You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Troy Smith Who???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just_win_ty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Troy Smith Who??? Reply with quote

I hope everybody just saw the spanking Florida just gave to the Heisman winner Troy whats-his-name and the Ohio State Chokeyes, I mean Buckeyes. WHAT A BLOWOUT! Is it just me or did the Championship game look like a reply of the Sugar Bowl? Another overrated QB gets exposed by an elite defense. Can you say Deja Vu? Any of the Oakland Raider fans that actually had Troy Smith as a potential draft pick can officially scratch that name off the list. I hope I don't fall asleep on next years BCS game.

Last edited by just_win_ty on Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
servando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Is it me or Troy Smith looked just like JaMarcus Russell against that Florida D.... Unable to do anything......
just_win_ty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

servando wrote:
Hey, Is it me or Troy Smith looked just like JaMarcus Russell against that Florida D.... Unable to do anything......

Don't you mean he looked like Brady Quinn? Wrong QB buddy
servando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you mean he looked like Brady Quinn? Wrong QB buddy[/quote]

Oh no man.. you didn't see that game in Gainesville... JaMarcus lost that game with 3 horrible picks.... I don't even know why we should consider that guy.... LSU fan booed him at the start of the season.... He has no football knowledge and he will be exposed in the NFL.....I predict 15-20 picks in his first year
Totty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Troy Smith Who??? Reply with quote

just_win_ty wrote:
I hope everybody just saw the spanking Florida just gave to the Heisman winner Troy whats-his-name and the Ohio State Chokeyes, I mean Buckeyes. WHAT A BLOWOUT! Is it just me or did the Championship game look like a reply of the Sugar Bowl? Another overrated QB gets exposed by an elite defense. Can you say Deja Vu? Any of the Oakland Raider fans that actually had Troy Smith as a potential draft pick can officially scratch that name off the list. I hope I don't fall asleep on next years BCS game.

Hold up wait a minute let me put some Tottyisms in it.

First of all, the Ohio State Buckeyes, lost to a better team tonight. Their D was absolutely unreal. I don't think that Troy was exposed by anything other then him losing Ginn, and having those tackles not do anything for him. It looked like an Oakland game to be honest, except Ohio State scored 2 TD's. One offensive TD.

Secondly, do you not think that a 53 some odd day lay off has anything to do with it? I mean I know excuses are like buttholes...everyone has one, but really now, rust could have been a factor. And They simply were not ready for that D. Preperation my friend, I don't think anyone saw this bad of a beating coming.

Thirdly, one game does not define a QB. Look at Russell, everyone is riding that band wagon, he lost more games then Smith this year. But he is still on that top 3 pick level. Smith has won EVERY big game other then this one, and to be honest, it has a lot to do with their D missing tackles, and bad coverages is their secondarys, ect. It was a Team wil by Florida and a team Loss by OSU.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
just_win_ty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

servando wrote:

Oh no man.. you didn't see that game in Gainesville... JaMarcus lost that game with 3 horrible picks.... I don't even know why we should consider that guy.... LSU fan booed him at the start of the season.... He has no football knowledge and he will be exposed in the NFL.....I predict 15-20 picks in his first year[/quote]

Yeah your right, Russell didn't play good at all in that game, but the Championship game looked more like the Sugar Bowl to me. And concerning JaMarcus being exposed in the NFL, you show me one Hall of Fame QB that hasn't thrown 3 INTs in a game and I'll show you a liar. Tony Romo had 13 picks this year and he Pro Bowled. Nuff said.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

servando wrote:

Oh no man.. you didn't see that game in Gainesville... JaMarcus lost that game with 3 horrible picks.... I don't even know why we should consider that guy.... LSU fan booed him at the start of the season.... He has no football knowledge and he will be exposed in the NFL.....I predict 15-20 picks in his first year[/quote]

Nice!! Thanks for pointing that out and making these JRussell bandwagon fans eat their words. Laughing I am with you 100% on Russell. The guy is not what he is cracked up to be. He played a pedestrain Defense in the Sugar Bowl and everyone is ready to crown him the next great thing. No doubt he has a huge arm, but it takes more than that to be successful at the next level. Russell is going to have a huge HUGE learning curve if he goes PRO.... he will fall on his face early.... not what the Raiders need. If he comes out and Oakland MUST take a QB give me Brohm!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Troy Smith Who??? Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
just_win_ty wrote:

First of all, the Ohio State Buckeyes, lost to a better team tonight. Their D was absolutely unreal. I don't think that Troy was exposed by anything other then him losing Ginn, and having those tackles not do anything for him. It looked like an Oakland game to be honest, except Ohio State scored 2 TD's. One offensive TD.

Secondly, do you not think that a 53 some odd day lay off has anything to do with it? I mean I know excuses are like buttholes...everyone has one, but really now, rust could have been a factor. And They simply were not ready for that D. Preperation my friend, I don't think anyone saw this bad of a beating coming.

Thirdly, one game does not define a QB. Look at Russell, everyone is riding that band wagon, he lost more games then Smith this year. But he is still on that top 3 pick level. Smith has won EVERY big game other then this one, and to be honest, it has a lot to do with their D missing tackles, and bad coverages is their secondarys, ect. It was a Team wil by Florida and a team Loss by OSU.

All valid points, but its like you said, excuses are like buttholes and everybody has one (That was pretty funny by the way) I'll take Russell over Smith and Quinn any day and its not just because of one game. JaMarcus is a freak of nature at his position and his potential is scary. I've watched film of his high school highlights and followed his game althroughout college. His talent is second to none and when it all comes down to it, Al Davis isn't gonna pass up on the type of impact player he could be

Yung Ty
Totty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Troy Smith Who??? Reply with quote

just_win_ty wrote:
Totty wrote:
just_win_ty wrote:

All valid points, but its like you said, excuses are like buttholes and everybody has one (That was pretty funny by the way) I'll take Russell over Smith and Quinn any day and its not just because of one game. JaMarcus is a freak of nature at his position and his potential is scary. I've watched film of his high school highlights and followed his game althroughout college. His talent is second to none and when it all comes down to it, Al Davis isn't gonna pass up on the type of impact player he could be

Yung Ty

The thing is though, those three points do not make up for his bad game. Same as that bad game does not kill his draft stock. SHOULDN'T. I think this really works out because he is the QB I would rather have out of all of them. If you watched the game, and I am sure you did, then you would see, he never had time in the pocket. Very similar to us yes. However, he has shown in the past, not this game, but that he does have poise. On a regular basis he has shown it. Against Michigan, which to a true Ohio State fan as I am is the only real thing that matters. Against Texas earlier this year. Also, against Illinois which for some reason, has been the Buckeyes thron in the side for a while now. He will be fine at the next level, as long as he goes to a style of offense that can suit him the best. Something like the Jets O. Dink Dunk pass game with the occaisional deep ball. A RB that can catch will help him as well.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
martins3325

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

servando wrote:

Oh no man.. you didn't see that game in Gainesville... JaMarcus lost that game with 3 horrible picks.... I don't even know why we should consider that guy.... LSU fan booed him at the start of the season.... He has no football knowledge and he will be exposed in the NFL.....I predict 15-20 picks in his first year

I think its a silly arguement you make..that Russell play poorly against the team that won the National Championship..well duh..dont you think possibly they won the Championship because they have an outstanding team, and not because Russell played badly..Championship teams have a tendancy to make QBs look bad! lol..thats such a flawed assertion to me. Its when a guy plays bad EVERYTIME he plays in a big game or against a good team that is the red flag to me..and that is certainly not been true of Russell though has been pretty much true of Brady Quinn.

Last edited by martins3325 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
jmckinney_27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever Wrote
"Oh no man.. you didn't see that game in Gainesville... JaMarcus lost that game with 3 horrible picks.... I don't even know why we should consider that guy.... LSU fan booed him at the start of the season.... He has no football knowledge and he will be exposed in the NFL.....I predict 15-20 picks in his first year"

Peyton Mannings first two years
YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
1998 IND 16 326 575 56.7 3739 6.5 26 78 28 71.2
1999 IND 16 331 533 62.1 4135 7.8 26 80 15 90.7

Just because a QB throws a lot of picks his first year doesn't mean he is a bad QB, I don't expect him to be a Pro Bowl QB his rookie year.
philzy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Troy Smith Who??? Reply with quote

just_win_ty wrote:

"Troy whats-his-name" ... yea ok.. he has ONE ... ONE... ONE ... bad game and now "he stinks" ... you cant be serious..

and WOWWWWWW the "chokeyes" ??? are you kidding me .. do you even watch college football?? or are you just hangin on JR's penny sack??... i mean we can go all the way back to 2002 where they won the national title.. why didnt they choke then?? 2003 when they beat up kansas state in that bowl.. 2004 when they beat michigan when michigan was ranked 7th in the nation and ohio state wasnt even in the top 25 and they were clearly the better team??? 2005 whooping notre dame 34-20 in that bowl game.. why didnt they choke then?? then this year... im pretty sure they beat 2 number 2 teams ... and yes they did get beat up in the national title game.. but what do you do when ur line isnt blocking and your speed receiver that they use so much as a decoy get hurts after the first play in the game.. we allll knew florida's D was quick and that injury just made their job so easy covering ohio state's route guys who dont have alot of speed... so they could afford to blitz troy every down and play man to man.. not taking anything away from florida.. they were definately the better team tonight.. but get ur fax straight.. ur probably just a bitter michigan fan trying to down-talk the buckeyes...
philzy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yea... and the whole "exposed" thing.. im pretty sure Smith had 316 yrds and 4 TD's Vs. michigan who had one of the best defenses in the nation.. so ive come to the conclusion you ARE just a bitter michigan fan
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

servando wrote:
LSU fan booed him at the start of the season.

And that's where you lost all credibility. I was at the game and there weren't any boos directed towards Russell.

Nice try though.
RumblinRaider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People need to realize that we (the Raiders and Fans) are not going to win a super bowl in the next 3 years. Now realizing that you almost have to pick the player with the most upside after he's developed. Wich in case is JR. We desperetly need a QB to build around. He IS the QB with the most upside.

After that you trade off players for more draft picks and take care of your o-line through free agency.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: