scottonatable

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the draft!! Wouldn't mind one more FSU player like Karlos Williams who could play PR/KR and be a special team stud. Super versatility could play RB or give us depth at safety
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's creative but I see Irving going as early to Kansas City and late as Denver. If we got obiguehi it would have to be at 34. Some team is going to snatch him in round 2 if he continues to fall. Just because he won't be available til week 7 or 8 doesn't won't stop anyone from taking a potential franchise tackle.

I like golden in round 4 but I'm intrigued by a potential deal with the Niners.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: