Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trading down
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socalscholar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Trading down Reply with quote

Do you think the Giants should trade down to get moe picks?
Joro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Trading down Reply with quote

socalscholar wrote:
Do you think the Giants should trade down to get moe picks?

trading down doesnt really happen after the 2nd round.

Big Blue doing big things in 2007-08
socalscholar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: In the second Reply with quote

Green Bay has two, 51 and 58. They need to move up to secure either Jason Campbell or Charlie Frye. I think they really covet Frye and they will go Defense with their first round pick. It is a possibility!
Joro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: In the second Reply with quote

socalscholar wrote:
Green Bay has two, 51 and 58. They need to move up to secure either Jason Campbell or Charlie Frye. I think they really covet Frye and they will go Defense with their first round pick. It is a possibility!

Frye will definitely be there for the Packers to pick at 51, maybe not Campbell but Frye yes. I really dont see the giants trading down.

socalscholar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Accorsi considering it! Reply with quote

Accorsi is definately looking to trade down. Check it out!

http://giants.scout.com/2/367150.html
JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ideal for me to pick Matt Jones. I don't think he's worth the 43rd pick but maybe later in the second round. But it all depends on who is available at pick 43. If someone good enough falls to us I think we should take them without trading.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt see anything that would make me believe the giants are likely to trade down. personally, there is little value in trading down in the 2nd round. if the perhaps, the packers trade up with the the giants 8 spots to lock up frye or campbell, all we are going to get out of it is a 6th or 7th rounder. thats not worth risking not getting who we want. the giants just ought to take their four picks and make them count.

socalscholar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Frye Reply with quote

Yesterday, Adam Shefter of NFL Total Access reported that he would many scouts have him moving up in the draft after his pro day. Most teams main question was his arm strength and he showed well heaving bombs over 57 yards. When a team wants a qb, who knows? I think the Giants could probably get a third or fourth round pick out of it, but that's if no other team steps in there and drafts Frye first. This draft is deep, so trading down would not be bad at all.
Joro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Frye Reply with quote

socalscholar wrote:
Yesterday, Adam Shefter of NFL Total Access reported that he would many scouts have him moving up in the draft after his pro day. Most teams main question was his arm strength and he showed well heaving bombs over 57 yards. When a team wants a qb, who knows? I think the Giants could probably get a third or fourth round pick out of it, but that's if no other team steps in there and drafts Frye first. This draft is deep, so trading down would not be bad at all.

no man, third round or fourth round is the price of moving up 5-10 spots or so in the FIRST round. in the 2nd, the gap between picks shortens and the cost of moving up 5-10 spots is about a 6th or 7th rounder. there isnt a big demand for qb's, with the 49ers and then the Browns or Cards taking theirs in the first. Itll probably be the cards, and the browns will take jason campbell who they are high on in the 2nd. frye will fall right into the pack's lap at 51, and i am not even sure they really want him with their D woes. their first and both second rounders may easily and prob will go to the D side.

socalscholar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Frye Reply with quote

If you have been paying attention, this guy's stock has only been moving up. Especially thi last week! The draft is two weeks away and this guy will be picked in the begining of the second round. There were four "real" mock drafts released today and they had him picked by pick number 40 in four those. The Giants at 43, would put Green Bay in great positon to get Frye. As far as trade value, giving up a third or fourth pick and a second to move up eight spots for your QB of the future. I think that is worth it for both teams. The Giants moved up three spots last year for a QB in the first round last year and gave up four picks. So, two picks for one in the second round is a definate possibility.
Skip2MiLew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry scholar but the name of Frye doesnt quite carry the same weight as the name Manning. Frye may be a QB for the future but he is not a first round talent. There is not way GB would give that much to get someone like Frye. Maybe if it was Mike Vick's brother, maybe, by not Frye.
Joro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Frye Reply with quote

socalscholar wrote:
If you have been paying attention, this guy's stock has only been moving up. Especially thi last week! The draft is two weeks away and this guy will be picked in the begining of the second round. There were four "real" mock drafts released today and they had him picked by pick number 40 in four those. The Giants at 43, would put Green Bay in great positon to get Frye. As far as trade value, giving up a third or fourth pick and a second to move up eight spots for your QB of the future. I think that is worth it for both teams. The Giants moved up three spots last year for a QB in the first round last year and gave up four picks. So, two picks for one in the second round is a definate possibility.

u really are oblivious to the fact that charlie frye is nothing amazing. i dont even see GB taking him at 51, probably at 58. he'll fall to them there no doubt, as the 49ers and the cards will fill their qb needs in the 1st, and then the browns in the 2nd will take jason campbell. frye will fall right into gb's lap both at 51 and 58. they wont move up at all, sorry buddy.

socalscholar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Disagreement Reply with quote

Well I agree to disagree! Frye's stock is moving up!
Joro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Disagreement Reply with quote

socalscholar wrote:
Well I agree to disagree! Frye's stock is moving up!

well ur wrong. jason campbell has clearly established himself as the safer choice and thus will be the third qb taken, either to the browns at 34 or the cardinals at 44, depending on what goes down in the 1st. frye will be there at 51 without a doubt.

socalscholar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: tag, your it! Reply with quote

I distinctly remember you going tit for tat with someone else Joro! I never said you were wrong or I was right. Do you need the validation? It's just my opinion, maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong. That is the nature of pronostication! We shall see come draft day. Unless you have a time machine, there is no way for sure you can say my opinion is right or wrong, unless that is just your opinion. All I know is, Frye's stock is moving up, he could get drafted ahead of Campbell, and taking him a potentially good NFL starting QB in the second is never a bad pick. If you don't beleive me, look at the hailredskins website. Half of the recent mocks have him going anywhere from 23 through 40, the other half 51 or 58. Would you take the risk of someone else picking him up ahead of you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: