Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Corey Simon to the Ravens
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merged Pillow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Corey Simon to the Ravens Reply with quote

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3513870

deal is contigent on simon working out a deal with the ravens but it would land the eagles second and third-round draft picks over the next two years. so 2 more first day picks in total.
goose85

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K well then i think it may start to look obvious that we are moving up in the draft. Problem is now we have to replace him.
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good looking Merged. I could see them moving up to the top 3, maybe Browns or Miami's picks, to get WR (prob Edwards) or maybe even a RB (Brown or Caddy). They may then go for Pryce, since he is probably going to be released (can get him cheap). I would also like them get a 1st and 4th next year, but I'm sure AR explored his options.
SIERK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the wordage is a bit confusing.

I actually belive that it is a 2nd rounder this year and a 3rd rounder next year (or vice-versa). Either way, it would not be 4 picks total. At least, lower in the article it talks about the Eagles with 6 first day picks.

If it is the 2nd this year, that'd be #53. Not a bad place to be, but obviously not enough to get a stud.
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad deal all things considered but that really leaves them in a bit of a spot because of the lack of ready-to-play depth at Dt. THere's lots who will be ready in a year or two but not much for 05 which is why they seemed happy to stay witht he franchise contract. Even with COdy, James, etc. who would you have confidence in for the whole year (remember #5 is Grasmanis and #3 is malcontent Thomas). Even if Simon stays they were probably going to draft at least one DT how comfortable are you with 2 in the top 4?

If we offered to throw in Mitchell you think they'd move up to their 1st and a 4th? or atleast 2 2nds?
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they could get a little more for the trade, considering that their isn't many good DT out there (as there I mean FA and the draft). Simon is also a 2 time Pro Bowler. They should try to make this trade to move up in the draft or trade it for better picks with a team that needs a DT badly. The only drawback with Simon is he is a 4-3 DT not a 3-4 DT, which it seems every team in the league is switching to.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If we offered to throw in Mitchell you think they'd move up to their 1st and a 4th? or atleast 2 2nds?

i dont think so. ravens 1st round picks are like gold. i doubt newsome would give it up for a guy like Mitchell
TheFreak93

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats crap man u kno what,i kno u guys are all siked about gettin better draft picks for simon but thats bull #$%*.Simon is an awesome player and i dont kno how u can just blow it off like hes not good at all,ur not lookin at the fact of how good he really is,i say screw the draft trades if its riskin losin simon!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a good trade for the Eagles.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this trade the ravens 2nd and 3rd this year AND 2nd and 3rd next year or is it a 2nd and a 3rd between this year and next?(meaning a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year or vice versa). When i look at the article, it never comes out and says directly that it is a 2nd and 3rd this year and a 2nd and 3rd next year. This are quotes directly from the article:

Quote:
in exchange for second and third-round draft picks over the next two years.

Quote:
Philadelphia adds two first-day picks to their slate over the next two years.

^^^this makes me think that it is a 2nd and 3rd spread out over this year and next. like i said, the article never says it is a 2nd and 3rd this year and next.

am i correct that it is a 2nd and 3rd total and not 2 seconds and 2 thirds?
Merged Pillow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven5255 wrote:
is this trade the ravens 2nd and 3rd this year AND 2nd and 3rd next year or is it a 2nd and a 3rd between this year and next?(meaning a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year or vice versa). When i look at the article, it never comes out and says directly that it is a 2nd and 3rd this year and a 2nd and 3rd next year. This are quotes directly from the article:

Quote:
in exchange for second and third-round draft picks over the next two years.

Quote:
Philadelphia adds two first-day picks to their slate over the next two years.

^^^this makes me think that it is a 2nd and 3rd spread out over this year and next. like i said, the article never says it is a 2nd and 3rd this year and next.

am i correct that it is a 2nd and 3rd total and not 2 seconds and 2 thirds?

I'm pretty sure that if the deal goes threw the eagles get the Raven's third round pick this year and their second round pick next year. so two total picks over the next two years.

i don't think the eagles ever planned to resign Simon long term when we have up and coming guys like rayburn. He is one of the better DT's in the league but his production was down big time last year and the eagles defense did fine without him. If anything they need to improve against the run which simon is poor at anyways. look for them to use the 5.5 million they save towards extentions to Lewis and maybe Westbrook and to trade down in the draft atleast once and trade pick for next years draft as well.
Brickhouse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont get it guys, i want to see the eagles win the super bowl right now. If they trade away a great dt for two draft picks it would be foolish. I mean a proven player that can attack the passer is scarce right now. Lets keep are players instead of the chance of getting a player that may take 2-3 years to develop, lets when the super bowl next year, not in a few years.
goose85

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting rid of him opens up alot of money. So if you wanna win this year we can look at some other players. 2 rbs in Alexander and Edge become more of a possibility. Signing westbrook longterm becomes easier. If we deal picks for a 1st rounder next year with the monsters at DT coming out next year, i feel this trade could work.
JBlovethosebirds

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brickhouse says,
"" i dont get it guys, i want to see the eagles win the super bowl right now. If they trade away a great dt for two draft picks it would be foolish. I mean a proven player that can attack the passer is scarce right now. Lets keep are players instead of the chance of getting a player that may take 2-3 years to develop, lets when the super bowl next year, not in a few years.""

Well lets look at the record !
I hate to bring the facts in to chat but
Had his best year his rookie year with 9.5 sacks
Then when down hill !
So. It seems if we draft a new DT = he might do OK !!!
and not take 2 or 3 years to develop....................
With a 9+ sack season from the DT we might win the SB

Brickhouse better rethink your statement above,

C Simons record
..........sacks
2000---9.5
2001---7.5
2002---2.0
2003---7.5
2004---5.5
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel this is greatest time to trade Simon when he still has value. He is the Randy Moss of DT, but instead of taking plays off he takes off week. When he was playing to his potential he was in the opponents backfield the whole game, but other weeks I didn't even know he was out there. Unfortunately I don't think there is DT in the draft that can compare to him talent wise, but the money they will save with the trade can help them in other areas. I wouldn't mind seeing them drafting Patterson from USC, I think he would fit in best to the D-scheme (and most comparable to Simon).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: