Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marshawn Lynch = Bad Character.....WRONG
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mize

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Marshawn Lynch = Bad Character.....WRONG Reply with quote

Dont let the Ricky Williams-esqe dreds fool you, or the Chad Johnson-esqe gold grill fool you. Marshawn Lynch is a good guy. I keep hearing, good player w/ awful character. Why are people coming to this conclusion ?? It's his image. When he was shot at after leaving his high-school graduation...it was a case of mistaken identity. He hasnt gotten into any off-field altercations. He hasnt been busted for drugs. He hasnt been busted for performance enhancing drugs. Lynch lets his production speak for itself. Lynch has a good-natured and humble personality.

1. Here is a link to a SportsNation interview that have questions from various fans across the countery that highlights Lynch's personality and accolades. He isnt as bad as you guys make him out to be. >> http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=12605
Here are some highlights that show this:

-
Code:
Ricard San Francisco CA: You worked so hard in the off-season. What are your expectation for yourself this upcoming season.

[b] Marshawn Lynch[/b]: To be the best team player I can be and help my team to reach our goal.

-
Code:
AH ( New York): Will we see any Marshawn billboards in Times Square this year (ala Joey Harrington)?

[b]Marshawn Lynch[/b]: I don't know about that. That would be a blessing to get one though.

-
Code:
Chrismeana, San Francisco: Hi Marshawn. I hear you're a mamma's boy. What is your mom like? How has she made you a better person and athlete?

[b]Marshawn Lynch[/b]: Chrismeana, you know what my mom means to me!

-
Code:
Adam D: Berkeley, CA: Marshawn, please tell me that we are going to kill USC this year.

[b]Marshawn Lynch[/b]: USC is very good team. Hopefully we can put them away when gametime comes.

2. Here is a short SportingNews interview with Marshawn. >>http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=118569 This interview reflects some of his football knowledge and his down-to-earth side.

My favorite snip-its form the interview:
-
Code:
What's your favorite NFL team?

[b]Lynch[/b]: If you're from Oakland, you gotta be a Raiders fan.

Ever been in the Black Hole?

[b]Lynch[/b]: I said I'm a Raiders fan. I'm not crazy.

-
Code:
Describe your perfect day off.

[b]Lynch[/b]: Chilling at the house, all sticks -- playing Madden or the college game.

3. Here is a clip from ESPN2's Cold Pizza's segment on Heisman Hopefulls. During his segment, he could be described humble and well-spoken (except for his many ''uh's''). Lynch seems to remain deeply appreciative to his team and his hometown. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbOmiOvte4 (It is rather long, 8+ min.)

4. For those of you who think Marshawn Lynch is dumb. Some interviews he seems 'slow' but that is becuase he is very nervous and doesnt love the limelight, unlike nuisances like TO who love to be the center of attention. Lynch wants to be recognized for what he does on the field, and as you can see he is doing pretty good off the field. I found these from a "San Francisco Chronicle" article. Heres a link>> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/08/28/SPG7IEE00O28.DTL

Quote:
He's most pleased with his academic progress, coming from a high school background where, in his words, "there wasn't a lot of stress."

"But being at the No. 1 public institution in the world and to get a 3.0, I was real happy with myself," he said.

Gould said Lynch attends tutoring sessions and stays on top of his classes -- usually completing papers well before they're due.

"He's a very, very bright kid," Gould said. "And he's a good kid. He works hard."

So, dont come to hasty generalizations with Marshawn. His image is less than stellar, but the real Marshawn isnt the cocky thug you think he is. Being raised in a rough part of Oakland is tough, but he is one of the lucky ones who got out and is making something of his life. He is a down to earth, humble, amazing athlete. Who should be drafted by the Packers, and would be a future franchise back for the Pack. I thought I'd share this with yall considering I keep hearing how much everyone is down on this guy. I just wanted to shine a different light on the guy I wish the Packers would draft. I know this is VERY long post, but I am sick of the character-bashing on Lynch. Feedback is welcomed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you posted this. I agree that everything I've heard is he is a good guy, from a good family. I have never heard a negative report about his character. Those who post otherwise don't know what they are talking about.

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Polaris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting this.

People say things on the Internet and then they get a life of their own. I kept hearing this "Marshawn Lynch is a bad guy" but I wasn't really certain what was behind it.

I don't want bad guys on my team because I think that guys like Randy Moss or Terrell Owens are guys that you can't win with despite their talent. It's a team game, and bad guys diminish your team in the locker room and on the practice field. They're bad for chemistry, they're bad for team unity.

But I don't see anything in Lynch's history so far that suggests he's that guy. He may not be perfect....he may be a little more "street" than some people like.....but I'd hardly call him a bad guy.
msmre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very good information.

I would like to echo that getting a 3.0 at Berkley impresses me greatly. His major is Social Justice as well. Another sign the there is more to him than the Grill.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, I believe that video is the interview I had posted a few months ago - and I couldn't find it again. I needed it earlier in the week, because he seems to get a bad rap for how he looks...when he seems like a perfectly nice and humble guy.

LeGarrette Blount wrote:
Aaron Rodgers...makes me feel incredible.

Uncle Buck wrote:
Barbara Streisand - Can't go into it on this site.
Down to Earth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be pretty happy with Lynch at 16. My only concern, and its out of our hands, is if Lynch is sitting there in the 13-15 pick range is a team like New York or Denver sitting at 20 & 21 trading up to get him. Denver, especially showed last year they are not afraid to trade up to get their guy.
pollino14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post, I am a huge Lynch fan. If he is there we better take him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post. All these people talking about Lynch being a "bad person" probably just heard one person say that and know they assume he is a "bad person." I would love to have Lynch on our team. He's tough and he knows how to run the ball.
Barnett56

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is just an interview, so he can say whatever he wants, but I'm starting to think my informant might be wrong. He says he's been to a lot of his games and he just seems standoffish and rude a lot. I don't know, maybe he is, maybe he isn't.
msmre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
It is just an interview, so he can say whatever he wants, but I'm starting to think my informant might be wrong. He says he's been to a lot of his games and he just seems standoffish and rude a lot. I don't know, maybe he is, maybe he isn't.

Many fans think that if a player does not pay attention to the fans that they are standoffish and rude.

When I played, I could have cared less about the fans. I loved to play the game for the sake of the game and my team.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mize.. just wanted to thank you mate for your post re Lynch.. in a earlier post i was all for TT to get him in the draft and i must admit i started to cool on the idea when i heard alot of us starting to bag him.. goin on what you have found on the lad im even more for gettin him when we pick @ #16..

its a bit off topic however im not for getting a WR with our round 1 pick unless its CJ and h*ll will freeze over before he ever dropped down to mid first round.. as you said Mize he will be a franchise back and ide love nothing more then to see the lad in green and gold.. hes a 1000+ yrd runner a season and hes good enough to start..

im just thinkin Green Lynch and Morency as our 3 backs next year spliting time gosh i like those 3 alot and Miree blocking for them.. having a solid running game will open up the pass for us anyway.. ill say it again.. if Lynch is there @ 16 we gotta take the lad..
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Lynch will be there at 16. I would love to pick him up though.
Mize

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:

I think we have a really good shot at getting him. Out of Oakland, Detriot, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Washington, Minnesota, Houston, Miami, Atlanta San Francisco, Buffalo, St. Louis, Carolina, and Pittsburg. The only one of those teams with a real RB need is...Houston

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mize wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

I think we have a really good shot at getting him. Out of Oakland, Detriot, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Washington, Minnesota, Houston, Miami, Atlanta San Francisco, Buffalo, St. Louis, Carolina, and Pittsburg. The only one of those teams with a real RB need is...Houston

Oakland might take Adrian Peterson, Detroit might take a RB because Kevin Jones' injury is very serious, Cleveland is definately taking a runningback if either of them is available, Houston might take a runningback this time around... that's four teams that might take a runningback.
Down to Earth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mize wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

True, Houston is probably the only team ahead of us, but as I mentioned in a earlier post the New York Giants and Denver are only sitting a handful of spots below us and I think would definately look to move up ahead of us to try and grab him.

With Tiki gone, I can see the Giants making a move up to pair Lynch with Jacobs in their backfield.

In Denver, I think Tatum's fumbles will have him out of Denver and you can't tell me Mike Bell or Cedric Cobb is the answer there. Denver traded up last year to get Cutler. If Lynch is sitting there in at 13 or 14 it would not surprise me to see Denver move up to pick him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: