You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Falcon's Trade
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremoney

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Falcon's Trade Reply with quote

Trade the #10 pick and Matt Schaub to to Oakland for the #1 pick and use it to select Calvin Johnson.

What do ya think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bbllstr22

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, are you crazy? Matt Schaub is too good just to move up 9 places.
jeremoney

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: No, I'm not crazy... Reply with quote

Schaub is riding the pine and we have too many needs to fill besides QB. BTW, he has not won a game yet and we could use his value to fill some holes on defense, the o-line, or receiver. I know most people think that Vick plays dangerous and that is why you need a quality backup, but so far he has not come off the bench to win any games for us.

You can't let value just sit around and not be utilized. It's like owning a Ferrari and if it has trouble you replace it with a BMW for one day. We can get by with a Hyndai for a day and maybe have a better defense!

Just one man's opinion...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it woudl be a great trade and a great pick.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a good pickup, but would the Raiders give up the #1 pick in the draft for Schaub? I dunno. I always thought that Al wanted a big arm at the QB position, which is something that Schaub lacks.
falcontmac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we would have to give up more then Schaub and our 10th pick. Maybe Schaub, 10th pick, and one of our 4th rounders.
SSoSSlow99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely be happy about it. Shaub wants out, to get out and show people what he has. That clearly isn't going to happen in Atlanta as long as Vick can crawl to the line. They need a good backup because of the way Vick plays and gets hurt, but you can find one elsewhere. Getting Johnson, someone that could possibly finally be a good receiver for the Falcons, would be too good to pass up.
bbllstr22

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But do we really want Shockly as our backup? We all know Vick is prone to injury.
SSoSSlow99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Probably not considering he'll only be a second year player. If Shaub leaves, the Falcons will definitely have to bring in another QB or 2 to battle with Shockley for that #2 spot. More than likely someone a little more seasoned would come in to see if the youngster could win out and prove himself as a realistic #2.
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbllstr22 wrote:
But do we really want Shockly as our backup? We all know Vick is prone to injury.
hell yes Evil or Very Mad

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
Redpuma09

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Raiders fan, and I am telling to sorry but this trade will never happen. Al Davis never trades down. He always trades up to get someone, but never down.

But Matt is a really good 2nd string QB for you guys. If i were you i would keep him because if Vick gets hurt then atleast you will be in good hands with a good QB. But if you trade him then Good Luck if Vick gets hurt. And as we all know Vick loves to get out of the pocket. Keep Matt guys.
Dirty Birds#1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re:Traing Schaub... Reply with quote

Does anyone think the Raiders would be crazy enough to accept a trade that would give them Schaub & a 2nd round pick this year and a 1st round pick in next years draft from the Falcons? If they did that,I have a feelin' that next years 1st round pick that the falcons have would be around 20-25. Becuase I believe, they would have a better record than this year.At least I hope so.
Slammin Bran 23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Oakland picks Russel, and Detroit picks Quinn, trade Shaub and later picks maybe to the Browns for the pick. Then we take Calvin and use the 10th on Reggie Nelson. Then Dunn for a pick and get Michael Bush.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ That trade will NEVER happen on the browns watch

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
alabama_man7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this draft is too important for the future of this team to just trade up for Calvin Johnson. We need to rebuild our line, and we are going to use our first round pick for that. If it takes more that Schuab, our 1st and maybe a second day pick to move up and get Calvin Johnson, then I dont want him. My favorite senarios now are Schuab for a 2nd and a 4th, and Schuab for a late first.

ROLL TIDE!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: