You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan and Trestman... 2 headed monster

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surferoncrack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Ryan and Trestman... 2 headed monster Reply with quote

My answer? It is Two-fold. Rob Ryan for Head Coach and Mark Trestman as his Offensive Coordinator and Assistant Head Coach. These two men have what it takes to turn this team around, and they could do so quickly. However, not unless Al Davis is willing to part ways with the dead wood and the misfits on his Offense in particular, and on the team in general.

Make no mistake, I am calling upon the Oakland Raiders to make Rob Ryan Head Coach for the Oakland Raiders for the following reasons:

He will receive instant respect and credibility from the players and, not incidentally from the Raider Nation, as well. Somehow Ryan already has accomplished the impossible. He is a professional coach who engendered his players to never quit, to never lose focus, to never stop giving effort. His players were motivated men on a mission, they bailed enough water to keep that defense afloat long after the Offense hit the rocks.

Long after that offense gave up with every man for himself, there was Ryan defiantly going down with the ship and not one of his men gave up on him despite the circumstances. I saw enthusiasm and 100% from his guys in the face of absolutely meaningless and purposeless games. Rob Ryan has those intangibles that great leaders have. When the command goes out to fix bayonets, he is the type of leader whose men do so without hesitation; they run through walls for him. In the 2006 season, Ryan ran the highest-rated defenses in the league, which at times was an almost impossible feat to have accomplished when you take into account what the time of possession was in those games and how long that defense had to stay out on the gridiron.

I am also calling upon the Oakland Raiders to hire MARK TRESTMAN for Assistant Head Coach / Offensive Coordinator, with equal importance, for the following reasons:

In 2002, the Raiders' offense was a PINBALL MACHINE averaging approximately thirty-five points a game. It was the highest scoring in Raiders' history and Trestman was our Offensive Coordinator. Contrast that to the lowest scoring season in Raiders' history in 2006. If a future Trestman offense for some reason only generate half the 2002 points, it would still be double what we got this last season, and with our current defense, we would be talking approximately a 10 & 6 season.

for the sake of not plagarising.. here is the full link to this story and i concur........ http://www.raidernews.com/article.php?story=20070109053557886
pfassad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it went extremely well; I'm anticipating more interviews. I'm going for this job 100 percent. I'm solely focused on this job with the Oakland Raiders.

Steve Sarkisian

This is a quote from the same site that you provided the link for. The Sark spent all day with the Raiders yesterday. I don't know anything really about this guy, except that USC is pretty good. I'm all for Ryan and Trestman.....but I want it soon.
War Room Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"for the sake of not plagarising.. here is the full link to this story and i concur........"

That pretty much was palgarism, but thanks for the link...I also agree with much of what he wrote.

Most of me wants to keep Ryan at defense, though. That's his skill set and I would hate for the defense to lose his complete focus.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plagarism is making it sound like its my words. i just cut a clip and linked because i thought it was brilliant.

Trestman has a proven track record and IMHO a superior underappreciated track record.

Sark is young, excited to take the position and has worked under chow, trestman, carrol and WAS a quarterback so I can see this argument also.

Ryan... i totally see what your saying about losing out on his defensive prowess, but if we pass him over then we might lose him out all together.

Here is my wish:

Rob Ryan Head Coach
Rex Ryan GM (get rid of the piece of [inappropriate/removed] lombardi)
Mark Trestman offensive cordinator
Steve Sarkisian, Assistant coach and assistant offensive cordinator and qb coach......

now imagine this, the defensive genious of Rob and Rex's defense and Mark and Sark's offensive minds putting together game plans..... = Ladanian who
pfassad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we promote Ryan we would have to be able to get Rex from Baltimore to make it worth it. But if we can then Im all for it.....I can see what you are saying though, that if we hire one young coach, we will eventually lose the other young coach.....But THE Sark becoming an OC would still be a promotion for him. So promoting Ryan would enable us to get both of them, and keep them both longer than if we just make THE Sark HC.
War Room Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure do not want Ryan to leave next year if he has another outstanding defensive coaching season, so I hope Davis shows him some love with a lucrative extension and some form of promise stating "you're the man next in line...meanwhile we need an offensive minded HC..."

I would be happy Sark, Martz, or Trestman. Keeping Shoop at OC, the players have already said they love his style and approach.

Not too inerested in Dennis Green or Fassel.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surferoncrack wrote:
plagarism is making it sound like its my words. i just cut a clip and linked because i thought it was brilliant.

Trestman has a proven track record and IMHO a superior underappreciated track record.

Sark is young, excited to take the position and has worked under chow, trestman, carrol and WAS a quarterback so I can see this argument also.

Ryan... i totally see what your saying about losing out on his defensive prowess, but if we pass him over then we might lose him out all together.

Here is my wish:

Rob Ryan Head Coach
Rex Ryan GM (get rid of the piece of - lombardi)
Mark Trestman offensive cordinator
Steve Sarkisian, Assistant coach and assistant offensive cordinator and qb coach......

now imagine this, the defensive genious of Rob and Rex's defense and Mark and Sark's offensive minds putting together game plans..... = Ladanian who

that would be too cool. the ideal coaching staff of the raiders IMO. nice idea
surferoncrack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Keeping Shoop at OC, the players have already said they love his style and approach"

not to [inappropriate/removed] on your opinion but i do believe that they scored less points under shoop (average) than they did with walsh.

wipe the O side clean and bring in fresh blood.
War Room Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surferoncrack wrote:
"Keeping Shoop at OC, the players have already said they love his style and approach"

not to - on your opinion but i do believe that they scored less points under shoop (average) than they did with walsh.

In fairness to Shoop, he had Moss and Porter sidelined, Brooks and Walter still struggling, and the running game stymied by the horrendous O-line play that we all know of.

A complete over haul can be bad, if they have a grasp of the system it will be easier on the players than to completely start over with a new OC.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Room Slayer wrote:
surferoncrack wrote:

not to - on your opinion but i do believe that they scored less points under shoop (average) than they did with walsh.

In fairness to Shoop, he had Moss and Porter sidelined, Brooks and Walter still struggling, and the running game stymied by the horrendous O-line play that we all know of.

A complete over haul can be bad, if they have a grasp of the system it will be easier on the players than to completely start over with a new OC.

According to the Sac Bee: Raiders | Shoop not a candidate for coaching job

Jason Jones, of the Sacramento Bee, reports Oakland Raiders offensive coordinator John Shoop, once considered the front-runner for the team's head coaching vacancy, is not considered a candidate to replace Art Shell, according to a team source. "It doesn't make sense, any kind of sense," the source said. "It doesn't make logical sense, common sense or 50 cents." Shoop is expected to interview for the offensive coordinator job at North Carolina.

Thank God....Gannon for QB coach. Sark for OC. Rob Ryan for HC. Rex Ryan or Mike Singletary for DC.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: