You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why not Troy Smith??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndnboy18

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all krenzal threw like my grandma. his decision making wasnt amazing, he lacked mobility and didnt have the arm strength scouts drooled about. guess what happened all he did was win. now if krenzel could win on a bad bears team two years ago, smith could win too. i mean smith makes great decisions and has mobility which is an asset that would help since the oline sucks. he has the lowest bust potential cuz he doesnt force throws and makes good reads. quinn and russell will either be major stars or interception machines cuz of their gun slinging mentality. well maybe more quinn then russell.

One time or another in your life you need to ask NYFF72 to make you a signature.
torquemonster24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In watching the 1st quarter, he's NOT a 1st day draft pick! Looks to be confused, slow, weak throwing arm and to small to play at the next level. I would pick him w/ one our extra 5th rounders, nothing earlier!!! Color me disapointed!!
.chosenone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if your watching the game, then you know why not Troy.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COULD just be two months of rust...

But I doubt it.
just_win_ty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Why not Troy Smith?? Reply with quote

bobby8 wrote:
With all this talk about which QB should be the number 1: Russell, Quinn, and a little bit of Brohm, how come nobody has made a serious argument for Smith???

He has that "it" factor that people question Russell might not have.
He has the durability that Brohm lacks.
And he's the anti-Quinn in terms of winning big games.

All he does is win. Arm strength is good with decent acuraccy. Mobolity is nice. Decision making is solid. Poise and leadership are outstanding. Other than he lacks ideal height, I can't really find a real problem with his game. I'm not saying we should take him with the #1 pick, but why isn't he even considered as being the #1 QB available??

I think GMs are gonna make a big mistake by passing on him based on height alone. Someone is gonna make the steal of the draft when they pick up Troy late first, early second. And I really hope its the Raiders.

What you guys think??

Did you see the BCS game? Nuff said.

Yung Ty
pfassad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the first pick of the sixth round, the Oakland Raiders select Troy Smith, Ohio State University........
offense

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Smith needs to be removed from out draft options especially for day 1 of our draft. He made Tui look like Joe Montana after that performance.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: