Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Randy Moss Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBunit4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: The Randy Moss Thread Reply with quote

So i was listening to the radio here in GB, and Chris Havel, the local sports writer for the Gazette reported the Packers "are in deep negotiations" for mr. moss....oh boy, let the discussion begin!!
jakestern

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just hope that we dont over "pay" for him... Bcuz the raiders need to get rid of him, they shouldnt demand that much in return

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got to be jorking.I dont what moss as a packer. where will that put driver and jennings??
IrishCheese

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. We could use Moss and he needs a change of scenery. I think he still has plenty of talent plus Favre may be more inclined to come back if it happens soon.
Adam21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon gustke wrote:
you got to be jorking.I dont what moss as a packer. where will that put driver and jennings??

It will help those two out. Opponents can't double DD anymore. Think of all the sets we could run out there as well. It would also help out Moss as well, as he doesn't have to do everything for the offense.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how reliable the source is but if it were true, I would soil my pants like no other. The St. Petersburg Times has reported that he can be had for a 3rd round pick. I can't see him playing the green and gold, but I'm sure I can definately adjust. I would be unbelieveably happy. With a decently competitive team, he'll be the Randy Moss of the past.
jakestern

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishCheese wrote:
Good. We could use Moss and he needs a change of scenery. I think he still has plenty of talent plus Favre may be more inclined to come back if it happens soon.

Driver #1 Moss #2 Jennings #3 and Koro #4 not bad at all....
he is still 1 of the most talented WR's in the league. i mean look at what he did with the Vikings, when all they had was culpepper and moss.

also, moss would fill the need for a "burner" at WR. and at KR/PR Koren Robinson is great.....

in FA we sign Rod Hood and Daniel Graham

Draft Landry, or if hes not there, then Nelson, then trade up in the second round and possibly draft Bush......

and we are a serious contender next year

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
I don't know how reliable the source is but if it were true, I would soil my pants like no other. The St. Petersburg Times has reported that he can be had for a 3rd round pick. I can't see him playing the green and gold, but I'm sure I can definately adjust. I would be unbelieveably happy. With a decently competitive team, he'll be the Randy Moss of the past.

No No and No Rashaan...

Hes a Cancer...His old ways will surface wasy to quickly. I dont want him in GB. Not a good mentor for the Young players either.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hes never had a mentor him self.... maybe he could learn some class from DD.....not only that but maybe he would try knowing that hes on a contending team.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jakestern is right.

I think we if we get moss, hes the 2 man behind driver, so then we dont have to get a reciever in the draft and get either Lynch or Laundry. Plus if all they want is a 3rd or 4 rounder....why not?
Down to Earth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Favre came back I'd be more open to it than if we were breaking in Rodgers. I don't know if Moss would have the patience to work with Rodgers, but I think it would be different for Favre. If it did happen, I'd hope Favre decides to play out his contract.
byzr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss hasn't been as bad in Oaktown as he was in Minny, i think he's getting older and maturing more and more. not gonna say he's model player though, he's typical playmaking WR.

however i think he would add so much to our offense that it'd be worth the risk. it'd free up Donald and give us that End Zone, middle of the field, end zone of the other team threat that we lack now... you can't argue that he's not one of the most dominant players in the game.... when he has the necessary supporting cast, a QB who can get the ball to him.

it'd be a huge risk and i'd love to see TT take it. especially for a 3rd round pick.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:

Chris Havel is actually one of the biggest Packer beat writers in Wisconsin. I didn't listen to the radio much today but 1250 am milwaukee usually has him on there every day. That would be pretty sweet to have him. I'd for sure get up to a Packer game next year. See Favre and Moss.
jakestern

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down to Earth wrote:
If Favre came back I'd be more open to it than if we were breaking in Rodgers. I don't know if Moss would have the patience to work with Rodgers, but I think it would be different for Favre. If it did happen, I'd hope Favre decides to play out his contract.

i was sort of assuming Favre was coming back, cuz if moss has to play with Rogers at QB, we all know Moss is going to be a total waste of money.....

if the Raiders are offering our 3rd for moss right now, i think TT should jump all over it and make it a deal before other teams start making better offers for him.

(post #100) Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has he done that was so horrible in Oakland? He trusted Turner enough to want to go there, said he would play his heart out for him, had an unbelievable first game against the Patriots, got injured, and still had an above average season for the Raiders. Then look who takes over for the Raiders. Art "No Offense" Shell. I would refuse to play for that team as well, and I would want to be traded from that team.

You all say that Greg Jennings will get decreased playing time. Should we really care that much? Is he really that great, or is he another Samkon Gado type player that we all think will be amazing just because he has a string of good games? Jennings was trained for all receiving positions. He will do fine in the slot.

Randy Moss fixes our offense, fixes our red zone woes, and fixes Brett's decision concerns. What are we going to get in the third round? Another guard? Another tackle? A receiver that will take three years to develope? A safety that won't start for two years if ever? Another linebacker that we all have a man crush on that won't start and might be a career back up? A quarterback?

What is the risk? A bad character? He is Jesus compared to Terrel Owens, and he doesn't drop passes. He is a kid compared to Terrel Owens, he is only 29. He is a Giant compared to Terrel Owens.

He is Randy Moss, the player that made us dread playing the Vikings. He is Randy Moss, the player that we loved to hate, and could possibly learn to hate to love.

Somebody please answer me this question:
When can a trade be announced?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147  Next
Page 1 of 147

Jump to: