You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vick caught sneaking drugs onto a plane in Miami
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSoSSlow99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good god... I wouldn't touch the official Falcons' forums right now with a 20 foot poll. I bet you'd be hard pressed to find a topic that actually wasn't about this situation and starting Shaub because of it Confused
Bartkowski1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
what people don't get is that Marijuana isn't even that bad. there are people on this forum who do it.

For you kids reading this thread, while marijuana alone may not kill you, what it will do is cause you to underachieve and be incredibly lazy. You'll be hard-pressed to find a pothead who is a dependable, hard-working, go-getter. While they may be laid-back and 'cool' to hang out with, at the end of the day it'll be hard to find one who's productive in life.

Back to Vick... I'm reserving judgment until I find out more (25 years of following ATL sports will force you to learn patience). If, IF, this is true, it's not good for the Falcons. Not so much that our 'leader', our QB, is a perceived pothead. But that he would be stupid enough to think he could board an airplane while carrying a liquid-filled bottle with a secret compartment.
If this is true, then I would have very little defense for all the Vick Detractors who tell me my QB is too stupid and too lackadaisical to lead a team to the SB.
superbelt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above post needs a rebuttal even if it isn't football related.
That is a smear pure and simple.
There are plenty of hard-working go-getters who smoke pot.
VIP's (Very Important Potheads)
D-Mac5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pot is bad for you PERIOD. it ruins lives and is a gateway drug. do pot, then crack, then heroine, then die. one dooby is equivalent to 10 cigarettes, and we all know how bad they are for you
alabama_man7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Mac5 wrote:
pot is bad for you PERIOD. it ruins lives and is a gateway drug. do pot, then crack, then heroine, then die. one dooby is equivalent to 10 cigarettes, and we all know how bad they are for you

actually, i think it is 10 doobies is equivalent to 1 cigarette, but that is besides the point. I am against all drugs no matter how small, and if this turns out to be true and am going to be very disappointed in Vick. Our starting QB should not be doing drugs, and to be honest none of them should. If I was the NFL Commisioner i would make it mandatory for every player to have a drug test every month including the off season.

ROLL TIDE!!!
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I love the fact that this has developed into a pot debate.

I wasnt going to say anything on the matter as I knew it was just get me in trouble, but Im sorry, the post below is just one of the most ignorant things Ive ever read.

D-Mac5 wrote:

Have you ever been outside of a health class? Laughing

My friends and I smoke weed sometimes and we are all college bound and lead very productive lives. Its just something that helps you relax, and unless you're a [inappropriate/removed], you still wont touch any of those nasty substances just listed. My friends smoke cigarettes, but I wont touch those things because I know how bad they are for and how easily they can ruin your life. I smoked one cigarette back in 8th grade and after wheezing throughout my entire run, I decided never to do it again. As opposed to weed, which actually helps some people I know perform better in sports.

please dont ban me for posting actual facts Sad

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
vick#7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem and the only reason Mike Vick is stupid in this situation is because he carried it himself. Mike be smart you can pay anybody to go down to Miami and get you that sticky ticky you want. lets not turn this into a drugs discussions, Please!
mike12345

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even though weed is illegal, i have heard that it is not that bad to smoke them as long as your not smoking like 10 blunts a day.
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike12345 wrote:
even though weed is illegal, i have heard that it is not that bad to smoke them as long as your not smoking like 10 blunts a day.
im not even sure who would WANT to smoke 10 blunts a day Laughing

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
va4hustlers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i can say is... who cares. it's only because he's Michael Vick that this is the only reason why it's a big deal. i'm over it.
falcontmac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bartkowski1 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
what people don't get is that Marijuana isn't even that bad. there are people on this forum who do it.

For you kids reading this thread, while marijuana alone may not kill you, what it will do is cause you to underachieve and be incredibly lazy. You'll be hard-pressed to find a pothead who is a dependable, hard-working, go-getter. While they may be laid-back and 'cool' to hang out with, at the end of the day it'll be hard to find one who's productive in life.

Back to Vick... I'm reserving judgment until I find out more (25 years of following ATL sports will force you to learn patience). If, IF, this is true, it's not good for the Falcons. Not so much that our 'leader', our QB, is a perceived pothead. But that he would be stupid enough to think he could board an airplane while carrying a liquid-filled bottle with a secret compartment.
If this is true, then I would have very little defense for all the Vick Detractors who tell me my QB is too stupid and too lackadaisical to lead a team to the SB.

My uncle is a professor at one of the biggest universities in Canada and he's been smoking weed for the past 20 years.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i love the fact that vick is a pothead good for him he shouldnt have even get in trouble for it. What u guys should be worried about is how he cant get u in the playoffs and when he does he should try focusing on winning a game. Vick will never win a super bowl, he is a great ATH but a horrible QB... and he flicks off the fans, what a loser... to bad u guys signed him to the biggest contract in NFL history Laughing trust me big mistake i really feel sorry for u guys
osuwhodey420

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and actually marijuana is not that bad at all it has negative effects on some people but actually has postive effects on some peoples studying habits and ability to achieve everyday tasks. The fact is marijuana is far less harmless than alcohol or ciggs. People should stop believing what the goverment tells u and follow actually reaserch that has been about the topic. Im not ripping anyone who choose not to do it but some people choose to and i feel that they have that right INCLUDING mike vick
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is found that he had weed in his position, the NFL will ban him for four games to start out the 2007-2008 season...
D-Mac5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar, your an idiot, marijuanna is bad for you, if anything your being ignorant, do you think that it would be illegal if it wasnt bad for you, the long term affects of pot have not been discovered just like ciggarettes have. as for that uncle crap, what school does he teach at, o and by the way the falcons really do suck

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: