Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pats selection
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rblevens

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my mock

1. PacMan Jones, CB
2. Lance Mitchell, ILB
3. Mark Bradley, WR
4. Adam Snyder, OG
5. MacPherson, any position
6. bpa
7. bpa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people can't even begin to understand what the Pats might do. Going by their history, they are going to draft a TE or a DLineman with their first pick. Nobody expected them to draft another TE last year, and everyone was surprised to see them draft another DT in the 2nd round. Belichick even gambled on a questionable character player in Cedric Cobbs in the 3rd.

Just my opinion, I don't think a few things are going to happen. I don't see any wideout being taken by the Patriots. With Branch, Givens, Patten, Johnson, and Sam, they have talent and they have youth. They even have numbers. You can keep Troy Brown in there too if he restructures. OF the top wideouts, the only one that fits would be Mark Clayton, but between Branch, Brown, and PAtten, we have everything Clayton brings anyway.

I don't see Belichick going for a guy like a Channing Crowder. He's a sophomore, and Belichick rarely drafts a junior, let alone a soph. I also don't see Pac Man Jones as a Belichick type corner. Belichick likes physical guys who can play within themselves, and Jones is a gambler and needs to bulk up. He doesn't seem to fit the style IMO.

I think Corey Webster is going to be a target in the first round. Carlos Rogers too. Both bring the size and toughness to be physical, but the cover skills to stay with the receiver. If the Patriots are going to go corner, IMO, it's going to be in the first or second round. With Gay and Samuel, they have their nickel/dime guys. They need a player that can be counted on to cover the star receivers of the league, whether Law is around or not. I think they'll target a corner early on to groom behind Law, and eventually take over down the road. They don't need another guy that tops out as a nickel/dime guy IMO.

For some reason, I get the feeling that David Pollack or Dan Cody are going to be targets. You can never have too much pass rush, and both of these guys know how to get after the passer. They can project to the 34 at OLB, and the 43 at end, which is the versatility Belichick likes. And of course, both are tough football players, which is what Belichick is looking for. The team needs more help inside than out at LB, but I think they'll look at a switch of perhaps Vrabel to the inside.

If they are looking for an inside LB, I don't think it's coming in the first round, but a guy like Kirk Morrison, Lance Mitchell, or Barrett Ruud in the 2nd or 3rd, or a guy like Al Fincher or Mike Goolsby later on on Day 2.

Im hoping that Elton Brown is left on the board with the first pick. He'd be the best pick available IMO.

I cant begin to imagine what theyd do over a whole draft, but my top two targets in the first would be:
#1 Elton Brown, G, Virginia
#2 Corey Webster, CB, LSU
hollywood14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. PacMan Jones, CB
2. Lance Mitchell, ILB
3. Mark Bradley, WR
4. Adam Snyder, OG
5. MacPherson, any position

I like this pick, PacMan JOnes is a amazing player.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
rblevens

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after the game last night i would rather have Carlos Rogers than PacMan. Rogers is speedy and contributes on everything. He can also lay the wood on.

patriots secondary next year

rcb - Eugene Wilson
fs - Randall Gay, Gus Scott
ss - Rodney Harrison, Dexter Reid
lcb - Smoot-Lukas-Dyson-Baxter
nb - Carlos Rogers
db - Asante Sameul

Troy Brown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my ideal draft:

#1 Marcus McNeil, Auburn or Jamal Brown, Oklahoma - OT - (Brandon Gorin sucks he needs to go)
#2 Odell Thurman- LB, Georgia - our LB corp NEEDS youth badly
#3 Fred Gibson - WR, Georgia - Patten or Brown will probably be gone
#4 Paul Jefferson - FB, Penn St. - this team needs a true blocking FB, enough of Seymour and Patrick Pass and their dumb penalties
#5 Jason White - QB - why not??? Jim Miller is always hurt anyways
#6 Eric Green - CB, Va Tech - just for depth
#7 Diamond Ferri - FS, Syracuse - local kid,do the patriots even need their 7th rounder???? he could be the next antwan harris which isn't bad.
hollywood14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I am really interested in Steve Savoy, WR, Utah. He could go in the Draft with the Larry Fitgerald rule. He is an amzing WR who I think the Patriots could look at in round 3.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
rblevens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would he be worth snagging at the end of round 2? i dont want the raiders, bears, or any team needing a receiver getting him in the early third

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savoy is 3-5 rounder if he comes out..he will be there in the 4th but we need a WR over 6-0 he is 5-11..a guy like Chris Henry (6-5) would be great..but his attidue is a problem but Bill will straighten him out.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
RD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Henry wont even be on the Patriots radar with his attitude.

For years Ive been calling for a taller WR, but BIll addressed that last year with PK Sam. Clearly, they thought enough of him to keep him around all year and stash him on IR. Also, with the addition of Ben Watson at TE last year with his WR speed, we may not need the big WR. Between him and Graham, we may have the best TE situation in the league.
hollywood14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam won't make the team next year. They only kept him because the NFL teams always keep Rookies for a year before they cut them because they want to see wut they have. If Patten leaves we will need a WR..because Givens and Branch have injury problems....Givens does the most.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
RD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam showed a lot of ability in camp, and thats why he was kept around until he got hurt. THey didnt keep him around on some token rookie thing. He earned his spot with the team. Also, the staff was very high on him coming out, and I believe it was in the book, that they think he can be the teams 'cheap' receiver for the next couple years. I think Sam will be back.

Patten doesn't make enough money for them to just let go. They will keep him around.

Obviously, if someone isnt around, then things will change. I fully expect PAtten to be back, and Sam to be our #6 receiver.
hollywood14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen film on Justin Miller an hour ago and he is frekin amazing. At Cb and PR and KR he is just great. Patriots should really look at him. Wow I'm so amazed.

Jgoldiscool on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: