You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random thoughts

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Random thoughts Reply with quote

A: I haven't really hear much talk about it, but never count out the possibility of Moss going to Washington. Dan Snyder loves big names, and he loves boneheaded moves. It makes perfect sense. Washington picks #6 in the draft which might be a bit high for what Moss' current value is, but then again with Snyder in the mix that just makes it even more likely that he would pull the trigger on such a deal.

B: The O-line is by far the biggest weakness, not the QB play.

C: I have yet to see a good offense with a bad line. It is extremely rare to see a bad offense with a good line.

D: Lamont Jordan had a terrible year. That does not mean he is a terrible player, that does not mean he is washed up, all it means is that he played behind a crappy offensive line. Did Shaun Alexander lose his skill over the past offseason? No, he lost his best lineman. Did Edge lose his skill when he signed with Ari? No, he played behind a crappy line. RB's are overrated, lines are not.

E: Leonard Davis should be picked up, he will help immensely.

F: If we get an improved line Eric Johnson would be an excellent fit. If our line is anything short of vastly improved it will be a waste since we would have to keep a TE in to block. I'd imagine he would probably be high on Oakland particularly if offseason moves inspire confidence.

G: Rob Ryan probably won't get hired as the HC, but he should definately get a huge raise. It's the one thing we have going for us, and coaches salaries don't count against the cap, so by all means pay the man top dollar. He's proven he's worth it.

H: Resigning Big Terd should be a top priority.

I: Langston Walker should never play another snap at anything besides guard, unless it's TE in goalline situations.

J: It's worth a shot to bring this guy into training camp. I wouldn't expect him to play a single down except on punts and field goals, where someone of his size can probably pose a threat. Actually he may make the D line in a hail mary situation, but the only reason I would give him a roster spot is if he showed in camp that he could be a force blocking kicks.

K: Trading down has worked out way more times than trading up has, and the best pro player is rarely the best college player.

L: I see no correlation between a good QB and a strongarmed QB. I do see a correlation between an accurate QB and a good QB.

M: Vertical passing games require much more offensive talent to work successfully than a horizontal one does. Since Oakland is basically starting from scratch offensively I would advocate going with a West Coast offense.

N: Al Davis should interview Dennis Green- but only to fulfill the minority candidate requirements of the NFL. I think he would make a lousy HC. OC I'm not entirely sure on, I guess it depends. Unfortunately he's a realistic threat to the HC job.

O: If Atlanta was willing to drop a 2nd round pick on Lelie they should be willing to drop one on Porter. If Oakland cannot get anything good for him I'd keep him around, a fresh start with a new OC and a new HC should help him get better stats next year, and his value should be way up.

P: Oakland did pretty good the last time they signed a FA backup QB from KC, it's worth reviewing some film to see if Huard can make it happen. I know it's not as sexy a pick as Schaubb, but then again he's not restricted.

Q: If I were Atlanta I would seriously consider shopping Vick to Oakland and try to get some receiving help.[/url]
mhuff24

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we traded moss to washington for the sixth pick i think i would shed tears of joy i would be so happy. i really dont htink that it would happen though.
Juan00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could get a middle first rounder for Moss I would be content. If we could get a 3rd for Porter I would be sound as a pound, but I expect a 4th.

I think Oakland has bigger needs at QB and at WR as opposed to RB (especially since I expect Moss and Porter to be traded), so if they draft Russell #1 overall then I would want Oakland to take a WR with the Moss pick. Ideally Jarrett, but Ginn would be a nice compliment to Curry as well if Jarret was already off the board.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: