Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

sullivan vs. travis johnson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saintsrule

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: sullivan vs. travis johnson Reply with quote

i think the lb's behind johnson and merriman are a reach at 16. we could get someone just as good at 40. rolle and pac man will be gone too. the 3rd corner is a reach too. i feel taking the 3rd lb or cb at 16 would be stupid because a player of equal value at one of those positions will be available at 40. so, if one of the top 2 tackles are available i think we might have to take one. but if they are gone as well. that leaves thomas davis and travis johnson. i wonder how sullivan would respond to us drafting travis johnson. would it push him to perform or would he puss out? then again thomas davis could be a sean taylor or ed reed type player, sorta like mike mckenzie and that would really make our db's a strength instead of a weakness. we could play dwight smith at corner at that point. that's where he wanted to play. bellamy and thomas davis at safety and mckenzie and smith at corners. we could kill receivers with that. anyway i still think the team that drafts matt jones is getting the steal of the draft where ever they pick him because he can be a backup qb and at least a #2 wr. plus the return man possibilities. that's 3 salaries in one player. plus he has the chance of becoming a randy moss or michael vick type player. he's as fast as they are, but bigger. has great hands. you can't go wrong. he's a great basketball player. tony gonzalez anyone? i mean any player who's compared to vick, moss, and gonzalez is incredible. i know the saints won't get him because he would take poor aaron's job. but anyway i just really hope that dallas doesn't get him. i hate them.
SaintsFan4LIfe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the Cowgirls as well.

Sullivan would probably punk out in that situation, but I guess you never know.

However, I think we should stay clear of Johnson, as he has only had one productive year in college. We need to stay away from underachievers imo.
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

run defense? we don't have any...and haven't done anything to fill our most glaring need. We need run stuffing LBs and DTs. Annaj Hawthorne or Luis Castillo in the 2nd round would be nice. i would love to see us be able to get a 2nd round pick for Darren Howard...in that case..we would have to target David Baas in the early 2nd round. This guy is going to be a stud...and would fit in nicely next to Bentley in the middle.

In the 1st round...I say that we take the BPA, besides DE please! if mike williams slips that far....we need to snag him. I think that we can fill a need at LB in the 3rd round. I would love to get Michael Boley, Robert McCune, or Barrett Ruud in the 3rd round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: