You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans draft wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texansfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I'm not sure about that Dan Cody guy tho. We'll see how he tests and does at the combines.

Spears or Davis are the two guys that I want right now. In fact, if Spears' stock drops a bit, I would love to see them grab Davis and then trading up into the first and taking Spears.
texan0305

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: d Reply with quote

Ya i agree, so u think spears is going to be the first lineman taken? as far as a guy that'll play d line in the nfl goes, from everything i've read the guy can play, same with davis, based on if they pick anyone up in free agency is going to be interesting, if they fix some holes with free agency it'll be more clear as to how they'll aproach this draft, i love watchin rolle hey also in the late rounds what do u think about clarrett? even if u pick him up to trade him, maybe he's ready to play at the next level jus wanted to see what u thought about that
texansfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll all depend on how Spears tests. Some things I've read have him as a bit of a DE-DT tweener who might be too big to play outside and too small to play inside. While others believe he has the versatility to play either spot. Personally, I feel he would fit tremendously well into our 3-4, and if his stock drops I would love to see us grab Davis with our 13th pick and then trading back up and getting Spears if he slips to late first round. We may have to trade up into the 9th spot to get Davis tho, because I think Detroit is gonna take him.

Clarett would be a great pickup. Despite all the problems this guy has had, he has the potential to be a tremendous back. We have two picks in the 3rd round and I could see us investing one of those in this guy. The only problem is that Clarett has quite the attitude and has been putting on weight while not playing for the past year and a half. So, it's a gamble, but I think it'd be worth it. I'm not a huge fan of Domanick Davis, so Clarett may be worth the risk.
texan0305

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: late round sleepers Reply with quote

i sow somewhere in like a 7 round mock that the texans drafted frank gore, i liked the pick personally, how do you like travis johnson? i think in the few weeks to come your going to see some defensive lineman get shuffled into that top 15, like erasmus james, marcus spears, hawthorne, and travis johnson, i agree with you about double d (domanick davis) i'm not a huge fan of him i think a middle round back would be of some great help, it never hurts to have some competition
AustinNative

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Definite needs Reply with quote

There are definite needs on OL, DE, S, and even WR(Gaffney has his moments, better as a 3rd/slot receiver)

Barron is the only true badass OL prospect and he will probably be gone before 13 and the Texans go after OL in later rounds. If Barron is available, he will be the pick no doubt.

DE is stacked with some good prospects. Dan Cody, Erasmus James, Shaun Cody(who played DE earlier in college), Marcus Spears, David Pollack(best DE coming out imo). All of these guys will most likely be first rounders. Texans would probably be in line for the top 1 or 2 guys. This is their most likely pick. I'm hoping for one of the Cody's or Pollack.

Though I believe DE will be the pick, if Barron, Thomas Davis(Safety) or (I wish) Mike Williams are available, either one of these 3 will be picked before a DE.
texansfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have some good ideas, and I know that the texans need help on the O-line, but we can't afford to use a first rounder on that position. I'm not saying that we won't, because the texans like to go against my advice (namely taking Bennie Joppru instead of Jason Witten). I would love for us to grab Spears in the first and then take a guy like Nicholson or Shazor in the second to help us out at Strong Safety. Shazor would be ideal since we might even move him outside in the 3-4 on account of how big he is. But since we have two 3rd round picks, I could see us investing one of those in some O-line guys.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: