You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

01/12/07 Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akintu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: 01/12/07 Draft Reply with quote

trade Matt Schaub to the Cleveland Browns for 2nd and 3rd round pick (this works because Russell and Quinn will be gone when they pick and honestly none of there current QB's are the answer.
Let Demo go to the Colts for their 1st as a RFA.

with Kipers new draft board here is how I could see the draft going.
1-10. Gaines Adams DE Clemson
1-30. Tony Ugoh OT Arkansas
2-3. Michael Bush RB Lousiville
2-10. Brandon Merriweather FS Miami
3-3. Ryan Harris OT Notre Dame
3-10. Earl Everett OLB Florida
4-10. Dallas Baker WR Florida
4-21. Tyler Palko QB Pittsburgh
5-10. Tra Battle S Georgia
6-10. Kurt Quarterman OG Louisville

fills all holes, pick up a good MLB and a solid CB and we're set, maybe Jordan Babineaux....

LEAVE COMMENTS, Let me know what you think...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AtlFan87

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Thanks on Adams we are not taking him. We will either trade up to get Calvin Johnson or stay put and Take either Nelson or Landry.
akintu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree if Gaines is there we HAVE TO take him, and just settle for a safety later, he grades out better than Nelson or Landry... don't reach when the BPA falls into your lap
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SSoSSlow99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough call. At first, I thought the same thing. The Falcons wouldn't take a DE at the 10th spot with the only DE need being depth behind Kerney and Abraham. However, with Abraham's injury history and Kerney nearing the end of his career, a DE like Adams falling to Atlanta at 10 would be hard to pass up.

Other than that, pretty good picks IMO. A few o-linemen, couple safeties and a new 2nd or 3rd QB. Pretty nice work.
AtlFan87

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said no way we pass on the chance of getting Calvin Johnson for Adams that would be insane.
ugadawg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope the Falcons don't get helmet slinger Brandon Meriweather in the 2nd round. If they want to take a late round flyer on him, fine but not in the 2nd round
Olympia Martin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously think we need to get the whole "we are getting Calvin Johnson idea" out of our heads. If you browse through each teams forum every team is like we will just trade this and draft Calvin Johnson. Calvin is going top 3. We would have to trade more than #10, and Matt Schaub to get into #2 from Detroit. I just don't think its realistic. We should start assuming we are not able to get him and assemble our draft board from there. Also, there is a decent chance we do keep Matt Schaub. I realize trading sounds interesting and is a lot of fun to speculate but we also need to be realistic.

We also need to assume John Abraham is going to play at most 12 out of 16 games. That means Paul Carrington or Chauncey Davis are starting 4 games next season. If you think you could live with the same situation we had last year, then draft a Safety like Nelson at #10. But Kerney probably gets resigned to like a 3 year deal. Gaines Adams in that situation would be too good to pass up. He is definitely rated higher than Nelson or Landry. Those 2 just fill a bigger need.

Last edited by Olympia Martin on Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
alabama_man7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympia Martin wrote:
I seriously think we need to get the whole "we are getting Calvin Johnson idea" out of our heads. If you browse through each teams forum every team is like we will just trade this and draft Calvin Johnson. Calvin is going to 3. We would have to trade more than #10, and Matt Schaub to get into #2 from Detroit. I just don't think its realistic. We should start assuming we are not able to get him and assemble our draft board from there. Also, there is a decent chance we do keep Matt Schaub. I realize trading sounds interesting and is a lot of fun to speculate but we also need to be realistic.

We also need to assume John Abraham is going to play at most 12 out of 16 games. That means Paul Carrington or Chauncey Davis are starting 4 games next season. If you think you could live with the same situation we had last year, then draft a Safety like Nelson at #10. But Kerney probably gets resigned to like a 3 year deal. Gaines Adams in that situation would be too good to pass up. He is definitely rated higher than Nelson or Landry. Those 2 just fill a bigger need.

I agree

ROLL TIDE!!!
phinupe1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: 1/12/07 Draft Reply with quote

Lot of good stuff fellas. I definitely can't live another year with Carrington and Davis starting for me... Which is why I let Kearny walk - he's not worth the price. Play Rod Coleman and Jonathan Babineaux as DE's in a 3-4 and let Abraham stand up and play a Shawn Merriman, Adalius Thomas, Willie McGinnist, DeMarcus Ware (Dallas) type position in a 3-4. Besides, if you watched Abraham, he stood up a lot this year and rushed the passer. It'll probably keep him healthier as well.

If you let Kearny walk, it'll free up cap space to sign a quality left tackle, and it'll also let you sign a back-up for Vick. I think Schaub will be traded and that'll mean additional draft picks. So, if all of this transpires we'll get a little younger and faster.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 1/12/07 Draft Reply with quote

phinupe1 wrote:
Lot of good stuff fellas. I definitely can't live another year with Carrington and Davis starting for me... Which is why I let Kearny walk - he's not worth the price. Play Rod Coleman and Jonathan Babineaux as DE's in a 3-4 and let Abraham stand up and play a Shawn Merriman, Adalius Thomas, Willie McGinnist, DeMarcus Ware (Dallas) type position in a 3-4. Besides, if you watched Abraham, he stood up a lot this year and rushed the passer. It'll probably keep him healthier as well.

If you let Kearny walk, it'll free up cap space to sign a quality left tackle, and it'll also let you sign a back-up for Vick. I think Schaub will be traded and that'll mean additional draft picks. So, if all of this transpires we'll get a little younger and faster.

WE DONT HAVE THE PERSONNEL FOR A 3-4!!!
vick#7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landry has been a constant force at LSU he the S we want. I love nelson but to me he present some of he same problems D hall has that he always wants to go for the big play not the smart one even though i am saying that Nelson can hit and would really help with deep coverage.
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I agree.

Nelson has looked stellar all year though, excluding the title game

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
akintu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson has yet to declare

Foster-A-Falcon: Roddy White
theatlfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akintu wrote:
Nelson has yet to declare

Nelson declared yesterday.
akintu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw that, still can you pass on Gaines Adams???? really

Foster-A-Falcon: Roddy White

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: