Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trades???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Trades??? Reply with quote

Many people feel that the Dolphins will trade the #2 pick. Im not sure how many takers there will be and what could the Fins possibly get? Do you think it's likely? And for what?
DoLFaN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rumor has it that they will trade down with arizona for their #8 pick and some other stuff
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we all know how reliable Frank is....... ha ha! Just kidding! Details?
jdk3291

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolfan...i was wondering where you heard about the possible cadinals and dolphins deal.
DoLFaN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, i got it from "The Mort Report" on ESPN
jdk3291

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolfan can you post the link i cant find it
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll be out of luck on the link, the Mort Report usually only airs on ESPN broadcasts and typically isn't transcribed on the website.

However, I think that the idea of Miami and Arizona swapping picks has merit -- more than we know now. Dennis Green covets offense. Always has. Ronnie Brown is the kind of player who'd make him giddy. I don't believe that he excites Nick Saban as much. If Saban can get at least two Day 1 picks (this year or next) out of Arizona in addition to the #8, I believe that this trade will happen.

If it does, I would really expect that we could bank on Cadillac Williams being Miami's top pick. Here's why:

With the first pick, SF would take Aaron Rodgers. Sure, there's talk about Braylon Edwards but let's be realistic, a great WR is wasted with a lousy QB.

Arizona would be trading up for one of two players, Ronnie Brown or Alex Smith. As I can't see Green willing to give up on Josh McCown yet (he spent 5 years developing Brad Johnson), the choice to me would be Brown.

Cleveland will take whichever of the QBs that SF does not. Browns fans might disagree with me because they think there are other needs, but there really isn't another player near the top of this draft who has the upside that Smith does. He also has shown that he's proficient running an offense like Charlie Weis' (mostly short passes for easy completions where the onus is on the receiver to get the ball and make the play).

Chicago is a bit of a quandry. The popular choices are Braylon Edwards and Cedric Benson. I'm guessing that they take Benson because they want to go to a power running game to help take the pressure off that line's pass protection skills.

Tampa Bay takes Mike Williams. They've stated all along that they want him and Gruden's offense would flourish with him opposite Clayton.

Tennessee is a guess. At this point, most people have them taking a CB, either Rolle or Pac-Man Jones. To be honest, I think they'll take Rolle, he's bigger and he should match up better against the larger WRs in the AFC South (Andre Johnson and anyone on Jacksonville).

Minnesota ought to take the best WR on the board. At this point, that would be Braylon Edwards and, for only the second time in years, the Vikes would actually get their card into the commissioner's hands within the correct amount of time to select him.

This leaves the Cadillac available for Miami. It would also leave Pac-Man Jones, Derrick Johnson, and Shawne Merriman available as well. However, I think that given Saban's system and the emphasis on pass interference rules, Jones wouldn't draw enough interest. Johnson wouldn't be a fit for Saban's defense -- he lacks the bulk necessary to take on linemen. Merriman could be an legit option here, but I think Saban would prefer to have a RB who's capable or carrying the ball 18 times a game and who can also return punts.

Mind you this is all just speculation on my part. I'm not saying it will happen, just how it could happen if things work themselves out properly.
FF Member #1031
buttaonaroll

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt the san diego trade go through which would give them the number one pick and take edwrads off the board?
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankmoore wrote:
I think we'll be out of luck on the link, the Mort Report usually only airs on ESPN broadcasts and typically isn't transcribed on the website.

However, I think that the idea of Miami and Arizona swapping picks has merit -- more than we know now. Dennis Green covets offense. Always has. Ronnie Brown is the kind of player who'd make him giddy. I don't believe that he excites Nick Saban as much. If Saban can get at least two Day 1 picks (this year or next) out of Arizona in addition to the #8, I believe that this trade will happen.

If it does, I would really expect that we could bank on Cadillac Williams being Miami's top pick. Here's why:

With the first pick, SF would take Aaron Rodgers. Sure, there's talk about Braylon Edwards but let's be realistic, a great WR is wasted with a lousy QB.

Arizona would be trading up for one of two players, Ronnie Brown or Alex Smith. As I can't see Green willing to give up on Josh McCown yet (he spent 5 years developing Brad Johnson), the choice to me would be Brown.

Cleveland will take whichever of the QBs that SF does not. Browns fans might disagree with me because they think there are other needs, but there really isn't another player near the top of this draft who has the upside that Smith does. He also has shown that he's proficient running an offense like Charlie Weis' (mostly short passes for easy completions where the onus is on the receiver to get the ball and make the play).

Chicago is a bit of a quandry. The popular choices are Braylon Edwards and Cedric Benson. I'm guessing that they take Benson because they want to go to a power running game to help take the pressure off that line's pass protection skills.

Tampa Bay takes Mike Williams. They've stated all along that they want him and Gruden's offense would flourish with him opposite Clayton.

Tennessee is a guess. At this point, most people have them taking a CB, either Rolle or Pac-Man Jones. To be honest, I think they'll take Rolle, he's bigger and he should match up better against the larger WRs in the AFC South (Andre Johnson and anyone on Jacksonville).

Minnesota ought to take the best WR on the board. At this point, that would be Braylon Edwards and, for only the second time in years, the Vikes would actually get their card into the commissioner's hands within the correct amount of time to select him.

This leaves the Cadillac available for Miami. It would also leave Pac-Man Jones, Derrick Johnson, and Shawne Merriman available as well. However, I think that given Saban's system and the emphasis on pass interference rules, Jones wouldn't draw enough interest. Johnson wouldn't be a fit for Saban's defense -- he lacks the bulk necessary to take on linemen. Merriman could be an legit option here, but I think Saban would prefer to have a RB who's capable or carrying the ball 18 times a game and who can also return punts.

Mind you this is all just speculation on my part. I'm not saying it will happen, just how it could happen if things work themselves out properly.

I agree Frank, the rumor has some merit. While this has been well covered on the message boards, it bears repeating, Saban supposedly recruited hard for Cadillac to attend LSU. My biggest concern with Caddy, and I am high on him, is that he doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer. I know he got a low wonderlic, but on top of that, have you heard him speak. He has the vowels down but he swings and misses at a lot of the consonants. All kidding aside, he just doesn’t strike me as a really bright guy. He seems to LOVE the game and clearly excels at it, but I am starting to have my doubts. Anyway, the trade would be good for both teams and Miami would still have a solid shot at Benson, Caddy or Johnson. All guys that would be solid selections.
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about you guys, but here is my personal feeling. I understand Saban wants extra draft picks. But, if Ronnie Brown or Edwards or Smith or whoever blows Saban away, I say you take him, and move on. Next year you have all of your picks and you can seriously take advantage of them then. But you have to understand, which I know ALL of you do, that if you move down and pick a player you like as opposed to a player you love, just to pick up a 2nd, chances are, you arent making a great move...... Thoughts?
Griese2Clayton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My biggest concern with Caddy, and I am high on him, is that he doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer. I know he got a low wonderlic, but on top of that, have you heard him speak. He has the vowels down but he swings and misses at a lot of the consonants.

Low wonderlic? Let's review:

Eric Shelton 23
Ronnie Brown 23
Cadillac Williams 22
Cedric Benson 19
Ciatrick Fason 16
JJ Arrington 14
Vernand Morency 11
Frank Gore 6

What were you spewing about again?
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if it were me, I'd want frank Gore to run my entire Offense. I think he might be a head coach someday!
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frank gore has a learning disability ok read his story its amazing he went from special ed classes to a college player and student so get the facts before u make fun of a guy he almost didnt get into college but he got a private tutor to study for his entrance exam and not speaking well dose not mean your stupid and the wonderlic is a hard test i know

~ Lork
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griese2Clayton wrote:
Quote:
My biggest concern with Caddy, and I am high on him, is that he doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer. I know he got a low wonderlic, but on top of that, have you heard him speak. He has the vowels down but he swings and misses at a lot of the consonants.

Low wonderlic? Let's review:

Eric Shelton 23
Ronnie Brown 23
Cadillac Williams 22
Cedric Benson 19
Ciatrick Fason 16
JJ Arrington 14
Vernand Morency 11
Frank Gore 6

What were you spewing about again?

If those numbers are acurate, then Cadillac has done better than I had heard. However, a 22 doesnt exactly make him a bright dude.
If I am not mistaken there are 50 questions on that test. So cadillac got less than half correct.

A sample test is here: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

Not exactly rocket science. A 22 does not qualify him as smart, but it might make him average. If you've heard him speak, you'd probably understand my point. But point taken, he is perhaps average.
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronniebrown wrote:
frank gore has a learning disability ok read his story its amazing he went from special ed classes to a college player and student so get the facts before u make fun of a guy he almost didnt get into college but he got a private tutor to study for his entrance exam and not speaking well dose not mean your stupid and the wonderlic is a hard test i know

have you seen george bush latley if he can almost run a country ronnie caddilac and frank can play a sport they have been playing since they were kids

~ Lork

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: