You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Calvin Johnson in the Draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickdawg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Calvin Johnson in the Draft Reply with quote

Just saw it on ESPNEWS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2724240
cortes02

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people would have been surprised had he stayed in school. He is a rare, special player in my opinion. Whichever team drafts him will be very happy.

Sig By ReggieCamp
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Totty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart move. He will be special.

I hope we at least consider him.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.

Last edited by Totty on Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
UGA Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we get him, because in my opinon he is the best player in this draft. For right now not gonna buy into the whole "Calvin dont wanna play for the Raiders" ordeal and say this should be the guy the Raiders take. The way Porter/Moss acted last year, theres no room for that so move Porter for a 3rd/4th round pick to get a addition to our line then move Moss for hopefully a mid/late first or second and additional later pick. And with that first/second pick up a QB and groom him to be our QB, God knows he'll have a great young target to toss to in Calvin.

Well thats my opinion...
Juan00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidney Rice also declared. If Jarrett and Ginn declare it will be on the deepest drafts ever at WR. That's a good thing for Oakland.
RAIDERNATI0N

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan00 wrote:
Sidney Rice also declared. If Jarrett and Ginn declare it will be on the deepest drafts ever at WR. That's a good thing for Oakland.

Thats all not all good news! We still need to move J.P. & Moss!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that many of us really like Calvin Johnson (myself included) but can anyone point out some negatives about him?? He can't be perfect!! Does he have enough speed to play the WR position in the NFL?? Just playing devils advocate I guess.

Sig By ReggieCamp
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
UGA Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Size: 6-5, 235
Speed: 4.38-4.40
Processes: strength, leaping ability (45" vertical), body control and great hand-eye coordination

Sounds pretty perfect to me...
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cortes02 wrote:
I know that many of us really like Calvin Johnson (myself included) but can anyone point out some negatives about him?? He can't be perfect!! Does he have enough speed to play the WR position in the NFL?? Just playing devils advocate I guess.

From what Ive heard his speed isnt "Incredible", but I believe that he is a huge deep ball threat, just like Moss. If we have him and Randy lined up with Troy Smith under center, we will be a scary team.
Havoc500

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
cortes02 wrote:

From what Ive heard his speed isnt "Incredible", but I believe that he is a huge deep ball threat, just like Moss. If we have him and Randy lined up with Troy Smith under center, we will be a scary team.
That does sound pretty good, with one problem, we'd still need an O-Line. I say draft Calvin johnson first and then Troy Smith( If hes still there) and trade porter or Moss or both for O-line. If we trade both, we'd need to find another receiver, we could either stick Curry in there with Johnson cuz he really came along this past season, or pick up a F/A like Drew Bennet......I know Calvin Johnson dont wanna play in Oakland, but if we have someone like Troy Smith, i dont think he would complain....but who knows
JustWinBaby2006

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

physically he is perfect. whether or not that translates to success in the nfl is yet to bee seen but i think he will be a beast!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: