You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vick caught sneaking drugs onto a plane in Miami
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Mac5 wrote:
scar, your an idiot, marijuanna is bad for you, if anything your being ignorant, do you think that it would be illegal if it wasnt bad for you, the long term affects of pot have not been discovered just like ciggarettes have. as for that uncle crap, what school does he teach at, o and by the way the falcons really do suck
good job, you win the troll of the week award Rolling Eyes

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Mac5 wrote:
scar, your an idiot, marijuanna is bad for you, if anything your being ignorant, do you think that it would be illegal if it wasnt bad for you, the long term affects of pot have not been discovered just like ciggarettes have. as for that uncle crap, what school does he teach at, o and by the way the falcons really do suck

Shut up you little [inappropriate/removed] kid. Go read a book. Do some research before you make blatant accusations with no facts at all to back your statements up.
DonaldDriver213

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
scar988 wrote:
what people don't get is that Marijuana isn't even that bad. there are people on this forum who do it.

scar,

you know damn well not to encourage a discussion on this topic. let's keep it to football.

Yeah, your avatr might be a clue as to where to stand on that issue
LOL

http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=Zoolander"e=restofmylife.txt&file=restofmylife.mp3
DonaldDriver213

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadAtFalcons wrote:

My friends and I smoke weed sometimes and we are all college bound and lead very productive lives. Its just something that helps you relax....
please dont ban me for posting actual facts Sad

Wow. Very proud of you.
"It helps you relax".... just think about that once. You do it, an illegal drug, because it "helps you relax"...
What do you do that's so important/stressful that you need to resort to a drug to "relax" you? Just think about the logic behind that. Are you not mentally strong enough to relax by yourself without the crutch of an illegal drug?

Randy Moss is probably the NFL's king of potsmoking. How's that worked for him the past few years now? He's a disgrace. He's quit on his team and quitting on your team is the worst thing a teammate can do in sports.
He's lazy even on the field. Sometimes these effects from pot take awhile to mess up a person. He's two years YOUNGER than the class of 96 guys like Marvin Harrison and Terrell Owens, but he seems like he's 10 years older.

Could Michael have the same reasons for why he is so moody and inconsistent? Is this one of the clues we are all missing. I always loved teh excitement of Vick, so fast like the wind. But I have wondered why he is so up and down.

http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=Zoolander"e=restofmylife.txt&file=restofmylife.mp3
Jesse07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Mike Vick smokes pot?????????????????? I would have never have figured that.

Atleast he wasn't as dumb as Damon Stoudamire who put his weed in tinfoil and put it through xray machine at the airport. When questioned what was in the tinfoil, he said it was his pot.
superbelt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Mac5 wrote:

Marijuana is illegal because of a combined effort between racists and the lumber and tobacco industry.

Hemp was actually a required crop mandated by the British Crown for all Colonists back in the 1600's.
Our founding fathers owned vast stretches of marijuana fields.

The FIRST bans on marijuana smoking were instituted by the Mormon run state of Utah. When the church made a decree the state automatically followed suit.

In 1930 Harry J. Anslinger was appointed director of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (Treasury) and he used overt and blatant racist overtones as his justification to pursue criminalization.
Including such glowing quotes as:
Quote:
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

William Randolf Hearst was big into the emerging lumber paper industry. Hemp was prime competitior holding him back. Hemp was becoming cheaper to produce paper out of. Getting rid of it allowed for his paper companies to grow very quickly.

Tobacco companies got in on the act to break marijuana's market share. Also, there was no future for them in Marijuana as it was known to researchers then that THC is non addictive while nixotine was the exact opposite. The future of tobacco was much brighter for industry.

The Mayflower had hemp sails and ropes. ('Canvass' is derived from 'cannabis')
The flags Betsy Ross made and the Star Spangled Banner (as well as the document Francis Scott Keys wrote the National Anthem on) are made of hemp.
Drafts of the Declaration of Independence were made on Hemp.
The American War of 1812 with Britain was fought over access to Russian hemp.
During WWII, The illegalization of hemp already enacted, Congress temporarially reversed it to help with the War effort producing 42,000 tons a year. The old war propaganda film, 'Hemp For Victory'.
In 1972 the USDA found that hempseed oil was lower in saturated fats than any veggie oil including soybean and canola. THe USDA also recommended it's use in pet and livestock feed.

It's purposeful disinformation like this that has hemp so demonized today.
BelichicksBrain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pseudolynch wrote:
The use of marijuana is ridiculous to be penalized for. In the NBA it isn't even an infraction if you get caught with it or test positive. Chris Webber has tested positive three or four times and has not missed any games during his career. The only problem with this is that all the Vick haters are going to have more reason to say trade him.

No, I say trade him because he is simply the most overrated player in the game (and not just fantasy football). Put it this way. Vince Young is already further along as a passer in one season than Vick through six. And which WR core would you rather have? Drew Bennett and a bunch of lesser known guys (apologies to old friend David Givens who was hurt for much of the season) or the stable Vick has (the top 3 WR's plus Crumpler, Dunn and Norwood -both RB's with good receiving skills.

Petrino should trade Vick to someone like the Raiders where he'd fit in nicely and get Matt Schaub off the pine.
osuwhodey420

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-mac ur the idiot ive done a lot of reasearch on the topic of marijuanna. The fact is it does not kill brains cells and alcohol has a much stronger effect on brain cells, it can however make some people lazy for the short time period that they r high but thats not everyone. It has 1/10 the effect on ur lungs that ciggs do. Over the next couple of years u will see marijuanna become much more accepted in america, denver has allready taken that step in basically legalizing possession up to a certain amount, and there are talks of Las Vegas making a Pot district similar to Amsterdam or B.C. So dude its understandable that u dont like it for whatever reasons but polls have shown that the majority of Americans would vote FOR legalization of marijuanna it would be close but it would be in favor for legalization. The government wont allow it to happen however untill the production and selling of marijuanna controlled by the them because of the massive amount of money involved, imagine what that would do for the economy, it would be very huge.
D-Mac5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to apologize to scar for calling him an idiot, i should not of obviously done that and I am sorry. As for this marijuana debate, allow me to give you a background on why I am against it so much. I live in a community where most people have money, and I am not bragging i am just saying this because it allows the teenagers and people in general to have more spending money. now i am a junior in university and most people do smoke marijuanna maybe once a month, but the reason i am so against it is because my best friend, who i grew up with for many years started smoking pot frequently in high school and before this was a good student, and then became a failure. our friendship ended and he went on to more hardcore drugs like cocaine. His parents then caught him with marijuanna and were disapointed. then they caught him with cocaine and put him in rehab. he then gave up drugs for half a year or so, but then started up again. his parents then put him in rehab again and then he commited suicide. so the reason i am so against the legalization of pot is because there would be more cases like this in my opinion.
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then the drug you should be mad at is cocaine. Cocaine is terrible for you and has ruined many lives.

Some people just cant control themselves and will "move on" from weed as people say. In truth it has nothing to do with the weed, it is about that person not being strong enough to resist the urge (I have 2 good friends I never talk to now because they do coke) of something like that.

Im sorry that happened to you and your friend, I can only hope that doesnt happen to my own former friends

(One of them actually has never done pot by the way)

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
va4hustlers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blah blah blah... such children.

say no to drugs...

blah blah blah...

michael vick is overrated...

blah blah blah...

i think it's about your bedtime.
delpanator23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only 2 reasons why i am mad at vick.

1) he got caught. what a [inappropriate/removed]

2) Now we are not gonna trade matt schuab so vick has hurt the team. and if he is suspened well there goes our season.
i am 13 and my role model is vick. i am obviously dissapointed in him. He has always been that guy for me that u just look at and say "wow i wish i were him". now after the middle finger incendent and now this he has really let me and a lot of falcons fans down. also i wasted 30 bucks on his posters and rookie cards that my mom have now taken off my wallls and she took the card off my desk.

P.S. if mike is caught with weed but does not fail a drug test will he still be suspened?

^^^Kempes on the sig!

Adopt a Dirty Bird: Kroy "The Beer Truck" Biermann
osuwhodey420

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and he gives chicks herpes... why would u wanna be mike vick? he sucks and he has herpes, hey mike "its a brand new day"
ukfalcfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be fair there are good arguements for both sides of the cannabis debate, and stories like D-macs are why it always gets really heated cos like all drugs, sometimes people just get messed up, sames true will booze though. In the end i think the worse thing for vick is that no matter what people think, it is illegal at the moment and if you ve got the bigggest contract in your sport, and are the face of the franchise you ve got to be a little smarter.

As i ve said before i love vick and i sure as hell dont want him going anywhere, but an explination and an apology would help a lot!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Vick! Reply with quote

I've been down with Vick this whole time. He's from right around the corner from me, went to Va tech and put them on the map, only QB to beat the Packers in the playoffs at Lambo and took atlanta to the NFC championship game just a couple years ago. Now thats off my chest, TRADE HIM! Re-sign Shaub today and trade vick draft day. Vick and a 2nd or 3rd (whatever it takes) to Oakland for the #1 pick. Calvin Johnson! Offense would then be ready to turn the corner once the system is in place. As for Vick, he and Randy Moss can become best friends and finish out their playing days high as a kite (with out rings)!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: