You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st round pick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mksadng

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: 1st round pick Reply with quote

What position should we look to draft with our first pick?
DT?
CB?
LB?
TE?

I think we should draft a CB because theirs pretty good 1st round depth and then draft a DT 2nd round cuz their could be some late steals (Tank Tyler, Amobi Okoye, Marcus Thomas)

Dontrelle Willis will have an ERA over 6 with the Detroit Tigers!
Raiders-forLife

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys should get a good CB on the other side of Mckenzie Because Fred Thomas is really giving up alot of stupid touchdowns.
Maybe someone like Darrelle Revis from Pitt or a good middle linebacker like Patrick Willis from OleMiss Because Simoneau isnt doing anything. the other Linebackers two Shanle and Fujita they're Pretty good solid starters though.
NOSaints

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB definitely if one of the top ones are still there which they should be. If not DT or LB depending on who falls and dare I say WR if a stud(I like Rice from SC but if good defense is there take it) is there. Henderson is good but he is a great I repeat GREAT #3 WR and I'm just not so sure about Horn(injuries) but CB is our biggest need.
mrnasties NO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually i've had a day to think about it and DT then CB
Slim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If LB-Willis and LB-Pouslunzny is gone and DT-Tyler is gone then pick a corner Hughs or McCauley will probably be the last two left that are worthy of a 1st round pick, or TE-Zach Miller is next best option
fishingforjimbo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like contenders drafting corners because often they take a few years to develope.

Tank Tyler would be nice if hes still there at the 32nd pick.

I personaly think we need to find a way to get Teddy Ginn. Ginn + Bush = FREAKING AWESOME.

BE A SAINT
UCFNoleFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ginn fell to us I wouldn't mind the pick, but I would not want any kind of trade to get him.

I would love to see a playmaking LB, or a CB who is better than Fred Thomas(anyone!!!)
mksadng

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we should draft a CB then draft Marcuz Thomas in the fourth (dropped a lot due to getting kicked off his team but had the potential to be first DT taken in draft)

LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mksadng wrote:
i think we should draft a CB then draft Marcuz Thomas in the fourth (dropped a lot due to getting kicked off his team but had the potential to be first DT taken in draft)

He's the type of player the Saints will not take.

Sean Payton likes high character players remember.
mksadng

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point didnt think of that i would love to c us take jarvis moss the guys a BEAST i think he bloocked like 3 kicks this year and is also a beastly DE

GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id rather see us go CB in FA (maybe FA AND draft) and pray that Pouslunzny or Willis (especially the ladder) fall to us. A ballsy pick would be TE Zach Miller. A dynamic TE like him would help alot and we might need another "go over the middle" recieveing option.

All in all, however I would be surprised if we didnt go defense with the first pick.

1958, 2003, and 2007 National Champions!
MKWB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we tke the best available talent out of DT, CB, LB that is a good character guy that Payton feels fits the team the best. Whatever the pick is its bound to be a good one, along with the rest of the draft. I think the picks might really surprise the anylsts and fans.

Just think about last year: Bush, Colston, Jhairi Evans, Harper (starting to be really good before he got hurt.)

4 big impact starters from last year's draft. im pumped about this year's draft... right after we win the superbowl that is!
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeauxLSUTigers wrote:
Id rather see us go CB in FA (maybe FA AND draft) and pray that Pouslunzny or Willis (especially the ladder) fall to us. A ballsy pick would be TE Zach Miller. A dynamic TE like him would help alot and we might need another "go over the middle" recieveing option.

All in all, however I would be surprised if we didnt go defense with the first pick.

I was going to suggest that as well. If either Miller or Greg Olson were to be teamed with Colston, Horn, Henderson, Deuce and Bush, and actually Pan Out....

Talk about an absolute nightmare for Defensive Coordinators. If you drafted a TE in the first and then went Defense from there on out, it could be great. There will be good value at DT and CB when you pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and I fully expect the Saints to make a run at a LB in FA. Perhaps Adalius Thomas out of Baltimore if the Ravens don't feel they can Franchise him.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
D24pick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel LB is the biggest need by far. Look at this, we don't play Clark unless goaline situations, and Simoneay sucks! If Willis can fall down or we trade up I'd get him. Im really itchy on getting PP, just dont feel right. After that I go DT, then CB, especially if we can go and get Asante Samuel from FA's. Then it'll all fit, along with a TE in the 3rd if Stall signs
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly all we can do is wait and see who falls to us. Id doubt we trade up for Willis because so many people are eyeing him already. I definitely say we go FA for a #1 CB, maybe draft one as well so he can develop. The only trade I see a possiblility is our first for a couple of seconds (though this is unlikely) so we can get Siler w/o reaching. I have a good feeling about him and Zach Miller. This is a pretty good looking TE class so I say we strike while the irons hot.

1958, 2003, and 2007 National Champions!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: