You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Maattheeew's UPDATED 2007 Round 1 Mock Draft (1/19)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maattheeew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Maattheeew's UPDATED 2007 Round 1 Mock Draft (1/19) Reply with quote

Re-did a few things. I can't get the pictures to look good so i'm probably going to go without them.

1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell, QB LSU

Let's face it, the Raiders are going absolutely nowhere with Walter and Brooks. Calvin Johnson is also an option.

2. Detroit Lions - Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame

With the breakout Roy Williams had this year, and the emergence of Mike Furrey as a great WR in this league, they're one step away from having a superb passing game. Joe Thomas also an option.

3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma

Joe Thomas is also an option, but it will be hard for Cleveland to pass on Peterson.

4. Tampa Bay Bucaneers - Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech

WR is a glaring need and CJ is a once in a decade prospect. If CJ isn't on the board, they will probably look to Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson to help out in case of a Simeon Rice departure.

5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin

A dream come true for the Cards, if Thomas lands in their laps. Leinart and Edge need some more time. Alan Branch, LaRon Landry also options if the Browns decide to take Thomas.

6. Washington Redskins - Alan Branch, DT Michigan

Gaines Adams would be ideal, but this is the next best option as Branch is a monster and the Redskins could have used him against Tiki in the season finale. If Branch is gone, Gaines Adams and Jamaal Anderson are options here.

7. Minnesota Vikings - Gaines Adams, DE Clemson

The Vikings had esentially zero pass rush this past season, and they need something coming from the end so they're dominating interior doesn't attract ALL the attention. Jamaal Anderson also an option.

8. Houston Texans - Marshawn Lynch, RB California

Texans were hoping for AP, but they need a RB. Having 3 or 4 backups just won't do it. Huge dropoff after Lynch.

9. Miami Dolphins - Amobi Okoye, DT Louisville

Traylor and Holliday aren't getting any younger. If they want their improved run defense to stay up there this is a good pick.

10. Atlanta Falcons - Leon Hall, CB Michigan

If Jimmy Williams moves to safety, then they need to re-pick a corner, and this year it doesn't get much better than Leon Hall.

11. San Francisco 49ers - Ten Ginn Jr., WR Ohio State

Top pick Alex Smith needs a WR target, and Ginn gives them just that. CB also a need but there's more CB depth than WR depth in Rd 2.

12. Buffalo Bills - Levi Brown, OT Penn State

The OL needs some help. Bit of a reach, but it's a need here. Dwayne Jarrett also an option.

13. St. Louis Rams- Jamaal Anderson, DE Arkansas

Leonard needs a threat opposite him. Adeyanju didn't get to the QB as much as is needed and Anderson is a huge pass rushing threat.

14. Carolina Panthers- LaRon Landry, S LSU

Mike Minter isn't getting any younger and if available, Landry would fit the bill.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers- Patrick Willis, LB 'Ole Miss

Hard to pass on Willis. Especially when you're starting 3 are entering their 30's.

16. Green Bay Packers- Dwayne Jarrett, WR USC

With Lynch off the board, the Pack needs someone to throw it to. Unless they opt to go with WR #2 by committee, Jarrett goes here.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Lawrence Timmons, OLB Florida State

Depth at LB would be nice as they have underachieved IMO.

18. Cincinatti Bengals - Darelle Revis, CB Pittsburgh

James is aging and a Darelle Revis with a year or two under his belt opposite O'neal could be scary. Despite popular beleif, Joeseph is NOT that good.

19. Tennessee Titans - Reggie Nelson, S Florida

Need at safety is no longer a need. Titans would be ecstatic if Nelson fell to them at 19.

20. New York Giants - Marcus McCauley, CB Fresno State

Physical specimen with plenty of upside, and will have a great mentor in Sam Madison. Giants need work all over the place, but they have been the opposite of something to fear in in pass defense.

21. Denver Broncos - Adam Carriker, DE Nebraska

With Landry and Nelson off the board, the D-line needs to be addressed. Consider it addressed.

22. New England Patriots - Robert Meachem, WR Tennessee

Brady needs targets, and he needs them badly. He's led his teams into the playoffs without one, imagine would he could do with one.

23. Dallas Cowboys - Sidney Rice, WR South Carolina

With no great pick here for their offensive line, WR is the next highest issue. Terry Glenn is aging and Patrick Crayton might not be around much longer. Terrell Owen's return is up in the air as well. Rice is a smart option here.

24. Kansas City Cheifs - Daymeion Hughes, CB California

Hughes is a flat out great player and Law and Surtain are both aging. WR also a need here but no real option without reaching.

25. New Orleans Saints - Zach Miller, TE Arizona State

With Colston solidifying himself as more of a reciever, a TE is needed here. Both tight ends being used by the Saints are aging and there is no real threat at the position.

26. New York Jets - Quentin Moses, DE Georgia

The Jets are definitely missing the absence of Abraham. DT is also need, making Pitcock an option here as well.

27. Philidelphia Eagles - Michael Griffin, S Texas

Griffin would be a nice pick if he lands at 27, as S is as strong a need as any for the Eagles.

28. New England Patriots - LaMarr Woodley, OLB/DE Michigan

Woodley would make a great pick here. His positional versatility will fit nicely with the Pats' scheme. The LB's are also aging.

29. Indianapolis Colts - Quinn Pitcock, DT Ohio State

The Colts need help against the run, period. Pitcock would look great coming in behind McFarland and Brock, and would soon be alongside McFarland.

30. Baltimore Ravens - Troy Smith, QB Ohio State

The heir to McNair. RB also a need, if the Ravens try waiting around for Smith in the second round they won't get him, as the Browns will swoop upon him. Michael Bush also an option.

31. Chicago Bears - Paul Posluszny, OLB Penn State

OLB is a need, especially if Lance Briggs is departing.

32. San Diego Chargers - Anthony Gonzalez, WR Ohio State

McCardell is straight up old. Rivers needs a dependable option ala Terry Glenn of the Cowboys.

All comments and criticism welcome of course.

Last edited by Maattheeew on Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptor44

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If somehow LaRon Landry drops to the Titans at 19 he will be the pick, but he's a virtual lock to go top 10.

DO NOT BENCH FOWLER
Maattheeew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raptor44 wrote:
If somehow LaRon Landry drops to the Titans at 19 he will be the pick, but he's a virtual lock to go top 10.

Good point. I by no means think he's a top 10 lock, but looking at it now he won't make it to the Giants.
MiamiDolphins34

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the phins pick but i would rather have jarrett

GoPhins wrote:

there is such a fine line between searching for the diamond in the rough and the peanut in the turd. now there is class-less for you
Maattheeew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiamiDolphins34 wrote:
love the phins pick but i would rather have jarrett

Which one do you think would make that team better? 9 is a reach for Jarrett, and i think Okoye could help turn that line into something to be feared alongside Taylor.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pretty sure we wont reach and taek carriker with griffin on the board

Thanks, Tzimisce
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally dont see gonzales as frist round talent...maybe im wrong tho

Props to Kempes on the sig.
jargin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay wtf, i will repeat one more time for you guys. the texans will never. yeah i said never. never pick marshawn lynch.so stop please/.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
19. Tennessee Titans - Reggie Nelson, S Florida

Need at safety is no longer a need. Titans would be ecstatic if Nelson fell to them at 19

You pretty much said it with your explaination. I would be very happy if Tennessee ended up with Reggie Nelson on draft day.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your draft. My only question with it is I think Nelson is oo good to fall to 19.
West 36

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good overall draft, i really like griffin to the eagles..every mock seems to have him going there.. sure hope it happens
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good, overall. However... if both Jarrett and Brown are on the board when the Bills pick, it's Jarrett, NO question.
Maattheeew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
im pretty sure we wont reach and taek carriker with griffin on the board

Remember there's a lot of time between now and draft day. Plenty of time for Carriker to make a scene at the combine. But Griffin is a possibility here. I personally feel that Denver would be better off taking the DE talent when it's there and then hanging around for Eric Weddle or Aaron Rouse. I personally don't really think Griffin is THAT good.

immuhguy10 wrote:
i personally dont see gonzales as frist round talent...maybe im wrong tho

Many don't. I'm not really sure if I do or not, but Rivers does need a target. And there's always a surprise or two on draft day. The most off target mock-drafts are the ones where every creator takes the safe road.

jargin wrote:
okay wtf, i will repeat one more time for you guys. the texans will never. yeah i said never. never pick marshawn lynch.so stop please/.

Sorry, sir.

riceraider8080 wrote:
I love your draft. My only question with it is I think Nelson is oo good to fall to 19.

It's a stretch, but that's just the way my mock turned out.
Maattheeew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
Pretty good, overall. However... if both Jarrett and Brown are on the board when the Bills pick, it's Jarrett, NO question.

I'm kind of anticipating Jarrett's stock slipping as we inch closer to draft day. Jarrett is a very high possibility though, he was actually in the #12 spot about a half hour ago for a few minutes when this was still in progress.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

10. Atlanta Falcons - Leon Hall, CB Michigan

If Jimmy Williams moves to safety, then they need to re-pick a corner, and this year it doesn't get much better than Leon Hall.

Jimmy ISNT MOVING TO SAFETY!!! DE Jamaal Anderson is the pick here.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: