Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins mock first 3 rounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Redskins mock first 3 rounds Reply with quote

Trade Rod Gardner for browns #67
Trade #9 for saints #16,#40,#193
With #16 take Troy Williamson
With #40 take Heath Miller hope he is still there
with #67 take Justin Tuck also hope he is still there
with our 3rd rounder take a CB ILB or something
taylor #36

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueRedskin05 Heath Miller will not be there, even with his injury he will not fall to the 40 spot. And how r you goin to take your info from RoyDrilliams? Also i think the redskins should trade down to take Fabian Washington
sootedpair

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a little off the subject, but I'm really starting to wonder if we're going to get a 1st day pick for Gardner.

I liked the players that you picked, I just don't think that Miller and Tuck will be there that late.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone is seriously considering a 3rd rounder unless gardner is willing to agree on a contract extension. Nobody wants to part with a 3rd rounder for a 1 year player.

I like th players you neamed too but we troy is like santana and you can really only have so many speedsters before getting a big red zone threat. I know heath miller fills that void but we wont get him at 40, he will most certainly be gone.

I love the idea of trading down once or even twice and still pick up Fabian Washington. His speed would be a godsend to Greg Williams. Imagine 4.25 speed blitzing the blind side???? I love the possibilities
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the Redskins are going to trade down unless both Antrel Rolle and Shawne Merriman are drafted in the top 8, which could very well happen. If they do trade down... Fabian Washington would be a great addition to the team.
inkwell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everyone here so high on Fabian Washington? I prefer Justin Miller, Carlos Rogers and probably Corey Webster and Marlin Jackson. Washington, with all his speed is lumped with Green, Browner, McFadden and Stanley Wilson due to his lack of strength, inability to tackle a sock puppet or stop Twiggy on a running play.
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no big Fabian Washington fan, but a lack of strength or power is really not something I would associate with him. If you ever read Pat Kirwan's breakdown of workout results in terms of power and explosiveness, you will find that Washington is second amongst CBs to only McFadden. He lifted 225 lbs. 18 times, which is fairly impressive for a corner. It happens to be 6 more than everyone's favorite S/OLB prospect Thomas Davis and actually only one less than the consensus #1 OT Alex Barron. Not saying he's as powerful as those guys, but just making a point.

He needs work on his technique, both tackling and coverage, but he is physically one of the best corners in the draft. I wouldn't take him, but someone will fairly early, and he might pan out very well.
taylor #36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very happy if the Redskins traded down and picked up a second round pick to get Fabain Washington, i dont think the Redskins need a new starting CB before the start of the season because we have Harris. So Washington could share time with Harris till he perfects his technique and replace him by the end the year.

Everyone's so high on him because his blazing 40 time and like E said he did 18 reps of 225, so anyone with that impressive of a work out is gonna get a lot of attention
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would love to see more is Derrick Johnson dropping to us, and the Chiefs moving up to get him. Of course, if they trade for Surtain, they likely won't have a 2nd round pick anymore, so that would kill this idea. However, if they do trade for Surtain we might be able to move behind them to the Saints and still get my number one target if we trade down, Carlos Rogers. We could then get our 2nd round pick back, probably to take Justin Tuck if he is still there. I'm really not in love with any of the WRs rated in the early 2nd round range. Of course this all hinges on DJ still being available when we pick, but I think he will be.
taylor #36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the chiefs will trade for surtain so i dont think they will have the second round pick, but i love the saints idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: