You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This is what the Oakland Raiders WILL & WON'T do...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just_win_ty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: This is what the Oakland Raiders WILL & WON'T do... Reply with quote

The Oakland Raiders WILL...

-Keep Randy Moss for next season (When the Raiders take a QB of the future with the #1 pick, he'll definitely be interested enough to want to play for at least one more year and if the new head coach isn't a pushover like our last three, then he should be able to control him for a season, Especially if its Dennis Green)

-Trade Jerry Porter this year for a 3rd Rd Draft Pick (Porter's just wasting space and he'll definitely be gone after the draft)

-Take Jemarcus Russell with the #1 overall pick in this year's upcoming draft (Al Davis may be old school, but if anybody knows whats best for the Raiders, he does. And he'll make the right choice, trust me)

The Oakland Raiders WON'T...

-Trade down in the draft to Cleveland for their #3 pick and a 3rd Rd pick(If Al Davis knows what player he wants in the draft, he'll draft him, simple as that. And when was the last time a team traded out their #1 pick, really?)

-Trade Moss this season to Atlanta for Vick or to Jacksonville for Leftwich (They can't afford the cap penalties that would come with the trade of Moss. Plus, I don't think the Falcons are that stupid)

-Draft Adrian Peterson with the #1 overall pick in this years draft. Sorry, but its not gonna happen (What's good in having a potential superstar RB with no passing game?)

-Draft Brady Quinn (Draft him for what? If anyone has a legitimate reason, please feel free to inform me)

This post is strictly opinion based so don't take any of this personal.
Yung Ty
francis_doobie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with all except the trading jerry porter, with shell gone he can be a top reciever again
yuppy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

francis_doobie wrote:
i agree with all except the trading jerry porter, with shell gone he can be a top reciever again

shells fired.... please dont take a qb w/first pick. take ol for the first 2 rounds. then RB then QB.
Havoc500

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuppy wrote:
francis_doobie wrote:

shells fired.... please dont take a qb w/first pick. take ol for the first 2 rounds. then RB then QB.
I think Oakland Needs to take a Qb with the first pick and a RB with the next pick. As for Oline, trade for some veterans that have already played in the league and can get the younger guys on track.
Juan00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss will be traded, Oakland will be lucky if they could get a 4th for Porter, and if you're going to pimp a baller at the #1 overall then the very least you could do is do him justice by spelling his name, JaMarcus, correctly.

Quote:
-Draft Adrian Peterson with the #1 overall pick in this years draft. Sorry, but its not gonna happen (What's good in having a potential superstar RB with no passing game?)

Did I just read this correctly? A good to great running game it the bread and butter of every offense and the offensive line is the backbone of every offense.
War Room Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Al Davis doesn't know what he wants....yet Reply with quote

I guarantee he hasn't made up his mind, so trading the pick is still a possibility.

He has a lot of evaluating to do before settig his choice in stone.

With so many needs and several scenrios to fill them he has a lot of options to run through and decipher.

I agree our new coach finds a way to patch up the Moss mess, and hopeffully Moss has enough pride to try to make a huge comeback and show some integrity....and there is a possibility we keep Porter. With these two guys under contract, why go after Calvin?

Getting rid of both WILL NOT happen.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Davis doesn't know what he wants....yet Reply with quote

i like mcfadden out of all the rbs in the ncaa now. . . thatd be my pick.
yuppy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Davis doesn't know what he wants....yet Reply with quote

We need a TE too. i say 6-7th round we take scott chandler... go hawks. hawkeye TE's make great pros... theres more out there than just dallas clark
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Davis doesn't know what he wants....yet Reply with quote

War Room Slayer, animated sigs and avatars are not allowed. Please remove it when you read this. Thanks.

yuppy wrote:

For this draft, you mean? He's not eligible for the draft, if you mean this draft.
just_win_ty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Davis doesn't know what he wants....yet Reply with quote

War Room Slayer wrote:
I guarantee he hasn't made up his mind, so trading the pick is still a possibility.

He has a lot of evaluating to do before settig his choice in stone.

With so many needs and several scenrios to fill them he has a lot of options to run through and decipher.

I agree our new coach finds a way to patch up the Moss mess, and hopeffully Moss has enough pride to try to make a huge comeback and show some integrity....and there is a possibility we keep Porter. With these two guys under contract, why go after Calvin?

Getting rid of both WILL NOT happen.

Yeah the Raiders do have holes in more than one offensive position that need to be addressed in the draft and FA, but when was that last time a team traded down their #1 overall pick, really? If you can tell me then I'll stand corrected, but I just don't see it. Al Davis will have more than enough evidence he needs to make a decision on who he wants by the time the draft comes around.
just_win_ty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Davis doesn't know what he wants....yet Reply with quote

yuppy wrote:
We need a TE too. i say 6-7th round we take scott chandler... go hawks. hawkeye TE's make great pros... theres more out there than just dallas clark

Good point. I see the Raiders taking a TE on the second day of the draft. Probably 5th-7th Rd.
just_win_ty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Davis doesn't know what he wants....yet Reply with quote

yuppy wrote:

I think Mcfadden is the best RB in NCAA right now as well, and he'll be one of the Top 3 players taken... in the 08 draft, he's not eligible this year.
JustWinBaby2006

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what the Oakland Raiders WILL & WON'T do... Reply with quote

i dont agree with the peterson quote.. jamal lewis ran for 2000 yards when his team had no passing game, that arguement is flawed.
War Room Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Al Davis does not follow trends Reply with quote

If your argument is that no one has ever traded the #1 pick before, then my answer would be that AL Davis does not care what anyone has done before.

If he is not thrilled with what is available at the #1 spot and has his eye on someone else, ala Thomas, he will trade it without any concern or worry.
It's a tough pick to trade because of the value. Really, only the #2 or #3 pick could trade for it without giving up a ton of picks.

I want Russel, I hope he does, too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan00 wrote:
Moss will be traded, Oakland will be lucky if they could get a 4th for Porter, and if you're going to pimp a baller at the #1 overall then the very least you could do is do him justice by spelling his name, JaMarcus, correctly.

Quote:

Did I just read this correctly? A good to great running game it the bread and butter of every offense and the offensive line is the backbone of every offense.

The Raiders aren't gonna trade Moss and Porter in the same year, c'mon man, I don't see it happening. That would make us an even worst offense then we had this season and thats saying something. The only way I would've seen Moss traded is if we kept Art Shell and we all know he's gone so whoever the next coach is should be able to handle Moss for least another season. I agree with a 4th rd pick for Porter, he's not really worth anything more than that. I know a solid run game is the foundation to an effective passing game, but the Raiders already have two capable backs and they're not gonna pay LaMont Jordan that much money to share time with AP. If Jordan didn't get hurt this season and he put up the same numbers he did in 05, Adrian Peterson wouldn't even be a possibility right now. And sorry for spelling JaMarcus wrong, my bad.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: