You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Hated 2007 NFL Mock Draft Version 3.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: My Hated 2007 NFL Mock Draft Version 3.0 Reply with quote

1. Raiders-Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma

Suprise, suprise. Most have seemingly hoped on the Jamarcus to Oakland bandwagon and for good reason. They donít have a QB, have some good options at receiver, and they are paying Lamount Jordan over 20 million dollars. So the logical choice would be to take Jamarcus right? Although im sure Al Davis loves the arm strength of Russell, the big play ability he can provide, but I know one thing Al Davis cant love. Looking over at division rival San Diego and seeing LT rush for 31 TDís. Then looking at the Chiefs and LJ making the Pro Bowl. Then have to look at Denver and their many backs who eclipse 1,000 yards rushind every year. Adrian Peterson is one guy who can immediately put Oakland in that company of the other great division rivals when it comes to running the football. At this point, Petersons stock has fallen a bit, he is not a top 3 lock like many felt he would be pre-injury. But if AD runs a low 4.4-high 4.3 then its no doubt in my mind he will once again be worth the top pick, especially if RBís with less to offer like Ronnie Brown and Caddy Williams can go top 5. A trade with a team like Atlanta is possible as is selecting Jamarcus, but this in my opinion will be the pick.

2. Lions-Jamarcus Russell QB LSU

QB is not a ďright now needĒ for Detroit. Jon Kitna just passed for over 4,000 yards this past season. But at this point Russell may be the highest rated player of anybody on their board. A DE to compliment Coach Maroneliís style could be the pick here as well as Joe Thomas. FA will play a key part of this selection. Detroit could go after Semion Rice in FA to mirror what he did in Tampa as a pass rusher and some key lineman will be targeted in FA. If they can successfully get some lineman, they I think they will look to the future of their franchise by drafting their franchise player.

3. Browns-Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin

Cleveland is in a similar situation as Detroit. No real franchise QB in place, struggling run game, and poor offensive line play. Brady Quinn would be clamoring to be the pick here and it will be a 50/50 chance of the Browns pulling the trigger for the hometown kid. But without a real line in place, I think management will decide against it and look to improve the line. Thomas is the best T in this years group and should make the transition smoothly to the NFL. The 3-4 requires a mammoth Nose Tackle, so Alan Branch would be tempting. But after some problems with former DL drafted in the top 3 I donít see them going in that direction.

3. Bucs-Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech

The Bucs will have to decide on helping out their pass rush, which went from a strength to a weakness in one year, or helping out their offense which ranked 31st in the league and dead last in scoring. Calvin Johnson is the consensus number 1 prospect available on most peoples big board so I just donít see Gruden passing on his talents. Johnson is the most polished receiver to come out since Larry Fitzgerald, and at this point is probably better. The Bucs receiving core needs some playmakers, as 35 year old Joey Galloway cant do it forever and Michael Clayton may not be around much longer.

5. Cardinals-Jamal Anderson DE Arkansas

The Cardinals honestly want Joe Thomas. He is number one on their board and im sure trading up would be dicussed. But if they missed out on him then they have to take the BPA and I feel they would jump on the pass rushing skills of Anderson. He lead the SEC in sacks this past year and showcased elite rush ability to go along with ideal speed and frame. His skills are similar to Julius Peppers which makes him a scare to opposing lineman. A second option could be to take shore up their next weakness by taking either Laron Landry or Reggie Nelson at S. With their top player off the board what they will do next will be speculation so trading back seems like a logical choice to consider.

---------------------------------------------------

6. Redskins-Gaines Adams DE Clemson

Adams slips to the second DE off the board but still goes top 10 to a team that would desperately want to have him. The Skins will be without some first day picks in the draft so making the first one count is all that more important. They cant afford to gamble to taking a proven defensive stud in my opinion is the ONLY choice that can be made. The pass rush of the Skins was not good at all this past season and that affected the play of the corners. A rumor around the way is the Skins are shopping Clinton Portis, if so that could change the idea of this pick.

7. Vikings-Dwayne Jarrett WR USC

Pretty open and shut pick in my opinion. Jarrettís finishing touches on his junior season ensures him of being a top 15 pick and with the Vikings needing a receiver, this is a lock. Troy Williamson as of now has not shown he was worth the high pick invested in him so the orginization could be weary of drafting another top 10 receiver. If they decide against it, then maybe a team like New England, could be open to trading with them.

8. Texans-Reggie Nelson S Florida

Houston would be down after losing the chance of drafting AD and could possibly look at Lynch, but I donít see them passing on Nelson, who has improved his stock as good as any junior this year. Much will be made between the Nelson vs Landry battle but I think the Texans go with the more dynamic ball hawker in Nelson. He plays the game a lot like Ed Reed, physical, risk taking, and fun while Landry is the more subtle dominator. After infusing talent on the DL with Mario Williams last year I would not be suprised at all to see them draft Alan Branch to go along side the two former 1st round picks on the line.

9. Dolphins-Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame

Quinn will not like the fact that he fell out of the top 5 and out of the Midwest, but I donít know how upset he could stay by going to Miami. The Dolphins have offensive needs and QB is at the top of the list with uncertainty surrounding Cullpepper and Harrington. Some guys will be intriguing like Pat Willis, Laron Landry, Jared Gaither, or a WR. But like the Cardinals last year, I cant see them passing on the prestigious QB who fell lower than expected. If Jason Taylor had retired then I could see Charles Johnson being the pick here also. Donít count out a draft day trade with Oakland, who could be interested in shipping Moss to Miami to be reunited with Cullpepper. Branch is awfully hard to pass on.

10. Falcons-Laron Landry S LSU

The biggest need on the defense has to be the secondary, particularly the safeties who are either getting up in age or not starting material anymore. Landry would be the obvious pick here if AD, CJ, and Nelson are gone. WR who can catch is a huge need, but they have 3 former 1st round picks on the roster, so taking another one like Ginn or Meachem would be bad PR wise like it was with the Lions. I still believe the Falcons will try and trade for Moss, which would mean they would most likely ship Schaub along with a mid round pick. As draft day gets closer this will become more interesting, but if they stay put then they take Landry.

---------------------------------------------------

11. 49ers-Alan Branch NT Michigan

Almost every team in the top 10 will consider drafting Branch, and he will be too good of a talent to pass up at 11 for the 9ers. The defense needs to pressure the QB better, but a problem last year was the wishy washy defensive philosophies. Is this defense a 3-4 or a 4-3? I believe they want to commit to truly being a 3-4 but they lack the players to make it happen. Branch would be the perfect player to change that as he fits the 3-4 NT position perfectly.

12. Bills-Pat Willis ILB Ole Miss

Many interesting scenarioes could take place here, the most interesting would be Marshawn Lynch. Reports out of Buffalo is that Willis Magahee has been a disappointment and will be open for trades once the draft rolls around. He will be a FA in 2008(thus could hold out) and its reported that he is not very happy in Buffalo, so this possibility is more than just a rumor. If he is dealt, to a team potentially looking for a new RB(Broncos, Jets, Browns, Cowboys, ect) then Marshawn could be the choice. If they donít get a deal, then a replacement for Nate Clements(who likely will not be resigned) or a future replacement for the aging London Fletcher will be the choices. They drafted DT last year but they will also look long and hard at Okoye, who could complete what they are trying to do on defense. Willis is the best LB in this class and has the potential to be rookie of the year and a true impact player on his team from day one.

13. Rams-Amobi Okoye DT Louisville

It may not make many St. Louis fans happy, because there is a long list of DTís they drafted in the 1st round the past 8 years but Okoye would fill a major need. His potential as a prospect is skys the limit, with his frame continuing to fill out and his speed staying the same. The Rams defense still is not good at all, and something has to be done. They would love to get Pat Willis if heís available and will even look at Lawrence Timmons and Poszlunzy, but I donít think they let this kind of talent slip past them. Another option could be WR, where Bruce and Holt are both over the wrong side of 30.

14. Panthers-Levi Brown OT Penn State

Carolina was the most dissapointing team in the NFC after many expected them to make a run at the super bowl. A major reason why they did not play well was because they had trouble on the line. Wharton suffered a season ending injury early, and the Panthers struggled to establish a run game, even with Foster and Williams. Levi could most likely be got 10-15 picks later, but Carolina may not risk that chance. S is also a need, so Michael Griffen is a possibility. A shocker that would not be a shocker to me is if Carolina traded up to the Dolphins spot and taking Brady Quinn.

15. Steelers-Lammar Woodley OLB Michigan

The mighty fell fast as they went from Super Bowl champs to mediocrity as well as losing their coach for the first time in decades. The defense is still solid, but they are getting older, especially the LB core. In the 3-4 you need fast, strong, physical LBís, and a lot of them. Woodley at this point would make the most sense because of his ability to play the pass or the run. He is this years best tweener and reminds many of Shawn Merriman. They could also look to keep one of the in-state players like CB Revis or LB Pos in Pennsylvania but I think itís the BPA.

-----------------------------------

16. Packers-Ted Ginn WR Ohio State

Many would be VERY surprised to see Green Bay pass on Marshawn Lynch but I think they would if Ginn is on the board. For one, the NFL is a copy-cat league, and after seeing what D. Hester did within their own division I think the Packers would jump on the chance to bring in someone just as renown when it came to pure speed and return abilities. Also, the Green Bay running game resembles the Denver attack where they donít need a high pick to produce a good running game. Green still rushed for over 1,000 yards and Morency showed he was capable of 100 yard games when given the chance. Ginn is a iffy player to judge. He could be a poor mans version of Donte Stallworth or could be a mirror image of Javon Walker. One thing for sure, he will bring excitement to the Packers offense.

17. Jags-Charles Johnson DE Georgia

The Jags should have been in the playoffs, but injuries and underachieving kept them out. They also went from one of the best pass rushing teams in the NFL to one that struggled to get only 35 sacks this past year. The rotation of DEís they could place on the field could be second to one, as Johnson has the most upside of any DE in my opinion. Moses got most of the hype, but Johnson quietly(well not to QBís) dominated and harassed opposing offenses. S is also a need as well as WR, and either of them could be the pick. I believe they wont go WR because of (See Atlanta and Lions) but they could go Griffen. A pass rush can greatly help a secondary though.

18. Bengals-Paul Posluszny LB Penn State

Pollacks and Thurman will both likely never play for the Bengals again so a promising group once again looks bleek. Pos is a career overachiever that continues to make plays all over the field. He is a valuabe player as he has played both OLB and ILB the past two seasons and has been successful at both. Justin Smith is a FA, so if Johnson falls they could make a move to draft him, or could opt for a DT. CB is also a need, but none should offer more BPA discussions than Pos. Lewis wants and needs some more hard nosed players.

19. Titans-Robert Meachem WR Tennessee

Meachemís stock is on the rise and will continue to climb through the combine. He is the total package, size, speed, and run after the catch ability. He reminds me of Andre Johnson of the Texans. The Titans will keep him in state and look to give Vince Young yet another option on offense. Like the Bengals, they could also go CB, S, or DE, depending on if they right player were to fall, but if not Meachem should be an easy pick to make.

20. Giants-Derrelle Revis CB Pitt

------------------------------------

Marshawn Lynch is tempting here, very tempting, but in the end it will be hard to leave the best CB prospect on the board for a team looking for a potential shut down corner. Revis has the size, and ability to go much higher than this, but he will need time well in workouts. LB is also a possibility, but not if Revis is still here.

21. Broncos-Marshawn Lynch RB Cal

It would be one of the easiest picks to make if Marshawn fell this far. His situation reminds me of Stephen Jackson when the Bucs and Cowboys opted to pass on the Pac 10 star rusher. Lynch is a shift runner with power, and will be a perfect fit for the Broncos running attack. Tatum Bell is capable, but doesnt have the burst or upside that Lynch provides. DT is a need, but they wont reach if Amobi if off the board.

22. Patriots (from Seahawks)-Lawrence Timmons OLB Florida State

The Patriots are a team that finds steals and jewels in the draft and Timmons would be another one. He has the size and speed to be a special player early on, and will thrive in the New England system. It will also benefit that he has played pass rusher before at Florida State, so the transition to a 3-4 might not be a very high learning curve. If Revis is here then this pick becomes even more interesting.

23. Cowboys-Justin Blaylock OG Texas

The Boys are looking to improve two units early in the draft. OL and the secondary. The only way they will be able to get a top notch FS is to trade down. Drafting Griffen would give them two SSís which is what they donít want. So they instead decide to improve the OL, where Blaylock could stay in state and improve the running game. Although used as both a T and G at Texas, he will be strictly a OG at the next level. Has the size and instincts to potentially be just as good as Larry Allen was.

24. Chiefs-Jared Gaither OT Maryland

There are some freaks of nature in this draft, but Gaither is the most freakish. Someone his size is not suppose to be so quick and nimble. At 6'9 330 he runs in the high 4.9's and although his technique needs fine tuning, he is very productive, only allowing 2 sakcs in two years at Maryland. The Chiefs want to help both sides of their line out but if Gaither is here they will not pass on him, no matter who is on the board. If Gaither stays for another year he is probably a lock for the top 3. After the combine, Gaither may be long gone by the time the 20's start choosing.

25. Jets-Adam Carriker DE Nebraska

Maybe no player in the country fits the 3-4 End position as well as Carriker. Even though he is around 300 pounds he moves like a 275 pound DE and will put pressure on the QB as well as stopping the run. The Jets would be thrilled to see Gaither here, but I doubt they would be upset at Carriker either, who would start almost immediately. There are no NTís left in the draft that are capable of being starters early on in the 3-4. At this point a player like Leon Hall will also get a look over.

26. Eagles-Michael Griffen S Texas

The Eagles lose Lewis and Constatine is not a player who they want as the future of the position. Griffen could potentially play FS, but is a much better fit at strong, where he can use his physicality. The Eagles are not very young at the QB position, so this is a spot where a name like Colt Brennan could come up, but the Eagles are in the thick of returning to the Super Bowl, so they take the guy who can help them now.

-------------------------------------------

27. Saints-Rufus Alexander OLB Oklahoma

The LBís havent exactly been bad this year, but none hit you as game changers neither. Alexander, the Big 12 defensive player of the year, could instantly upgrade the unit with play making ability. He is a bit on the small side for a LB, but he can fly, and will hit you in the mouth. The biggest concern could be CB, so Leon Hall would also make a lot of sense. At this point its splitting hairs.

28. Patriots-Leon Hall CB Michigan

Although Sidney Rice would make a lot of Patriot fans happy, New England once again makes the wisest move, and thats adding depth and future replacements. Asamute Samuel is a FA, and the Pats have shown that they donít resign many players looking for big contracts, so I think he is as good as gone. Hallís stock has slipped a bit after back to back disappointing games, but not enough to keep him out of the first round.

29. Colts-Brandon Siler LB Florida

Although the defense came together in the playoffs, they still were one of the worse run defenses the NFL has seen in some time. Cato June is a FA, so looking for a capable starter cant hurt. Siler played ILB at Florida, but will likely convert to OLB at the next level because he is undersized. Tony Dungy knows a thing or two about taking smaller LBís and making them great in the Cover 2.

30. Bears-Eart Everett OLB Florida

Lance Briggsís contract situation has to cause some concern, and if he doesnít return then the Bears will be smart to look for his replacement early with their first 2 picks. The LB class is deep at the top, but slims up towards the bottom, so they may have to reach to get one of the better prospects. Blades and Davis are more highly rated, but I believe both will end up as ILBís so that leaves Everett as the best OLB available. Heís experienced at both Will and Sam and seasoned because he has started since his Freshman year.

31. Ravens-Michael Bush RB Louisville

McNair did prove with a good team he still has solid years in him, now the Ravens just have to keep their team solid. The defense could use more depth at CB, or some more LBís but I believe after the playoff performance they go offense. Jamal Lewis is owed close to a 14 Million Dollar Roster Bonus so unless he takes a paycut he will be a cap casualty. This would leave Musa Smith to be the teams starting RB. If this holds, then the Ravens would look for one of the top pre-injury prospects in the country. What will tell the whole story will be if Bush can run when the combine rolls around. As of now, he is still hobbling on that injured leg.

32. Chargers-Eric Weddle S Utah

The defense is good, but if there is one weak spot its at S. Weddle is rising up draft boards and has all of the ability to be a game changing saftey. He was one of the most underrated players in the country the past two years. If he had played for anyone else, he would have been a two time All American. This pick could be just as big a steal as McNeil and or Merriman.

------------------

round 2

1. Raiders-Sidney Rice WR South Carolina

Raiders are thrilled Rice falls to the second. If this happens no doubt in my mind either Moss or Porter (or both) get traded.

2. Lions-H.B. Blades LB Pitt

Get a ILB to compliment Ernie Sims. Should be a dominant LB core.

3. Browns-Ben Grubbs OG Auburn

The OG position is actually worse than the T position. Grubbs can make a case for most underated offensive lineman in the draft.

3. Bucs-Jarvis Moss DE Florida

Moss fits the bill as a pass rusher, even though he will be very undersized.

5. Cardinals-Joe Staley OT Central Michigan

Desperately need OL help, and Staley is rising up boards.

6. Jets( from Washington)-Brian Leonard FB Rutgers

Get a runner to compliment Leon Washington. Leonard is the Reggie Bush of this years draft because of his versatility. Can run, block, and catch better than any FB the draft has seen in a while. A Rich mans version of Mike Alstott

7. Vikings-Zack Miller TE Arizona State

Jackson would love to have Jarrett and the Miller in this draft.

8. Texans-Quinn Pitcock DT Ohio State

Pitcock, Johnson, and Williams should eventually turn into a scary DL.

9. Dolphins-Buster Davis LB Florida State

Small ILB, but so was Zach Thomas, so the Phins will easily overlook his shortcomings.

10. Falcons-Quentin Moses OLB Georgia

Perfect fit for the 3-4 rush. Brought back to reality after a hyped summer and disappointing senior season.

11. 49ers-Anthony Spencer OLB Purdue

With Branch and Spencer they can now really use the 3-4 like its suppose to be ran. Spencer may be a 1st round pick once the combine rolls around. Will challenge Woodley as best tweener in the draft.

12. Bills-Josh Wilson CB Maryland

If the lose Clements then they need his replacement. Wilson is arguably one of the 3 fastest players in all of the draft. It begs the question, what are they putting in the water down in Maryland?

13. Rams-Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame

Could look to get an elite pass rusher opposite Little. Brennan is a possibility.

14. Panthers-Brandon Merriweather S Miami(FL)

Gets a highly talented player to fill one of their most pressing needs. Could be a huge steal.

15. Steelers-Tony Ugoh OT Arkansas

Would love to add some youth to the OL, and Ugoh would be a steal in the mid 2nd round.

16. Packers-Aaron Ross CB Texas

Ross won the Thorp, but will have to prove he is as good as advertised. The Packers need players in the secondary.

17. Jags-Dewayne Bowe WR LSU

Although The Jags want to develop the receivers they have, they may lose one to FA and might not see the advantage in passing on one of the best prospects out this year. Bowe is big, fast, and a dependable target for whoever is at QB.

18. Bengals-Tank Tyler DT N.C State

The Bengals would get a steal this late in round 2. Demarcus is a rock in the middle and can bring some stability to any front that he is inserted into.

19. Titans-Tim Crowder DE Texas

Would like to get some more pressure on the QB. Crowder plays the run just as well as he does the pass.

20. Giants-Kenny Irons RB Auburn

Ironsís stock has dropped, but the Giants could use him with Tiki retiring. A duo of two former Auburn back in Jacobs and Irons would be very scary.

21. Broncos-Justin Harrell DT Tennessee

Harell is likely a 1st round pick if he doesnt get injured. Denver is still looking for a dominant big man up front.

22. Seahawks-Josh Beekman OG Boston College

They donít have a lot of pressing needs, but OG would definitely be a help. Boston College has a knack for producing good lineman.

23. Cowboys-Jeff Samardja WR Notre Dame

Its unclear if T.O will return, and after that no WR is exactly going to scare you. As productive as he is, its hard to see him falling any further.

24. Chiefs-Colt Brennan QB Hawaii

Greenís career is slowly coming to an end, and Croyle is looking like a wasted pick. Brennan is capable of being a great QB in the NFL but just needs the right system (as does any QB). Having a great run game will help his maturation alot.

25. Saints-Daymeion Hughes CB California

Hughes is one of the best on the ball players in the draft. His only knack is he lacks top end speed for a corner. Would probably fit better in a Cover 2 System but he is a football player, and makes up for what he lacks in speed with instincts.

26. Jets-Quentin Groves OLB Auburn

Groves would be a top end pass rusher for the Jets, and gives them another fantastic almost perfect fit for the 3-4. With so many teams running the 3-4 now its harder to find really good tweeners, so its best to start drafting them a little earlier then years past.

27. Eagles-Jon Beason OLB Miami(FL)

Could have used an extra year, but has more upside than Rocky McIntosh (2nd round pick last year out of Miami). He should be an immediate contributor with his speed.

28. Patriots-Johnnie Lee Higgans WR UTEP

Higgans is the most underrated receiving prospect in the draft, and could go as high as late 1st round. The Patriots will be more than happy to get him off the board and add his fantastic speed to a pretty possession filled core.

29. Bucs-Marcus McCauley DB Fresno State

McCaulyís stock has slipped lower than many expect. He got benched for poor play during this last year and has to prove he is more than just great speed on a great frame. All that means nothing if you cant cover. If anything, he has the size to move over to FS.

30. Bears-Arron Sears OT Tennessee

They have not invested a high draft pick on the OL in years, and their starters are solid, but both over 31.

31. Ravens-Fred Bennett CB South Carolina

McCalister is still great on one side but Rolle is starting to get up there in age. Bennett would help as a nickle back before settling in as a starter.

32. Chargers-Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio State

they would like to add a speedy receiver and possible return man. Gonzalez should impress at the combine by running a 4.3 in the 40.

round 3

1. Raiders-Ryan Harris OT Notre Dame

No secret that the Gallery experiment backfired, if Sears can play LT maybe Gallery can be moved back over to his original position.

2. Lions-Ray McDonald DE Florida

A Pass rush is needed to make the Cover 2 go.

3. Browns-Troy Smith QB Ohio State

Pass on one home town kid, but grab the other. Smith could come in on a good situation if he has a good senior bowl/combine/workouts. It still all depends on if he is around 5'10 or 6'1.

3. Bucs-Aaron Rouse S Virginia Tech

Rouse is a hard hitter that will try to fill the void that John Lynch left a few years ago.

5. Cardinals-Kyle Young C Fresno State

Young is shooting up boards and he will battle with Kalil as the best center in the draft. Cardinals need help at multiple positions on the line.

6. Broncos (from Redskins)-Chris Houston CB Arkansas

The loss of Williams( RIP) leaves a need for depth, although Foxworth is a capable and young starter.

7. Vikings-Baraka Atkins DE/DT Miami(FL)

James and Udeze had injuries so if anything its for depth

8. Texans-Lorenzo Booker RB Florida State

A poor mans Reggie Bush. Will run a 4.3 at the combine and will be pound for pound one of the strongest players at the draft. His stock is oddly enough on the rise and he could sneak up to the top of the 2nd.

9. Dolphins-Marcus Thomas DT Florida

Was a 1st round pick before he got kicked off the team. If he can play to his talent, then the Dolphins will have a major steal

10. Falcons-Dallas Baker WR Florida

If the Moss trade doesnít go through, then baker will be a fallback option

11. 49ers-Steve Smith WR USC

A career overachiever that can turn into a possible Marvin Harrison type receiver with the right system.

12. Bills-Brandon Mebane DT Cal

Bills get someone to go alongside MaCargo. Tony Hunt is a possibility as is Lorenzo Booker if he is available.

13. Rams-Greg Olsen TE Miami(FL)

Rams get a receiving threat from the TE position that they havenít had. Could make their passing game even deadlier.

14. Panthers-Drew Stanton QB Michigan State

Delhomme may not be the starter beyond this next year, so a possible replacement is taken. Stanton is physically one of the most talented players in the draft.

15. Steelers-Tony Hunt RB Penn State

A big bruising back to go along with Willie Parker. Hunt is as productive of any player in the country and might not slip past the Eagles in round 2.

16. Packers-Antonio Pittman RB Ohio State

Pittman has ďstealĒ written all over him, especially in the zone blocking scheme that Green Bay runs.

17. Jags-John Wendling S Wyoming

Fast rising prospect looking to be the next small school steal in their secondary.

18. Bengals-DeAndre Jackson CB Iowa State

CB is a need, and while Jackson isnít a blazer, he has great technique and cover ability.

19. Titans-Josh Gattis S Wake Forest

Gattis is a ballhwak that is always around the rock making plays.

20. Gaints-Preston Burgess OLB Michigan

Giants could use more LBís, although getting Arrington back will help.

21. Broncos-Chansi Stuckey WR Clemson

Stuckey is underated as a playmaker. Has top end speed and will stretch the field as a receiver and return man.

22. Seahawks-Kareem Brown DT Miami(FL)

Adds depth to a DL that lacks a true star up the middle

23. Cowboys-Dan Bauzin DE/OLB

Would like to get more pass rush out of the defense as Ware is the only consistent rusher.

24. Chiefs-Jay Alford DT Penn State

They donít draft one high like in previous years, but still nab the big body that they need.

25. Saints-Clark Harris TE Rutgers

Should come in right away and be a contributor. Saints would like a DT, but find more value in Harris, who was a play maker for Rutgers

26. Jets-Doug Free OT Northern Illinois

They are really setting up themselves with one of the best young OL in the NFL. DíBrick, Mangold, and Free looks very formidable and that keeps them from having to invest in a high priced RB.

27. Saints(from Eagles because Phully resigns Stallworth)-Ryan McBean DT Oklahoma

McBean adds depth to a team that will look to fill defensive needs early in the draft and in FA.

28. Patriots-Michael Johnson S Arizona

Johnson played in the shadows of Antone Cason, but he was just as much as a play maker.

29. Colts-Eric Wright CB UNLV

Has enough speed to be a good CB here. Bob sanders should be moved to SS so Marlin Jackson can be the FS. This creates room for more Cbs. At the least it adds depth to an aging unit.

30. Bears-Matt Spaeth TE Minnesota

Spaeth won the TE of the year award and can only improve as a player. Pretty good in terms of blocking as well as receiving.

31. Ravens-Ryan Kalil C USC

Nab a player that should be a starter in a year or two. Age is catching up with the Ravens OL so they have to start looking at replacements now.

32. Chargers-Manny Ramirez OG Texas Tech

The OL improved greatly this past year, but adding even more pieces to this unit should be a priority. Ramirez is suprsingly just as good run blocking as he is pass blocking.
packers0491

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HORRIBLE packers draft.

1) we rnt gonna pass on Lynch we dont need Ginn we have alrdy have 2 recievers just like him(DD Jennings)

2) if we dont get a RB in round one we will definitly get one in round 2

3) our biggest needs r RB n S
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packers0491 wrote:
HORRIBLE packers draft.

1) we rnt gonna pass on Lynch we dont need Ginn we have alrdy have 2 recievers just like him(DD Jennings)

2) if we dont get a RB in round one we will definitly get one in round 2

3) our biggest needs r RB n S

fair, but who exactly would yall take in round 2 that wont be availabe in round 3?
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad mock, you summed up perfectly the bills situation, im hoping Buffalo at 12 would be Darrelle Revis, Pat Willis or Levi Brown.
Kazkal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pollacks and Thurman will both likely never play for the Bengals again so a promising group once again looks bleek. Pos is a career overachiever that continues to make plays all over the field. He is a valuabe player as he has played both OLB and ILB the past two seasons and has been successful at both. Justin Smith is a FA, so if Johnson falls they could make a move to draft him, or could opt for a DT. CB is also a need, but none should offer more BPA discussions than Pos. Lewis wants and needs some more hard nosed players.

Paul Poz is a good pick if hes shows hes worth a 1st rnder....Pollack very well could make it back on field but if he does I think it will just be as a pass rush specialist...that way it's easier on his body if he does heal 100%

LB,CB and DE our probbley postions we will look at most in rnd 1 right about those...DT I see more rnd 4 for big run stuffer who will be rotation guy and then replace sam adams next year.
Raptor44

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very solid Titans draft.

Meachem I actually like better than Jarrett and Ginn.
Crowder would improve the run defense and pass rush.
Gattis would get Lamont Thompson out of the starting line-up.

I'd be extremely satisfied with this on draft day.

DO NOT BENCH FOWLER
Jones1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting and well done, i sure hope the Giants snag Lynch in the first if he's there. Not high on Irons at all, nice 3rd rd choice /w the LB outa MSU
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones1 wrote:
interesting and well done, i sure hope the Giants snag Lynch in the first if he's there. Not high on Irons at all, nice 3rd rd choice /w the LB outa MSU

i almost gave the Giants Lorenzo Booker in the 2nd, how would you have felt about that?
BucsFanTillDead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great work! only thing is the packers draft but all eles seems great, big give if peterson goes num1 but it could happen.

great bucs pick!

You might know me as Gdubbz on other Bucs fan community's.
JFect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great browns first rounder, the second and third rounder are horrible. Ben Grubbs did not have a good enough year and is still somewhat raw to be taken in the high second, basically a late first rounder. Pitcock or Spencer are 100% better options and not big reaches like Grubbs. 3rd rounder is horrible, why draft another crappy qb, and a guy that is 5'11 at that. Troy's lack of height showed glaringly vs a good florida team and is not the answer in cleveland unless he falls to the 5th. Should be OL, DL or CB help here

Go Browns!
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFect wrote:
great browns first rounder, the second and third rounder are horrible. Ben Grubbs did not have a good enough year and is still somewhat raw to be taken in the high second, basically a late first rounder. Pitcock or Spencer are 100% better options and not big reaches like Grubbs. 3rd rounder is horrible, why draft another crappy qb, and a guy that is 5'11 at that. Troy's lack of height showed glaringly vs a good florida team and is not the answer in cleveland unless he falls to the 5th. Should be OL, DL or CB help here

lol @ 3 weeks ago Smith being a 1st round pick, and now isnt good enough to go first day because of one game. Yikes

anyway, i disagree on Grubbs, i think he is an outstanding G and although he could be gotten 10-15 picks later, its basically about as big a reach as Davin Joseph was to TB last year....I dont do mock trades so.......

thanks for the critiques tho, always appreciated
Bmore271

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the Michael Bush pick since Lamal Lewis might not resign and also as a terps fan i dont think Jared Gaither is coming out
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
Jones1 wrote:

i almost gave the Giants Lorenzo Booker in the 2nd, how would you have felt about that?

im a giant fan and i would have LOVED that.. i really like the talent the kid possesses and although he shows that hes raw and doesnt hit holes that well.. he won't have a whole lot of pressure on him because of jacobs will be there to take carries and earn all of the tough yards.. although RIGHT NOW i feel 2nd would be just a little bit high on booker but he may go up that far after the combine because i believe he's got an excellent combine ahead of him with his incredible athleticism
jargin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love it if the texans picked nelson, but i dont really like pitcock, seems overrated to me.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
pollino14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the PAckers Lynch in rd 1 and Bowe in rd 2 and it would be great.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: