Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason Taylor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Jason Taylor Reply with quote

IMO we should trade jason taylor for a 1st round pick to someone like the chargers, cheifs, rams, jaguirs or even the cowboys. now dont get me wrong i like JT but he is getting older and another 1st round pick could help us with offensive line problems, if we get alex barron, jammal brown or khalif brown or LB like channing crowder, Demarcus Ware(who can play DE or LB and would be able to fill in for JT if we stay 4-3) or Kevin Burnett, but i digress. im not saying throw him away im saying get a 1st and 3rd/4th and build a young but good team through the draft and in a year where we have limited draft picks like we have this year it could prove to be very helpful. but im just one person and this is just one persons opinion

~ Lork
wrayce

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is probably the worst idea ever pretty much

maybe if wanddstat was here but no i dont think that dave was that dumb

My signature gallery
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrayce wrote:

its not that bad and we need young players in this franchise and he is getting on in football years 30 is pretty old in this game just sleep on it before you shoot me down that fast

~ Lork
aceyalone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats a good idea, but will a team be willing to give up a first rounder for Jason Taylor.. i mean they should because he is a perennial pro bowler.. but some teams might not want to give him the money he has in his contract.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phinfan76

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad idea football wise, but I think the team has to keep some of their few star players for marketing purposes. How many team jerseys with Feeley, Gordon, or Poole are going to sell. I would think that Taylor and Thomas would be fan favorites and make some good $$$ in apparel sales. I realize that has nothing to do with winning football games, but making money is just as important.

Hopefully in a few years Feeley will sell a lot of jerseys after he wins us a Super Bowl Wink
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't begin to tell you how bad of an idea this is.

First off, tell me who else you're planning on cutting with this move because the acceleration of Taylor's pro-rated bonuses (> $3.5M) will put Miami (currently $1M under) well over the salary cap?

Second, we all know that in Saban's NFL, no one is irreplaceable. But JT is about as close to that plateau as anyone on this roster is going to get. Saying goodbye to Jason Taylor would be similar to the Red Sox getting rid of Jason Varitek or the Yankees getting rid of Derek Jeter. The fan backlash would be harsh and would put Saban under the same microscope that Wannstedt was under for 4 1/2 years after he pushed Dan Marino into retirement. Somehow, I don't think that Saban (or anyone else, for that matter) would thrive under those circumstances.
FF Member #1031
BocaHighQB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrayce wrote:

No, if Wanndsdat was still here he would be giving away picks not trading FOR them.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, bad idea.....
FF Member #1000
DoLFaN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, that idea was horrible
alexdolphin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad, bad a idea, JT is one of few players that dolphins must retaiin in order to have succes as a team because is not only a perennial pro bowler is also a leader that will help to Saban to develop this team in a new direction to achieve our goal "TO CREATE A NEW DOLPHIN“S DYNASTY" Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: