Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

THE #1 PICK IS:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pookie)2oww

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the niners should just go ahead and take aaron rodgers in the first round, then fill in any holes in the next rounds. Besides, most of the holes were caused by injuries, o-line and almost everyone on defense. Just take rodgers dammit!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pookie your right good call I want A-ROD too by the way who are those girls in your post and where can ifind one.
mermdawg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers. OL will be adressed in FA and we can find good ones in round 1 or round 7. Our WRs are young and I love BLLoyd. DB's are also very young and very deep. Carpetner has shown that he's starting material and we have Lewis, too. Heard is our only weakness their. As for CBs, Plummer, Rumph, Spencer (best pick by TD?), and Hanson are good. That's not to say that we take one (CB or FS) in the draft but taking Rolle would be pretty dumb, IMO.

DE is our most pressing need, and this draft is deep at RB and DL and we can get a guy like Shaun Cody in round 2 and JJ ARington in round 3 assuming that we will be shopping Barlow.

Remeber also that we have a ton of compesatroy picks for last year's FA losses, i think I read we'll have 12 picks. Taking Rodgers will not destroy our draft. Our QBs will/can NOT get the job done as they can be adequate backups and nothing more. Also, to the naysayers, size isn't everything. David Carr of HOU isn't that big and he's beginning to show why he was a #1 pick. Rodgers has the smarts, the physcial talent, plus he's a bay area guy.

Yorks, NOlan, and our next GM, please, PLEASE don't pass on this opportunity...TAKE AARON RODGERS!

John York does have some b-lls

Aaron Rodgers
frank3325

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really what the 49ers need. Trade down a few picks so that they can get antrell rolle. Next would be in the 2nd round to get stefan lafors. He's a great pickup in the 2nd round and could be a possible superstar. The next few picks should be on recievers and offensive linemen.
Mr. Brightside

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not want Rolle at all, the 5 yard contact rule has dminished a lot of the top corners in the NFL. I also don't see the point in taking on after taking one in the second last year, investing all that money in Plummer, and investing a first round pick in Rumph two years ago. With our first pick I want a QB, whoever Nolan, the GM and our O-coordinator choose whether it be Smith or Rodgers is okay with me. With our second round pick I want Shaun Cody to replace Carter or move inside to give BY more rst, and also to take over in a year or two, also taking Brodney Pool or Josh Bulloks to repalce Heard might be smart. In the third I want Antonio Perkins, he is really underestimated as a CB, and will provide us with a dangerous kick return game. In the fourth I want Larry Brackins, J.R. Russell or Sam Mayes.
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have Cody should he be there in the second or even Bing but O-line is a must if we get Rodgers or Smith with the #1 because there will be some quality tackles still on the board then go after JJ Arington or Darnell Bing who should still be around in the 3rd.
mermdawg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mr. Brightside"]I do not want Rolle at all, the 5 yard contact rule has dminished a lot of the top corners in the NFL. I also don't see the point in taking on after taking one in the second last year, investing all that money in Plummer, and investing a first round pick in Rumph two years ago. With our first pick I want a QB, whoever Nolan, the GM and our O-coordinator choose whether it be Smith or Rodgers is okay with me. With our second round pick I want Shaun Cody to replace Carter or move inside to give BY more rst, and also to take over in a year or two,

Great minds think alike. Over on the SF49ers.com MBs, I've been saying the same thing--QB 1st, preferably Rodgers, and then Shuan Cody. However, I'd like for us to look at JJ Arington in the 3rd if available.

John York does have some b-lls

Aaron Rodgers
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith! He has got the poise, the athletic abilities, the smart, the height, and the arm.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we want Rolle. First off CB is if one of our needs cauze we got Rumph,Plummer,Spencer,Williams and if they wanted a CB 2nd round would be better maybe like a Browner or Webster if he falls.

A Rod is clearly the best QB available. All the sudden I see Kiper putting Smith ahead. WHy? Utah toughest oppenent this year was Pit. Rodgers has proven himself. Kiper dont make his mind up anyways cauze when Leinart was still available Rodgers was still his best QB.

Now all the sudden people have read a few articles about Smith and think he is the next Great QB.

I would rather take Stefan Lefors in the 5th round than take Smith
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lefors can only throw when he is on the run as far as dropping back and making passes LeFors is horrible might as well take Timmy Chang. Rodgers is the man
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lefors is way better then Chang. Lefors is a winner played tough teams. Had a 1 loss season and is the quickest QB in this years draft. Of course I want A. Rodgers but is some how they don't want QB first round my next choice would be Lefors
Mr. Brightside

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a QB with our first pick, I do not care if that is Rodgers or Smith, but I do not want Lefors, I'd rather take Walters or Orlovsky over him.
Statistically, Rodgers and Smith are similar passing wise, rushing wise there is a disparity but Smith did operate in a Spread- option attack.

Player Att Comp Pct Yards TDs Int Att Yds Tds
Alex Smith- 317 214 67.5 2952 31 4 165 802 14
Aaron Rodgers- 316 206 66.1 2566 24 8 74 126 3

I know that Smith is smart, he graduated in two years, but Rodgers does go to Cal, not exactly a slacker school. Size wise there is a disparity between the two with Smith being 6'4" and Rodgers being 6'2." One argument against Smith is that he played against lesser competition, but the same thing was said about Roethlisburger, Culpepper, Pennington, and Byron Leftwich, all of them have turned out pretty well, or at least they look like they will, so I think that argument goes right out the window. There was some QB from BYU, named Steve Young who turned out okay, he didn't play against the best competition either. The question about Smith I have is why is his stock increasing right now? The bowl games have been over for two or three weeks, there have been no combine's, and he has not worked out for any teams, why have some people moved him ahead of Rodgers?
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he can attribute his rise to Mel Kipper jr everyone else' draft has had Rodgers the clear cut #1 until Kipper had placed him up there he may be good but I think after the Combine his stock will drop to 10 or 15
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper has the eyes for talent. There must be a reason why he thinks Smith is better than Rodgers. Mr. Brightside is right. You can't judge a quarterback on the competition he faced in college. Roeslisberger, Culpepper and Steve Young are great examples. I guess we will just have to wait for the Combine. That is where Kyle Boller raised his draft stocks. Hopefully Smith can do the same and show EVERYONE including the Niners how good he is.
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can all be happy that we didnt have last years #1 and get Eli. I know thats a huge bright spot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: