You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2007 Off-Season, Free Agents, 2-Round Draft!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE TO DRAFT: With information by Matt Millen and Mike Martz it looks like Thomas will be the pick since they have stated they no longer want a QB.

Updates to Arziona's pick and others will be UPDATED!

Plus More Free Agents!
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: Order revised by Playoffs. Chicago has last pick in the 2nd, Indi in the first..I'll switch after the Super Bowl outcome.

See ya all..for now.
JudeMorrigan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Plus if Hovan continues to play horribly they need a DT..don't no why they gave up McFarland.

Because McFarland was a horrible and massively overpaid underachiever on our team. Our getting a second rounder for him was *fantastic* for us, and pretty darned good for Indy as well. And I wouldn't say that Hovan has been playing horribly. He does what we ask of him. Mind you, this isn't to say that I wouldn't like to see the team find a way to add another DT to the mix. If nothing else, we're very thin there and Wyms is as injury prone as McFarland.

It's hard to fault this mock too much with us getting Freeney and CJ, but if I had to, that would be its one fault. Our 2a pick seems a bit early to take Mebane, but it would be nice to fit a DT in there somewhere. (Dorsey would be AWESOME there if he were entering the draft. Pity he isn't.) Maybe the idea is that that's where we'd look in the third which would be ok.

Last edited by JudeMorrigan on Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's possible. Let me rephrase, Hovan came to tampa with higher expectations then what he's done. McFarland with Corey Simon could very dangerous next year in Indinapolis, I thought the same you did when we lost Corey Simon..however I regret our decision since, we've had to use 2 first round picks reloading our DT's.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update to Giants Pick and FA's..Check it out.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cardinals have nearly 35 million in cap room they WILL sign a top FA Guarenteed.

And if we trade down i like the value an extra 3rd will really help.

But the Pick There would be Jamaal Anderson. Levi Brown is not, never was or ever will be a top 10 pick. he is a 25-32 kind of guy.

This is a very weak OT class.

Anderson would bring instant pass rush and help our DB's alot.

Nelson is the pick if we get a top DE in FA (e.g Freeney, Smith)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arizona is no the rise..but they will not be picking defense in the 1st round..Adding Russ Grimm to there staff they will draft the top tackle available. They are not getting Joe Thomas, because Detroit will be. Yes they have free agent money but there isn't much out there for them to get, they nice young players on defense, they could use a OLB. Safety's they don't need unless Griffin is retiring.
jdjonesdrew32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: jaguars Reply with quote

if the Jaguars make those draft picks then their defense will be the best in the league!!
jerseygreen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the first pick for the eagles. rather have a corner in the second but i wouldnt mind leonard
jeffryred

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, this is the best mock I have seen. I do imagine the Saints going for a corner before Weddle, but I love Weddle and he is Payton's type of player. CB could be addressed in round 3, along with TE and DT. I also think the Saints have their eyes on a QB in round four or five. They probably want someone generally similar to Brees. Watch for John Beck, Drew Tate or Jared Zabransky to be chosen if they are available. The Saints have two fours and two fives at this moment. If they could trade Josh Bullocks for a starting DT or TE that would be great. The Pats have plenty of TE's and need a safety, whaddayathink???
Good job.
goblue69

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try another Mock.
This time, find a place for Leon Hall in rd. 1, and not totally left out of the 1st 2 rounds.
Navycrazy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Arizona is no the rise..but they will not be picking defense in the 1st round..Adding Russ Grimm to there staff they will draft the top tackle available. They are not getting Joe Thomas, because Detroit will be. Yes they have free agent money but there isn't much out there for them to get, they nice young players on defense, they could use a OLB. Safety's they don't need unless Griffin is retiring.

Griffith is gone. And he sucked in coverage anyway. So FS is a viable option. And they're is now way in hell that the Cards will sit on the third most available cap space in the entire NFL and not sign one free agent. Plus moving down from 5th to 9th is worth more than a third rounder. The Dolphins would have to give up their second for that to happen.

And what upside does Levi Brown have at #9 over Anderson? None what so ever. The Cards pass rush last season was almost non-existant and needs to be upgraded in a big way. Plus there will be an OT available at #37. Tony Ugoh or Joe Staley will be there.

Your Cards scenario is redicoulus
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could make a change now that I'm 100% sure Griffith isn't coming back.

Leon Hall is in my draft..I believe I'll have to check, however if he isn't he'll be in revis's spot and he'll be bumped down. Check back with that.

I like your Saints scenario.

Arizona's PICK WILL BE ADRESSED SHORTLY.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE TO MOCK:

Leon Hall to San Francisco

Jamal Anderson to Arizona Via Trade with Miami.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: