You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Smoot for Porter?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silverandblack6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Smoot for Porter? Reply with quote

Vikes might want to trade Fred Smoot for Jerry Porter. It just mentions it in the article but CB is deff not one of our big needs.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/columnists/charley_walters/16401992.htm
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you said, we don't really need another cornerback at the moment. I'd rather have a draft pick, if possible.
Havoc500

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Smoot for Porter? Reply with quote

silverandblack6 wrote:
Vikes might want to trade Fred Smoot for Jerry Porter. It just mentions it in the article but CB is deff not one of our big needs.
yea, we definitly dont need defense, but Smoot is a good player and this could possible end up like a three way trade, like the one Denver, Atlanta and Washington had this season. I wouldnt really want to give them porter, he is a dominant receiver and will play if shell isnt there. Id rather trade moss, but the vikes might not want him because he hasnt really been performing. Maybe we could trade them a Moss and a pick, they could trade smoot to Washington, and Washington could give us Cooley, doubt it would happen, but that would be sweet.
Young Legend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think smoot is over rated..but if they want to give up draft pick then im for that.
mhuff24

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this would be a stupid trade i dont understand why we would do this at all
Juan00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nien on Smoot for Porter and Oakland will be lucky if they could get at least a 4th for JP.
mhuff24

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we got a 5th rounder for doug gabriel we should be able to get at least a 3rd for porter
JustWinBaby2006

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

porter is worth a third.. i dont want a player for player trade involing porter. give me a draft pick
pfassad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats ridiculous....We're poised to have the best secondary in the league for the next 5 years....the last thing we need is Smoot....and corners are salary cap poison. Either Porter for a high 3rd. Or Porter for Schaub. Or what do you guys think about this....Porter and our 4th (maybe 3rd) for Larry Fitzgerald or Porter and one of our 5ths for Chris Henry?
Football Buff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfassad wrote:
Thats ridiculous....We're poised to have the best secondary in the league for the next 5 years....the last thing we need is Smoot....and corners are salary cap poison. Either Porter for a high 3rd. Or Porter for Schaub. Or what do you guys think about this....Porter and our 4th (maybe 3rd) for Larry Fitzgerald or Porter and one of our 5ths for Chris Henry?

LIKE THE CARDINALS OR BENGALS WOULD REALLY MAKE THAT TRADE
pfassad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Buff wrote:
pfassad wrote:

Nobody has ever said Porter wasnt a premier talent.....just that he and the Raiders hate each other. I think the Bengals would pull the trigger....Its not like Henry is a model citizen.....
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfassad wrote:
Football Buff wrote:
pfassad wrote:

Nobody has ever said Porter wasnt a premier talent.....just that he and the Raiders hate each other. I think the Bengals would pull the trigger....Its not like Henry is a model citizen.....

Henry holds more value than Porter, regardless of off the field issues. He's younger, more athletic, and has been more productive recently because Porter's attitude won't even let him see the field.
just_win_ty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfassad wrote:

What I want to know is where did all this talk about a possible trade for Larry Fitzgerald come from? I know the Cardinals aren't the dumbest team in the league to even feed into a crazy rumor like that, let alone trade their Pro Bowl WR for Jerry Porter and a 3rd or 4th Rd pick, that would be retarted.

I actually like the thought of trading Porter and a 5th for Chris Henry, but I know the Bengals won't be up for it.

I think the Smoot trade would be a waste. We finished the season with the 3rd ranked defense overall and the Porter trade should be used to produce offensive help, not defense.
pfassad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reckless and baseless wishful thinking on my part....armchair GMing....
martins3325

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to go against the grain and say im all for Porter for Smoot.
1) Any player that contributes is better than what we got out of Porter this year
2) You can NEVER have too many good DB's
3) Our Pass Ranking is somewhat inflated by the ease and frequency opponents ran on us.
4) I just dont like Porter..I didnt like Shell as a coach..but dammit he's a HOF'er, and was a huge part of the Raiders being what they once were and deserve at least more respect than Porter showed him on that count alone...good riddance to him...Gruden didnt like him much either if I recall.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: