Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Analyzing Possible Trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inkwell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, trading Gardner is addition by subtraction. Only reason I wouldnt do this trade is I think WIlliamson is a better pick than Williams. Williamson played on a team with an archaic offense. He has huge upside once he gets "coached up" and is in a system that lets him shine. WIlliams on the other hand played in the perfect situation. An all star team of a college squad with a top offensive mind calling the shots and a stud QB. One is a big play maker and the other is a possession guy with red zone skills. I know this view isnt shared but I would stay put and draft Williamson if you are narrowly focused on a WR
taylor #36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could still take Williamson if im understanding this trade right, because we would have both the fifth and the ninth pick. We could trade the five to someone like Minny by threatening to take Williams there and get their 20th and a late round draft pick. With the 20th we could take Fabain or whatever DE is still there.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Redskin fan's. I'm a Bears fan, and I was hoping you guys and/or gals could help me with something. I've heard rumors of you guys wanting to trade up to get one of the wide outs and might be interested in the #4 pick. Also, you guys aren't happy with Rod Gardner. A swap of the 4 and 9, Rod Gardner, (to the Bears) and your third round pick would I think satisfy both sides. Is this something you guys would like? And if you could, what does Gardner's contract look like?
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no possibility of the Redskins having the fifth and ninth overall picks. The trade up situation would include the ninth pick, thus the term trading upwards.

Trading into the fourth spot would be nice... giving up that third rounder seems like a tough thing to do though. I think they can still get a decent DE in the third round.
e16bball

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raymont - Gardner is in the last year of his contract, which is worth about 2 million this year. And I don't mind that trade up, but like S. Taylor says, we really would like to hang on to the 3rd rounder. It would be much preferable to give up the 4th rounder, and that is why I feel like the 5th pick may be more realistic as a target. Plus I can't imagine both Mike and Braylon will be gone by 5, so we don't really need to move all the way up to 4. If the Bucs refused to trade down, though, I would love to stick it to them and move in front to get Big Mike.

S. Taylor wrote:
Trading into the fourth spot would be nice... giving up that third rounder seems like a tough thing to do though. I think they can still get a decent DE in the third round.

I don't really like any of the DEs in the 3rd round area, is there one you particularly like? I think the top 8 or so will be gone, and Jovan Haye might just be gone as well. If Haye was there, he would be a nice pickup.

I think our best shot is with a CB in the 3rd. There are a lot of savvy, athletic CBs in that 3rd round mix, like Darrent Williams, Domonique Foxworth, Stanley Wilson, and even Ronald Bartell Jr. (although he is more athletic and much less savvy). Foxworth especially reminds me of Smoot; his cover skills aren't as good, and he doesn't have the motor mouth, but he is very athletic with good speed and strength (see the Kirwan article) and is also highly intelligent. With a bit of work he could be a perfect fit for G. Williams.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so are the skins really interested in trading up cuz i didnt hear much resently
e16bball

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueRedskin05 wrote:
so are the skins really interested in trading up cuz i didnt hear much resently

Its really hard to say. They have said nothing to make anyone believe they will trade up, its simply pure conjecture at this point. At this point, I think its highly likely they stay put or move down, but if the right situation arises, I bet they would move up.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as DE's, I think that Bill Swancutt will be available in the third round, but you did make a valid point. There's more depth in the draft at the cornerback position. If Ronald Bartell Jr. falls into the third round, he'd be a good addition. Someone mentioned the fact that the Redskins corner's don't need to be particularly spectacular, as the Redskins scheme doesn't call for it. I guess only time will tell what happens. There are only... what? Two more weeks before draft day? The Redskins ought to just draft Merriman, damnit. I'm tired of thinking of different scenario's. He's a monster. He is what they need at DE and he'll take a lot of pressure of the cornerbacks.
DaKingPin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins should either get Antrel Rolle cuz he is going to be as good as champ baily or chris mcaliister and if he is not available then mike williams followed by shawn merrimam if not they should trade down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: