Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HELP ME OUT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRUTH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: HELP ME OUT Reply with quote

many of the mock drafts have the eagles taking an o-lineman in the first round but last time i checked we had a dominating line we need a DE or a WR
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are idiots that have the Eagles getting an OL in the first rounds. AR answered that question in last years draft- this is a repeat what he did with the CB situation. If the Birds get an OL it will be late in the draft probably with a compensatory draft pick.
SIERK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With the Eagles using the franchise tag to hang on to defensive tackle Corey Simon, and another defensive tackle - Holllis Thomas - asking to be traded, it stands to reason that the Eagles might be thinking about trading up in the first round next month to grab one of the draft's two first-round-worthy interior linemen - Travis Johnson, of Florida State, or Shaun Cody, of Southern California. Said Eagles coach Andy Reid: "My track record says that I like looking at offensive and defensive linemen, so I can't say no with a straight face. But is it necessarily because of [Simon's and Thomas' situations]? No. But I'll always look at those positions [early in draft].''

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/11217369.htm

Last I checked, our Offensive Line resembled a bit of a sieve in the SuperBowl. Yes, a number of O-Linemen were taken last year. But most of them were in the later rounds.

Personally, I'd rather go D-Line in the 1st round than O-Line, but it depends on exactly who is available.

It isn't stupid to predict an offensive lineman in the first. I wasn't thrilled with Hicks at left guard last year. Elton Brown or David Baas might well be an upgrade there. Or a Khalif Barnes for 2 years down the road when Tre's contract exceeds his production.[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: