Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Mock that will blow your minds.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: New Mock that will blow your minds. Reply with quote

With the 5th pick, and Claiborne and Richardson off the board, the Bucs trade the pick to Buffalo to select Matt Khalil for there 2nd and 4th round picks.

Here is how the Bucs draft plays out:

1st round (10 overall f/ Buffalo): Mark Barron Safety Alabama

Quote:
I like this move and I necessarily wasn't very high on Barron at first. But, Schiano has mentioned Safety is a position that he needed to take a look at. I don't think Barber and Grimm will cut it at the safety position. Barron has been a leader and has been coached up by Saban. Very athletic, can play in the box and coverage. Some have him as a Poor Mans' Polamalu. He's better than Keuchly, who I think is just average.

2nd Round: Mychal Kendricks MLB California

Quote:
Bucs get the best MLB in the early part of round 2. Kendricks is very underrated and would be a better selection than Keuchly or Hightower. Kendricks is fast, with sideline to sideline speed and very physcial in the run defense.

2nd Round (Via Buffalo:) Chris Polk RB Washington

Quote:
Going to be difficult to project here. I like Doug Martin, but I think he gets nabbed by the Rams at teh top of 2nd round. Polk or Wilson? Both are bruisers but I like Polk. He's similar to Matt Forte and is more well-rounded type RB. Him and Blount would form a nice duo.

3rd Round: Josh Norman CB Coastal Carolina

Quote:
I really like him as a prospect. Very stong, fluid hips, ability to play man coverage, he's an underrated prospect coming from a small school. COuld be a contributor immediately and start down the road, possibly this year.

4th Round: Michael Egnew TE Missouri:

Quote:
Very similar to Zach Miller in my opinion. Well Rounded prospect good blocker and solid pass catcher and route runner. I think he and Stocker could be a nice duo in the future.

5th Round: Josh Chapmen DT Alabama

Quote:
Big NT that can come in and spell on early run downs. Could take on double teams and be in that 3-man rotation of Price/Okoye.

6th Round: Devon Wylie WR Fresno State

Quote:
Very good athlete who is strictly a slot -WR. An Amendola/Wes Welker range type comparison, he could see playing time and be a nice compliment in the slot to work and move the chains.

7th Round: Josh Oglesby T Wisconsin

Quote:
All Big 10 selection. Dropped status because of injury, could be solid for depth.
KGBauer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KGBauer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Michael Egnew
PolarBucc06

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It starts out pretty solid, but taking Polk in the middle of the 2nd is a reach IMO. He can be had with our 3rd round pick if thats the direction you want to go. I'd rather go with a corner with the Bills 2nd rounder and then go Polk in the 3rd type of deal.

I personally would rather go with David Wilson in the 2nd with the Bills pick and then go CB in the 3rd, considering Doug Martin is off the board in your scenario.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolarBucc06 wrote:
It starts out pretty solid, but taking Polk in the middle of the 2nd is a reach IMO. He can be had with our 3rd round pick if thats the direction you want to go. I'd rather go with a corner with the Bills 2nd rounder and then go Polk in the 3rd type of deal.

I personally would rather go with David Wilson in the 2nd with the Bills pick and then go CB in the 3rd, considering Doug Martin is off the board in your scenario.
I agree with this. Personally, I'm not a fan of Barron at #10 b/c I simply don't think he is all that special. I'd trade #10 away for a 2013 first to be honest and just got another late round pick.
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good draft. I like the Barron pick, but like indifference said he's a bit of a reach there and he's also been injury prone. But he could go to the Cowboys at #14, so it might be the only slot we can get him at. Perhaps we could trade with the Cards and grab pick #13, but they would be smart to hang on and get Riley Reiff.

As for the Polk pick I agree with PolarBucc. He'll be available at the top of the 3rd round and we can get a corner in the 2nd. I really like Casey Hayward as a prospect in the middle of the 2nd. An underrated prospect in my eyes. But if we wanted Norman instead I think a trade down is possible.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice first round pick I like it Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Nice first round pick I like it Laughing

Hey will make mistakes that I'm making up for now. I really do not like what I've seen and the more hints our former leader dropped about "imrpoved" safety play before the draft, it was a possibility.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about how stupid the Richardson or Claiborne argument was, looking back.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: