Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Help at wideout?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VINCanity10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Help at wideout? Reply with quote

I just read this on ESPN....

"Saturday night's game could have been Donte Stallworth's last with the Eagles, depending on whether they decide that his 825 yards and six touchdowns this season were good enough. After the game, Stallworth said he had a bitter taste and it was unfortunate they lost, but when asked about his future in Philadelphia, he simply replied, "Are you serious?"

What do you guys think about us picking up Donte, he was an major threat before Donovan McNabb went down. He's still pretty young and would be a nice target for VY. I looked it up and I couldn't find out if he was going to be a FA or not.

I'd really like us to get Donte and Asante in FA but the likely hood of Asante is slim, I think the Pats are prolly gunna resign him.

P.S. If someone could make me a sweet sig with Pacman that would be awesome.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its possible that he leaves Philly and it seems the fans on this board are split about 50/50 on if he's goin or stayin. I would love to bring him to Nashville, but with a down year for FA WR's he is gonna ask for oodles of money, which I would rather spend on the defensive side of the ball or a TE.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he might ask for alot of money.. or he'll simply pick the best team and situation with a decent amount of money
IONDragonX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With David Givins making the $$$ as a WR, Donte may ask for more than we could afford. However, I'd love to sign him, if the price was right! Landing Donte would bump out DBennett, tho...

As for Asante, he'll probably be let go by the Pats b/c he's worth big $$$ and he knows it. The Pats will save their money for other things, I'd bet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher said he wanted to get VY weapons,and this would be the ideal way of going about it!FA!!!I want to sign Stallworth in FA,and we could also pick up a CB like Manning Jr. and a DT like Sands then we could draft a DE and more BPA on D.
IONDragonX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:
Fisher said he wanted to get VY weapons,and this would be the ideal way of going about it!FA!!!I want to sign Stallworth in FA,and we could also pick up a CB like Manning Jr. and a DT like Sands then we could draft a DE and more BPA on D.

Yeesh! Another thread gets sucked into the FA wormhole...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see where we need a tight end. Troupe was injured, once he's healthy we'll have him, Scaife, and Hartstock for blocking downs. Kinney might be released. I read a year ago on titansonline.com that Fischer said Troupe has a great amount of talent and would be an elite TE in the NFL.
Ballhawk26

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in delaware and all they do is cover the eagles and i see the eagles so much(i freakin hate those guys) but my point is i watch stallworth and he is not as good as people think he is, the guy will make a play on a deep ball once in a while but i see him getting handled throughout the game by db's because of his size. And he wasn't even the number one in philly but played more in the slot, and for us the team with like 2 number 2's and 4 number 3's we don't need another 2 or 3, we need a 1. So I say if were not going to get a number 1 in the draft (johnson or jarrett, ginn's not a number 1 in the nfl) let's go out and get Randy Moss.
ironlion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy Moss isnt goin anywhere, the raiders have a new staff, and they are going to get a good QB in the draft. I would be way more pissed than Randy Moss was this year if i had the chump Aaron brooks throwing me(or not throwing me) the ball. Everyone talks about his attidude, but even the great veteran WR Porter got screwed over this year( he was suspended by the team then reinstated after a players association appeal. I think that with a good QB pickup the raiders could be on their way back up.

For the record I would love to get Randy Moss, but i think the cost it would take to get him would be to high.
titans will return

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballhawk26 wrote:
I live in delaware and all they do is cover the eagles and i see the eagles so much(i freakin hate those guys) but my point is i watch stallworth and he is not as good as people think he is, the guy will make a play on a deep ball once in a while but i see him getting handled throughout the game by db's because of his size. And he wasn't even the number one in philly but played more in the slot, and for us the team with like 2 number 2's and 4 number 3's we don't need another 2 or 3, we need a 1. So I say if were not going to get a number 1 in the draft (johnson or jarrett, ginn's not a number 1 in the nfl) let's go out and get Randy Moss.

ummm see the problem with that is,we have no deep ball threats and stallworth woudl fit in very well being ours and ive seen him make 10-15 yard plays in to TD's all year.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not going to get a #1 through the draft.. BUT , If stallworth comes out of philly, i think we should give it a shot.. And Ginn would be perfect for slot, because of his speed and talent and the mis-matches he'll cause. You know how when Pacman comes onto offense and everyone knows hes dangerous with the football in his hands.. Well we need a guy whos out there all the time like that.
TitansGuru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the thing, Donte is probably going to get in the ballpark of what Bennett gets. So, if given the chance, who would you rather have? Personally, I'd take Stallworth because of his ability to stretch the field.
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitansGuru wrote:
Here's the thing, Donte is probably going to get in the ballpark of what Bennett gets. So, if given the chance, who would you rather have? Personally, I'd take Stallworth because of his ability to stretch the field.

i think stallworths going to end up getting MORE than bennett and i would definitely rather have him then bennett but i think he is still a proven #2 which leaves us still lacking a true #......

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
titans will return

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was the go to WR in Philly this past year and no matter where he lined up he was still covered by the opposing teams number 1's.He was the best WR the first 7 weeks of football untill the injury this past season.Then he ended the season strong.I'll take Stallworth for his ability to strech the field and his YAC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: