You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should be our Head Coach?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Coach?
Art Shell
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Jim Tressel - Ohio State
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Jim Mora
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Chris Petersen - Boise State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dennis Green
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Ron Rivera - Bears D Coordinator
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rob Ryan
28%
 28%  [ 16 ]
Pete Carroll - USC
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Jeff Tedford - Cal
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rex Ryan - Ravens D Coordinator
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Tom Moore - Colts O Coordinator
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Mike Martz - Lions O Coordinator
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Bobby Petrino - Louisville
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Mike Singletary - 49ers Defense
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Wade Phillips - SD Defense
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 57

javierfm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Coach Poll Reply with quote

I think Cam Cameron, Charger`s OC , should be on the poll.
silverandblack6

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of these names are highly unlikely but I would like Petrino or Bob Ryan.
martins3325

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Coach Poll Reply with quote

javierfm wrote:
I think Cam Cameron, Charger`s OC , should be on the poll.

Sorry cant add to the poll after posting it..doesnt really seem to be a concensus anyway..not too sure Cam would get a ton of votes. I voted for Tressell --cuz the guys a stone cold winner--..but think Chris Petersen of Boise State is probably the best "offensive whiz" of the group.
Spectre

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't promote Rob Ryan, he might not be around next year.
bhalderson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiFi wrote:
I voted for Pete Carroll, but in my heart, I know he's a great college coach, but maybe not a great NFL coach waiting to happen.

I just really don't know at this point.

Pete Carroll already coached in the NFL with the Patriots, he wasn't very good.
Lord Shiva

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Rob Ryan. He's done an excellent job with our defense and the players like him. He deserves a shot at HC. Look at the guy, his whole look just screams Raiders.

Among the other candidates I personally strike any college coach off the list because they never seem to be able to translate college success to NFL success.
El Bigotes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davis was supossed to meet with Marc Trestman, former Raiders OC under Chucky yesterday, I guess it could mean that he´s leaning towards giving the HC to Ryan, who´s a players coach, the kind Davis likes, and maybe trying to bring back the type of Offense we had previous imploding with Trestman as OC. If that´s the case, Im all for it.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/football/nfl/oakland_raiders/16389808.htm
bobby8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see us get an NFL coach not a college guy. Recently they haven't turned out so well. So I went with Rob Ryan, with the hopes he's able to lure a top shelf Offensive mind like Martz, Chow, Whizenhunt, etc.
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhalderson wrote:
HiFi wrote:
I voted for Pete Carroll, but in my heart, I know he's a great college coach, but maybe not a great NFL coach waiting to happen.

I just really don't know at this point.

Pete Carroll already coached in the NFL with the Patriots, he wasn't very good.

I know that. C'mon, I'm a huge USC fan! Wink He also coached a season for the Jets.

My point was that Carroll probably isn't going to be a great coach, if he comes back to the NFL. He's not a great coach in waiting because he showed before that he wasn't anything special at the NFL level.

He's suited for the college game.
Totty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Bigotes wrote:
Davis was supossed to meet with Marc Trestman, former Raiders OC under Chucky yesterday, I guess it could mean that he´s leaning towards giving the HC to Ryan, who´s a players coach, the kind Davis likes, and maybe trying to bring back the type of Offense we had previous imploding with Trestman as OC. If that´s the case, Im all for it.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/football/nfl/oakland_raiders/16389808.htm

My fear is that if Ryan doesn't turn it around fully in year 1, we will be doing this again next year. Not that I don't think that he can turn it around, but, it is going to be a process for any coach we get. My thing is, if we do go 5-11 I would be happy. Anything is an imporvement, but Al Davis has to see it that way.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
javierfm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Fire Art Shell...Check, Now? Reply with quote

Thank you! Al Davis, you just don`t hand a team to a guy who`s been off the field for more than a Decade!! period! Sorry, had to take that out of my system. Now, what`s next. My hat goes off to Ryan for what he`s done with our D, even with our Turnover stats!! But, why fix something if it ain`t broke... let him do his job... you want to reward the guy, give him a raise! don`t put the only thing going for us (Defense) in jeopardy!! Which brings me to my second point, what DOES need fixing? Offense. Bring in a solid Offensive C. with experience in getting the most out of his player`s talent, aswell as helping players reach their potential. Not to mention, creative, intelligent and gutsy play calling. My vote; Cam Cameron, San Diego`s OC. You even get the bonus of facing a team he really knows twice a season. What I don`t get is what Banks at CNNSI said, promote Rob Ryan (Defensive C.) to Head Coach, and bring in Rex Ryan (Baltimore`s Defensive C. & Rob`s brother) as Oakland`s Defensive C. and Assistant Head Coach. Repeating... Defense..OK...Offense..NOT!!
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Ryan because as they said on TV, all the players on both offense and defense support and respect him. Maybe we can keep Moss or Porter with him being promoted. He just has that Raiders look to him.

The 1st pick is..................................................................Brady Quinn, Because we traded down to Clev. to pick up some much needed picks. (Calvin Johson included) Cool

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
War Room Slayer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Not Ryan Reply with quote

Let him do what he does best and keep or defense at the level it has reached. Too often a good (great) DC fails at being head coach, ala Buddy Ryan.

If Martz is interested we can keep Shoop at OC and the two if them can create an incredible game plan for our weapons...and Shoop can learn much from Martz.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to write in my own choice for HC which was not listed. I believe Rob Ryan is doing a great job at DC and don't want to mess that up by adding the responsibility of fixing the offense. My candidate for HC is two fold, Cam Cameron current OC for San Diego(HC) , and hire Jim Fassel as OC/ assistant HC. This gets two minds on fixing the offense. Cam has did a good job developing young QB's w/ Brees and Rivers. Also he will bring inside knowledge of a division rival that we play twice a year. Remember what Gruden did to us in the Super Bowl, another example is what Sean Payton and the Saints did to Dallas this year. With Cam Cameron's experience I also like the pick of Jamarcus Russell in the draft.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a sudden interest in Jim Fassell, I've noticed.

When there was discussion last year about whom we'd like to have as head coach, his name was brought up, and the consensus around the forum was "absolutely not. Not even as offensive coordinator."

I'm not so sure I'd want him as our coordinator.

Assistant? Sure.

Quarterbacks coach? Why not.

Coordinator? Nah. I'd pass. Call it a gut feeling.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: