Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you do this to get MW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Would you do this to get MW Reply with quote

The Eagles have traded away their 2 round pick the past two years to move up in the draft. Would you be willing to give up #31, 35, 63 to move up to #10 or 11 if MW was there. Not a hugh need for you but some one that will make your team more fun to watch.
eagles101

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i dont like big wr
wynalda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would not give up 31 and 35 for no1
JBlovethosebirds

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 "no i dont like big wr"

You don't like TO either ?
JBlovethosebirds

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an opinion which I found on MW and I agree with it.
Mike Williams, formerly of USC: Most everyone have this player in the top 10. I have even read one source that claims Williams is the best player in the entire draft. I just do not see it. Williams is very fluid and has excellent hands. He will make a good possession type receiver across the middle when working out of the slot. But if I am drafting in the top 10, I want a difference-maker that can go for the distance at WR. And Williams is not a TE, no matter the scheme. Numbers are not everything in football, but this guy runs a 4.6. That is good speed, for a linebacker! Does Williams have the type of quickness and hip flexibility needed to gain separation from NFL cornerbacks while having poor speed? Maybe, but that is an expensive gamble on a player that has not played competitively for over a year. Williams shuttle and cone times were unimpressive, so if he can move better than the norm in and out of breaks he has not displayed it yet. Plus, receivers without speed that rely on other methods for consistent separation tend to have short-lived careers at least in terms of production (see Antonio Freeman). Bottom line, I see Keyshawn Johnson with less speed. By Timothy J. Sabatke
eagles101

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to is big but hes got speed but mw is slow hes replays look like hes a tight end he'll only be a big play maker in the redzone
JBlovethosebirds

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok

Last edited by JBlovethosebirds on Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
bwojo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the eagles move up to get a WR i hope its Troy Williamson 6'1 203 runs the 40 in 4.38 he put up average numbers but he played in a run heavy offence in SO carolina other then Mathis this guy is the fastest WR in the draft. The eagles could get him with out breaking the bank, 31 and 63 should get them somwhere between 15 and 20 if he's still there that deal would be great
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the trade for MW but at least keep one of the 2nd rounders. The Eagles run a west-coast offense so they really don't need a speedy WR, just a wideout that is strong and quick enough to get off the line. As far as the speed issue, MW has game speed like TO (the 40 is way over-rated). I wouldn't mind them getting Braylon Edwards, Chris Henry or Mark Clayton either. Troy Williamson, I think is going to be a bust, he comes into the draft with no real impressive stats from college (stats alone he would go second day or not even being drafted). He does have potential but that's where we went wrong with fred-x. If they draft a WR, I say they do it right by getting a good player or don't do it all (if they draft wrong again they will get another Fred-x or Billy McMullen). I wouldn't mind them moving up a little either to get Heath Miller for insurance for LJ and Whalen (I think Lewis is done).
PrimeTime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wynalda wrote:

well 31 ad 35 dont even come close to what the #1 is worth according to the draft value chart. 31 and 35 combined=1150, while the #1 is worth 3000

bwojo wrote:
if the eagles move up to get a WR i hope its Troy Williamson 6'1 203 runs the 40 in 4.38 he put up average numbers but he played in a run heavy offence in SO carolina other then Mathis this guy is the fastest WR in the draft. The eagles could get him with out breaking the bank, 31 and 63 should get them somwhere between 15 and 20 if he's still there that deal would be great

the highest 31 and 63 will get you is the 19th maybe the 18th
wynalda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrimeTime wrote:
wynalda wrote:

well 31 ad 35 dont even come close to what the #1 is worth according to the draft value chart. 31 and 35 combined=1150, while the #1 is worth 3000

bwojo wrote:

the highest 31 and 63 will get you is the 19th maybe the 18th
exactly primetime the poster wanted our 63 too but i would not do even 31 and 35 for williams...and primetime do you really believe the draft value charts ?!!
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
exactly primetime the poster wanted our 63 too but i would not do even 31 and 35 for williams...and primetime do you really believe the draft value charts ?!!

are u insanse? if we could get Mike Williams for only the cost of those two picks i would declare to be a cowboys fan if we didnt trade for him. thats saying alot. the two picks wont get us much to begin with, only solid depth but a solid receiver like Mike will turn us into a more explosive offense then we already have.

unless Mike falls into the mid teens, the #31 and the #35 couldnt let us get him anyway. Mike will not go past Tampa at #5, mark my word
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why Philly needs to trade your first day picks to Cleveland for #3.

#FreeJoshGordon
Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: