Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft Reply with quote

All right. I watched all you guys do one, so I figured I'd do one to. I only went through Round 3. After that, it gets to hard to scout, and a lot of these mocks have players being drafted in the 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds, that will probably be gone after round 2. So, here's my 3 round mock:

ROUND 1- Thomas Davis, Safety Georgia

WHY: Because he's LeRoy Butler revisited. Big, physical, excellent tackler, and likes to blitz. I am sick and tired of watching Green Bay Defensive Backs being unable to tackle in the open field. This guy won't let that happen. He is a little raw in terms of pass coverage, but we have an excellent teacher in Jim Bates, and with Davis' athleticism, Bates will mold him.

ROUND 2(A) - Chris Canty, Defensive End Virginia

WHY: His physical skills, and high character make him too much to pass up. Major questions surround his knee, but his physical skills plus his leadership and work ethic gives him too much potential. If he stays healthy, people may point to him as one of the greatest steals of all time. Draft this cat.

ROUND 2(B) - Kirk Morrison, LB San Diego State

WHY: Has tremendous instincts. Flows well. Not the fastest guy in the world, but works hard, and has some good natural skills. Will take over the middle in a year or two.

ROUND 3 - Joel Dreesen, TE Colorado State

WHY: Green Bay has been dreaming of a dominate 2 TE set since Chmura and Jackson. This guy may finally give it to them. High character guy. Works hard, plays hard, stays out of trouble, good leader. Kinda like an Aaron Kampman on the other side of the ball.
hauschild

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Thomas Davis with the first pick.

Without a doubt in my mind, he's gonna eventually be the cream of the crop in this year's draft. Unfortunately, I think we're gonna have to move up to get him, which I heard there may be a deal in the works with New Orleans to make this happen.

You are very correct in your comparison to LeRoy Butler...the real reason we won the Super Bowl.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: