Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trades???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie, if you are refering to me, I certainly WAS NOT, in any way making fun of Frank. I rooted for him all last year. I was joking.... yes it was a joke.... Take it easy.... I have not and never will make fun of anyone based on a dissability or anything for that matter! I was kidding around and it was nothing more than that.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
have you seen george bush latley if he can almost run a country ronnie caddilac and frank can play a sport they have been playing since they were kids

Very Happy Very Happy Fair Enough!! Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Mercury22 on Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this was posted yet, but trading the #2 pick looks more and more like a reality... Check this link out....
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-dolphinsshoppingseco

Two NFC personnel sources told the Miami Herald the Dolphins are inviting trade offers for their first-round pick, and recent statements by the Dolphins' front office seem to confirm that possibility. Miami coach Nick Saban told the Herald the team has a chart indicating what type of compensation the team is willing to accept to move down the draft board, and the club intends to stick to that chart.

Could one of those NFC teams be the Arizona Cardinals?????
FF Member #1000
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
Don't know if this was posted yet, but trading the #2 pick looks more and more like a reality... Check this link out....
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-dolphinsshoppingseco

Two NFC personnel sources told the Miami Herald the Dolphins are inviting trade offers for their first-round pick, and recent statements by the Dolphins' front office seem to confirm that possibility. Miami coach Nick Saban told the Herald the team has a chart indicating what type of compensation the team is willing to accept to move down the draft board, and the club intends to stick to that chart.

Could one of those NFC teams be the Arizona Cardinals?????

Here is a sample of the draft pick value chart that Saban was referring to. Obviously his may be slightly different but this is close to historical values:

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/NickelPackage/tradevaluechart.htm

It will give you an idea of what the Dolphins ought to get for the #2 pick.
Griese2Clayton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Miami coach Nick Saban told the Herald the team has a chart indicating what type of compensation the team is willing to accept to move down the draft board, and the club intends to stick to that chart.

If Saban's chart looks anything like the old generic nfl draft value chart, the Phins will certainly be keeping the #2 pick. Wink
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Quote:
have you seen george bush latley if he can almost run a country ronnie caddilac and frank can play a sport they have been playing since they were kids

Very Happy Very Happy Fair Enough!! Very Happy Very Happy

see u know what im talkn bout

~ Lork
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie, did u read my post?
Griese2Clayton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2005 NFL Draft Pick Values

The VALUE FORMULA for the top 10 picks this year: Take the pick number and subtract from 1500 ------> You're left with a close approximation of the actual value.
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigfuggah wrote:
Ronnie, did u read my post?

yeah

~ Lork
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhhh, ok. Just wanted to make sure you didnt take what I said the wrong way!
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigfuggah wrote:
I dont know about you guys, but here is my personal feeling. I understand Saban wants extra draft picks. But, if Ronnie Brown or Edwards or Smith or whoever blows Saban away, I say you take him, and move on. Next year you have all of your picks and you can seriously take advantage of them then. But you have to understand, which I know ALL of you do, that if you move down and pick a player you like as opposed to a player you love, just to pick up a 2nd, chances are, you arent making a great move...... Thoughts?

I agree, if there's a guy who blows you away, you do what you need to do to draft him. Good example of this would be Miami trading up in the 2001 draft to get Chris Chambers.

Trading down solely for the purpose of acquiring more picks leads to things like JJ trading down in 1998 and missing Randy Moss so he could take John Avery.

I just don't think that there's a guy who blows Saban away who could only be had in the top 5. I think that he's going after value guys and, in this draft, I don't see any of the guys commonly refered to as "Top 5" players being worth it. I could be wrong, and probably will be. But I'd rather have Philly's 5 Day 1 picks in this draft than SF's 3.
FF Member #1031
frankmoore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griese2Clayton wrote:

Low wonderlic? Let's review:

Eric Shelton 23
Ronnie Brown 23
Cadillac Williams 22
Cedric Benson 19
Ciatrick Fason 16
JJ Arrington 14
Vernand Morency 11
Frank Gore 6

The Wonderlic is nice, but it doesn't always translate into football intelligence. Marino scored a 16 in the test when he took it. I don't think that there are many people who'd say that Dan didn't have it between the ears enough to produce on the field.
FF Member #1031
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank, while I usually agree with you, the fact is, none of us know what Saban thinks of anyone. That Avery-Moss thing is sad.... very.... but I think that Saban is a pretty good judge of talent. I also think he knows that passing up on a player who he may not love but thinks could be great would be a mistake. Why try do do something stupid. Maybe he might do this down the road, but I just dont see Saban trading the pick unless he gets a great offer for the pick or, HE KNOWS that he will get the player he wants at #__________? What do you think now? lol!
frankmoore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigfuggah wrote:
Frank, while I usually agree with you, the fact is, none of us know what Saban thinks of anyone. That Avery-Moss thing is sad.... very.... but I think that Saban is a pretty good judge of talent. I also think he knows that passing up on a player who he may not love but thinks could be great would be a mistake. Why try do do something stupid. Maybe he might do this down the road, but I just dont see Saban trading the pick unless he gets a great offer for the pick or, HE KNOWS that he will get the player he wants at #__________? What do you think now? lol!

Dude (as calling you pig is wrong on so many levels), you've got my point. I just probably wasn't clear in my delivery.

My point (after a good night's sleep to help formulate my ideas) is that I don't believe Saban would be hanging a "for sale at the right price" sign on the #2 pick if there was a player he had to have who is considered a "Top 5" pick. I think that he'd privately entertain offers but eventually say "no thanks". As much of a gamesman as he is, I don't believe he'd be blowing that much smoke.

I'm not claiming that I know what Saban is thinking (aside from the occasional "My god, how could they have let things get so bad?"). However, I do think that he knows that the guy(s) he wants will be available later in the draft which is why he's making it public knowledge that the #2 pick is available.
FF Member #1031
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank, not sure why you would call me "Pig" but let me say I did NOT create this name! ha.... Anyway, what I was trying to say in my post was this: I know nobady has an idea as to what Saban is thinking and I know you were just giving your opinion, which everyone welcomes! My point is... LETS JUST PRAY WE GET WHAT WE NEED!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: