You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quinn will be a better pro QB than Russell
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be a better pro QB
Brady Quinn
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
JaMarcus Russell
81%
 81%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 16

Frankie2Gunz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Quinn will be a better pro QB than Russell Reply with quote

Brady Quinn will be a better pro QB than Russell. I dont care what happened in the bowl game ND was a far inferior team overall than LSU. Quinn was pressured all game long and had many dropped passes including the interception that hit his WR is the numbers. ND's D is so soft which allowed Russell to sit back and pick apart ND's weak secondary. In the NFL Russell will never have that kind of time. The Russell comaprisons to Culpepper seem quite accurate. That is not a good thing. He is a physical freak with a cannon their is no denying that, but i seriously question his decision makeing and his leadership qualities. He seem's too much like C Pep for my likeing, when pressured he makes horrible decisions with the ball and also strikes me as being about sharp as a marble. Quinn had a bad game against LSU but I am not buying too much into that, His team was outclassed and overmatched. Quinn seems like a much better pro prospect who will be ready to step in and help the Raiders now. He is a good decision maker, looks to have the makeup of a true leader and the ability to size up a D and call good audibles at the line. Those are all qualities that I dont beleave Russell has. To compare Russell to V Young is insane. They are not even in the same league. VY is a winner and the player i was hoping would slip to 7 last year so the Raiders could have drafted him. The days of the mad bomber are long gone, those type of Offensive game plans won game 30 years ago but today it is all about ball control and minimizing turnovers. That is where Quinn will outshine Russell in the NFL. You need a smart player at the QB poisition and that is Quinn not Russell. Has anyone ever seen Quinn or Russell interviewed???? I have and Quinn strikes me a much more well rounded, well spoken, smarter individual. Russell strikes me as a dolt from some of the interviews i have seen with him. Russells arm is freakishly strong, he just flicks his wrist and the ball flys out, but from what i have seen Quinn on the run is more accurate than Russell. I just hope the Raiders can look past just the physical and go for the more well rounded blend of physical talent and smarts. If they can then Quinn will be leading the Silver and Black, if not we will get another QB with a cannon and no brains. Those type of players never win superbowls because they crumble under pressure. Quinn didnt crumble under pressure his inferior team let him down. If you put Joe Montana on the Tampa Bay Bucks of the mid 80's he would be another average QB, because his team would have sucked. Just like Quinn his team sucked makeing him look average. ND has to be the most overrated team in college football... Quinn should be the pick no doubt about it.... I just want what is best for the Raiders and that is Quinn...
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinn had--surprisingly--a lot of time to throw and open receivers much of the game against LSU, and didn't get the job done at all.

I don't know who will be better between him and Russell, but he's done nothing--zero--to impress me. I'm not sold entirely on Russell, but I like his potential and athleticism more than Quinn's. Quinn looks like Eli Manning part two to me, and I'd pass on the sequel.
Young Legend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pressured all game long.. did you watch the game with your brady shades on.. he had tons of time to pass the ball and couldnt do anything with it. his passes were way to high for his wrs to catch.. he dosent make his team mates better..he cant beat a team that has a fast defense .. what hat makes you think he is gonna do any better against.. SD.KC.and the broncos? good decision maker? Brady threw passes that he had no business throwing.. JR has a better passing percentage then Troy smith and Quinn.. quinn had a bad game against LSU.USC.Michigan,and played horrible against UCLA and michigan St.
Raiders3SB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are wrong. Watch this. You think quinn can do this? Hell no.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4760501804729330481&q=jamarcus+russell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Watch this... Reply with quote

Watch this. You think they can put together a highlight reel for Russell like this one for Quinn??? I dont. Russell makes the occasional great play but Quinn does this consistently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJgmeEH1lrE
Raiders3SB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want to draft quinn? He does not even want to play for the raiders. He wants to be a Brown.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Watch this... Reply with quote

Frankie2Gunz wrote:
Watch this. You think they can put together a highlight reel for Russell like this one for Quinn??? I dont. Russell makes the occasional great play but Quinn does this consistently.

So he beat up on Penn State, Purdue, Michigan State, Georgia Tech, Stanford, Navy, Tennessee, a USC defense that wasn't very good last season, North Carolina, and Air Force, with one play against Michigan, Ohio State, and UCLA sprinkled in, and his receivers did good things with the ball after the catch and went up and got some of them.

I'm suppose to be impressed how, exactly?
Frankie2Gunz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Did you watch the pregame interview with Quinn???? Reply with quote

They showed him the Raider helmet and he said it looked good and his girlfrend thought he would look good in black. Then Detroit and said it looked good too. Then the Browns and said it looked real good??? That sounds like he is a browns fan but would be glad to play anywhere that drafts him. Not that he would only want to play for the Browns. He is no Eli and would be happy to be drafted #1 overall by Oakland or anyone else who is willing to draft him... If I was about to be drafted I would love to be drafted by my favroite team but would soon come to love another city that is willing to invest millions in me and be the savior of their franchise...
HiFi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't care where you play, then you say it. You don't drop hints that you want to play for a certain team or play games with your intent. If he doesn't care where he plays and wants to just win, he needs to say it and not be suggestive towards the Browns.
Raiders3SB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KCvJjJxrSFA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Watch this... Reply with quote

Frankie2Gunz wrote:

Believe me when I tell you, I am not QB expert. But just let me tell you what saw.

1) He does not lead his recievers. Consistanly leaving them out to dry.

2) A bunch of WR's who are making GREAT catches there. He does have his good passes yea, but if you looks, those clips are highlights mainly because of the catches. He just happened to get it around them and they have the balls to go get it.

3) His footwork sucks. He doesn't seem to move around very fluidly, and granted he is a QB, but with our line, he can have all the throwing motion/mechanics/accuracy/armstrenght, in the world, but you are going to look like Tui insted of Marino.

Advantage, Russell, Peterson, Johnson, Lynch.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Frankie2Gunz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Just like I said.... Reply with quote

Just like I said the occosional great play. Quinn's higlight reel is 7 min. the 2 you have shown me of Russell are 2 plays for about 30 seconds. Answer me this do you want the occosional great play or consistency???? I would want consistency. I can put some great 1 play videos on youtube of Aaron Brooks??? Does that mean he is good????
HiFi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie2Gunz wrote:
Just like I said the occosional great play. Quinn's higlight reel is 7 min. the 2 you have shown me of Russell are 2 plays for about 30 seconds. Answer me this do you want the occosional great play or consistency???? I would want consistency. I can put some great 1 play videos on youtube of Aaron Brooks??? Does that mean he is good????

Just because someone hasn't gone through and put them all together, doesn't mean Russell doesn't have some great clips. I just watched a series of LSU plays on the season and saw Russell make some very good throws when they showed him. One throw had my jaw on the floor. They're in here, but they're mixed in:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QLquKCLgPxQ&mode=related&search=
HiFi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders3SB wrote:
You must be a Domer fan. LOL BRADY QUINN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Let's not continually say things like "Brady Quinn sucks!" If you wish to have a reasonable discussion, explain what you don't like about him, but please don't post the same demeaning comment over and over.

Thanks.
Frankie2Gunz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: WOW Reply with quote

WOW thats a pretty deep statement. I love the scientific backing you used to prove your point. With well backed, well thought out points like the one you just made I hope your in the Raiders war room on draft day. They could sure use someone of such great knowledge and expertise as you. Ok after that statement i agree Quinn sucks LOL. You have totally convinced me Rolling Eyes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: