You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I want to see who everone thinks we pick in rounds 2 and 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjherrm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its almost too hard to tell what we should do until we see who we move with our current roster. If we keep Moss, Porter, and Curry on the roster I wouldn't want to see a WR drafted in the 2nd or 3rd. Who knows if Moss and Porter will get along with the new coach, if they do and want to play then why spend a high pick on WR when we all know that when Moss and Porter want to play they are really good.

Obviously we should look at an Olineman with one of these two picks whether or not you want to bring in more young Olinemen or not we need to finally get a lineman that can block for a long time for us. I personally would like to see a D lineman with one of these picks as well. Brayton is servicable but nothing great and could easily be replaced by a guy like Quentin Moses. Also Sapp is another year older and Kelly didn't really do anything this year for me that makes me think his job should be safe.

I don't like the lenoard idea this early because we need a lead blocking FB like Neal or Strong not a FB that is going to get carries like Allstot used to. It worked for TB with him and Dunn, but I don't see the same philosophy working with Lenoard and Jordan.
chadwickfab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres my Raiders Mock:

Randy Moss to Atlanta for 2-10,4-10
Jerry Porter to San Diego for 2-32

1-1: Jamarcus Russell QB LSU
Brady Quinn just isn't a fit for the raiders. Russell is a big physical runner, but is a complete passer. What an arm.
2-1: Dwayne Bowe WR LSU
They have a connection already. Bowe gives some reliable hands.
2-10: Joe Staley OT C. Michigan
Gallery isn't our guy. Staley is a big and athletic. He can replace Langston immediately and be a force.
2-32: Tim Crowder DE Texas
Burgesses is a star. The other side is lacking.
3-1: Kenneth Darby RB Alabama
Lamont is hurt and may not be a long term answer. This guy can play and has size. A real steal
4-1: James Durant LB Hampton
Has athletic ability to play anywhere and can help our already strong defense.
4-10: Ryne Robinson WR Miami OH
Could be the next Devin Hester. He is dangerous.
5-1: Mike Jones OG Iowa
Provides depth immediatley and could become the starting guard in the future.
6-1: Erick Wright CB UNLV
Provides depth a real nickel corner with his speed
7-1: Jay Alford DT Penn State
Sands will stay but Sapp is aging. Alford can provide depth and possibly develop into Sapp's replacement.
silverandblack6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your mock is pretty good. However, Dewayne Bowe has everything but reliable hands. He has been inconsistent catching the ball but I like his toughness and athleticism. I would like Gary Russell in stead of Darby but I cant argue. The OLine deff needs to be addressed on day one so I like that.
justwinbaby

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like Aaron Sears Tackle from Tennesse in the 2nd or 3rd round.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: