You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should be our Head Coach?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Coach?
Art Shell
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Jim Tressel - Ohio State
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Jim Mora
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Chris Petersen - Boise State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dennis Green
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Ron Rivera - Bears D Coordinator
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rob Ryan
28%
 28%  [ 16 ]
Pete Carroll - USC
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Jeff Tedford - Cal
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rex Ryan - Ravens D Coordinator
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Tom Moore - Colts O Coordinator
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Mike Martz - Lions O Coordinator
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Bobby Petrino - Louisville
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Mike Singletary - 49ers Defense
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Wade Phillips - SD Defense
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 57

martins3325

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Who should be our Head Coach? Reply with quote

Thought id see who everyone favors. Threw out some likely names and some NFL retreads..My pick which I been wishing for for some time now --though perhaps unlikely because Big Al would never open up his wallet that wide for a coach-- is pay Jim Tressel a fortune, give him total control, and let him trade down and pick up Troy Smith and maybe even Ted Ginn. I just hope Al doesnt wait too long again until there are no hot prospects left again. I think this would be a great year to pull a whiz from the college ranks..college coaches know college players..and positioned where we are in the draft this year its crucial we get quality players and not overpaid busts. My 2nd favorite pick would be Petersen from Boise..i love what he did with them going undefeated..knocking off Oklahoma, and having some pretty nifty offensive schemes.
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Pete Carroll, but in my heart, I know he's a great college coach, but maybe not a great NFL coach waiting to happen.

I just really don't know at this point.
Oaktown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Ryan or Bobby Petrino
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Art Shell because he is going to be our coach next year. Offensive Coordinator I am hoping for is Dennis Green. Art will coach another year and retire, regardless of our record and then turn the reigns over to fan favorite Rob Ryan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby Petrino.. and then draft brian brohm who been playing in his system..
martins3325

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far im a bit surprised at the results --keep in mind the questions who SHOULD be coach not who WILL be coach. I cant believe theres even 3 people who like Shell..Great Player, Great Guy, Great Raider, Crap Coach!!! ..in my opinion anyway..kinda pains me to say about a guy who has meant so much to this franchise..but I believe its totally true. He's not by any stretch an Offense Guru, Certainly hasnt shown to be a great O-Line Coach, Isnt a Players Coach, Doesnt seem to communicate well with players, Lacks any sideline passion, Made a mess of personnel situations, Hasnt solve the penalty problems..geez whats left to like? Hmmm..does a helluva job with that clipboard he carries..lol
kjherrm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A person that I think might get fired that I would love to have as a coach is Jack Del Rio. I've heard that the management isn't happy with how the team regressed this year.
RaiderFan4Life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Rob Ryan. What he has done with that defense is nothing short of a miracle. He would be the best man for the job.
raidersfan1281

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Del Rio grew up in Hayward too.
martins3325

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjherrm wrote:
A person that I think might get fired that I would love to have as a coach is Jack Del Rio. I've heard that the management isn't happy with how the team regressed this year.

I like Del Rio..not as much as some other guys ive listed..but id be fine with that..especially if he brought Marcus Stroud and John Henderson with him!!
Twisted Evil
Im still amazed the Shell advocates are in the majority. I think if Shell DOES get the axe..AL's gonna blow it AGAIN as teams are already scheduling interviews with the "hot" coaching prospects..we'll end up hiring another retread by the time Al makes up his mind..if he does axe Shell
ghstface45

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say we keep shell for 1 more year. he had a awful year but he should get one more shot with this team. if not i want to see rex ryan as our coach! just look at the ravens D. our D would be #1 in the league but we need to work on the offense.....
jmckinney_27

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well geez, why don't we just draft all of Ohio States offense and start all of them next year, and hire their coach. look, last I checked the Raiders don't play Michigan or any other big 10 team next year, so hiring Ohio States and coach and drafting all their players is not the answer.
raidersfan1281

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should throw parcells into that poll. He might leave Dallas after this year and look for a challenging team to rebuild. There is none more so than the Raiders.
martins3325

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmckinney_27 wrote:
well geez, why don't we just draft all of Ohio States offense and start all of them next year, and hire their coach. look, last I checked the Raiders don't play Michigan or any other big 10 team next year, so hiring Ohio States and coach and drafting all their players is not the answer.

I wish we could! We'd have a better team than we have now! But if you think Art Shell, Aaron Brooks and Alvis Whitted are better than Jim Tressell, Troy Smith and Ted Ginn ..so be it.
martins3325

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidersfan1281 wrote:
You should throw parcells into that poll. He might leave Dallas after this year and look for a challenging team to rebuild. There is none more so than the Raiders.

I didnt put in Parcells --though i love him as a coach-- because he has one more year left on his contract with Dallas..and if he quits Dallas im sure it will be to take some time off from coaching...not to take over our trainwreck of a mess, with an owner even more meddlesome than Jones.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: