Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hail Chiefs Fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Hail Chiefs Fans Reply with quote

looks like we have some team specific boards now .. cool ! Smile

what a crazy season. lots of missed opportunity this year. Houston, Jacksonville, TB, and New Orleans really hurt this team.

The Houston game was rediculus .. I have season tickets and I can remember looking up at the scoreboard an thinking "how is the score this close". chiefs were just moving up and down the field that 1st half. the killer in that game .. Greens red zone interception that was returned 90+ yards for a TD. If we had scored there the score is 21-6 and the rout is on .. the Texans were playing so flat. That play changed the whole games momentum .. suddenly the Texans felt like they had a shot and they fought the rest of the way instead of rolling over.

Jacksonville was an exciting game but will be forever questioned for Vermiel trying the long FG on 4th and 1 around the 20 or so yard line. If we go for it there . .and most likely get it that game is over as we kneel the clock out . . instead we try the long FG .. Tynes misses (after already missing an XP_ earlier) and the Jags commence on what I like the call "The McCleon Drive". The Jags picked on McCleon 3 or 4 times that drive .. 2 on critical 3rd downs atleast that I remember, and went on to get the TD and win.

TB and NO are the fumble games. Kennison streaking down the field in Tampa and Morton in The Big Easy. Two teams that were close to death and ready to quit in those games and then the gift momentum comes to them and the games stay close. With this defense you just cannot give away scores !!

11-4 would be looking really good right now and would make this weekends game with SD very cool becuase it would have been for the division. Oh what could've been !!!!!
Mongo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you. We had a shot at beating NE too. The Houston game was pure torture. So was Tampa Bay.

There were great wins though too -- Indy, Atlanta, Denver, Baltimore.

All season long I felt they were in a funk and would eventually come out of it and be the team we all knew they could be. I wondered if I was delusional. Turns out I was right, it was just too late. I'm sure there are a few playoff teams glad we didn't get our crap together sooner.
98dodgert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. I just found this forum...Maybe a little late in the season. Rolling Eyes

It's good to see some people that have constructive things to say about the Chiefs other than "Oh they suck!" Which seems to be what I hear them most around here.

What the hell happened to Trent Green in the last game against SD??!?!!? 4 INTS! It kind of looked like we had given up on the season until the last 5 minutes. Oh well at least we went out fighting. Can't wait to see some picks for the defense this year.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup that last game was horrid. SD 2nd string whipped us ! the only plus to that loss is .. it bumped us from picking 18th in the 1st round to now picking 14th !! 4 spot move up ! at 14 .. we should have a shot at all the CB's except Antrelle Rolle. We might have an outside shot at Ahmad Brooks (linebacker). depending on what happens during FA period will determine heavily what happens here. I kind of agree with the consensus theory that after Rolle, all the other CB's are the same . . that being said . . if Brooks or even (no way) possibly Derrick Johnson was available .. I'd pick them .. otherwise I'd trade down to about 22 or so and get value there (Channing Crowder ? Carlos Rogers ? or one of the Sooner safeties) and try and pick up another 2nd or 3rd rnd pick
Mongo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, moving up was a plus, especially moving ahead of the Saints. I think they have similar needs as us.
mh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one thing that would help the Chiefs would be switching to 3-4. Siavii and Dalton play tackle, Sims/Hicks and Allen are ends, Barber, Fujita, Maz, and a draft pick or FA are LBs, get a good #1 CB and put Warfield as the #2, and I don't know what to do with the safeties. Get Pile more involved perhaps.
2TP3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mh wrote:
I think one thing that would help the Chiefs would be switching to 3-4. Siavii and Dalton play tackle, Sims/Hicks and Allen are ends, Barber, Fujita, Maz, and a draft pick or FA are LBs, get a good #1 CB and put Warfield as the #2, and I don't know what to do with the safeties. Get Pile more involved perhaps.

The 3-4 might help a little but it wont help much because Allen isnt big enough to play DE, the ends would probably be Sims and Hicks, and we dont want to waste a talent like Allen. We dont have enough talent at LB to fill out 4 positions. Maz I think if he comes back will be too slow, Fujita is a RFA and might not get resigned. IMO Eric Warfield should play nickleback until Woods leaves and then put him at FS. They should sign a CB and draft a CB in the first round and start McCleon which IMO is better than Warfield.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: