Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HELP WITH MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starkesn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: HELP WITH MOCK DRAFT Reply with quote

I want to do a mock draft and would like input from each teamís forum so I can understand what your needs are. Please give good reasons for the picks you make and list the positions you need in order of most important. Thanks.

Also, I had a trade idea for philly fans. What if cincinnati traded it's 1st and 4th for Philly's 1st and either second round pick. That way you guys can move up and get either Travis Johnson or Troy Williamson.
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think if you include our #31 and #63 it should be about the same value as the 17th pick so take out Cincys 4th. Johnson would probably be the pick to go there and see if you can incorporate Corey Simon in a trade if you do the Philly Cincy trade.

But if you are going to trade Simon dont put something stupid in and say he will be traded for Edgerrin James or something stupid like that. No way that Edge will be an Eagles with that sort of money demand.

Post when ur drafts done so i can check it out. its interesting when someone makes trades, even if they are far-fetched still fun to look at. Very Happy
wynalda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will counter your trade offer with our 31 and 77 for cinn 15 and we will pick dt t johson or de/ dt cody...if we dont trade i like these players
31....de tuck
35....g/c bass
63...rb barber
77...wr m jones
93... te dt cb bpa
starkesn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that trade is very uneven. the 31 and 63 picks add up to our 15 almost exactly.
SIERK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

31 and 63 for 17 is fair.

I'm getting slightly more in favor of trading up to that range. I'm not sure about Travis Johnson, though. He was acquitted of rape, but I don't know if that means there wasn't enough evidence, or he didn't do it, or if there was a techincality.

Either way, Andy Reid doesn't often go for guys with that type of character issue. Loudmouths (T.O., Freddie), yes. But questionable character guys, no.

I'm also not sure about Shaun Cody... I'm not big into DT/DE tweeners. They never seem to excel. Give me some strong guys in the middle and quick guys on the edges. Not a slow DE/undersized DT. Let the 3-4 defenses draft those guys.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they should move up to the 15-17 range to draft maybe a DT or a DE. with 63 and 31 for 15 my draft would look like this w/out comp picks

1.)15-Erasmus James-DE-Wisconsin- fills one of the Eagles biggest needs with the departure of Burgess
2.)35-Antajj Hawthorne-DT-Wisconsin- the Eagles need a run stuffing DT and Hawthorne can fill that roll perfect
*Trade
The Eagles send Hollis Thomas and Freddy Mitchell to SF for a 3rd and 4th rounder
3.)65-Wesley Britt-OT-Alabama-A guy who can fill in for Runyan in a year or two and leave Andrews @ G
3.)77-Courtney Roby-WR-Indiana-Has speed graeat hands, and dosen't mind going over the middle even with his average size, kind of seems like Lee Evans.
3.)94-Michael Boley-Southern Miss-He will fit well in JJ's Defense b/c of his speed and ability to make plays.
4.)102-Joel Dressen-te-Colorado St-He is a LS as well as a good receiving TE, may slip to early 4th round.
4.)134-Frank Gore-RB-Miami- He is a guy who can run over people, and is also diceptivley fast. good insurance polocy for Buck and good change of pace for Westy
5.)166-Dustin Fox-CB/S-Ohio ST-He will add depth for either S or CB but more likely S for JR Reed.
6.)198-BPA/KR
7.)BPA
aafroe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Eagles send Hollis Thomas and Freddy Mitchell to SF for a 3rd and 4th rounder

Wishful thinking. Would be nice but not gonna happen.

Maybe for a 5th. Maybe.
TheFreak93

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea boi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: