Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ramsey's future?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elkton_redskinsfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Ramsey's future? Reply with quote

With the possibility of Hesselback leaving. Do you guys think if ramsey doesn't have a really good season this year, that he will no longer a redskin by next season?
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ramsey will be our QB for his entire contract as long he keeps showing progress. He was playing pretty good at the end of last season. He'd have to do pretty bad for Gibbs to make another QB change IMO.
taylor #36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with sootedpair Ramsey will be our QB for as long as he will stay in Washington
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsey's contract only lasts through the 2006 season, so that means he has 2 seasons basically to prove himself. While I strongly believe he will be successful, Gibbs and Co. have some wiggle room if they don't believe he can do it.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be out future QB. Ramsey will be the QB that's leading the team into the Superbowl, one day. Once he gets a deep threat receiver and the Redskins D-Line is set... we'll be good. Adding a blocking TE will help Portis create more yards on the ground. A good receiving corp will take some pressure off both, Clinton Portis and Patrick Ramsey.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsey is our starter. If he turns out to be a bust, they still hold him until his contract is over. He has excellent potential and anytime he gets regularity behind the center he is a ggod, fundamental quarterback. He will have a great year this year. He needs one more target to throw to.
redskins4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I surely would like Ramsey to be the next great QB in Washington. I'm not looking forward to any QB changes soon. We just need to surround him with stars on offense, and he should be awesome for years to come.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Ramsey but I have to be honest that I would love to see us draft Adrian MacPhereson to compete for the number two job and push Ramsey as well.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt think McPherson will be available in the third round for the Redskins. His stock is really rising and he may possibly go the first day. He'd be a great addition though. The Redskins need a mobile quarterback or either beef up their O-Line at the guard position. I think McPherson is really going to be good though, and he's gonna help whatever team he goes to. I can only hope it's the Redskins.
e16bball

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McPherson is an incredible athlete, but I just don't see him being a great QB. He may make me eat my words, but I don't see him having the instincts and ability to read coverages necessary to succeed at a high level. He seems like he may be a Kordell Stewart type of player who is incredibly athletic and can get by on that to some extent, but will never take it to the next level. Maybe he would be an interesting sort of "Slash" player if he can catch. I'm much happier with our cannon-armed QB who is learning to be efficient, though. Wouldn't really mind a developmental guy in the later rounds, someone like Walter, Guidugli, or Orton (or of course my man Lang Campbell) but I just can't see us taking a QB that early.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: