Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Surtain and Chiefs agree in Principle, but....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Surtain and Chiefs agree in Principle, but.... Reply with quote

The Chiefs are sooooo cheap. They have already worked out a deal for Surtain, but won't fork over their second rounder. They have agreed with Patrick Surtain on a Multi-year deal, but are still only offering 4th round compensation, which has been rejected by the dolphins several times. They know that they won't get him without giving up their second...so why dont they just complete the deal???
FF Member #1000
SBorBust

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Surtain and Chiefs agree in Principle, but.... Reply with quote

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
The Chiefs are sooooo cheap. They have already worked out a deal for Surtain, but won't fork over their second rounder. They have agreed with Patrick Surtain on a Multi-year deal, but are still only offering 4th round compensation, which has been rejected by the dolphins several times. They know that they won't get him without giving up their second...so why dont they just complete the deal???

Maybe they just don't think he is worth it. The people making these decisions make alot of money to do what they do, so I have a hard time believing that we know more than them and they are completely incompetent. Listen, I am in the Air Force, but I am not going to tell a pilot how to fly a plane just because I can beat Falcon 4.0. More than likely they have a reason for doing what they are doing and they have no obligation to tell us anything until they are done. Besides, if they did tell us anything than they would also be telling every other team out there that may want to "one-up" them, so it is right for them to keep their negotiating secret.
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. -- Dave Barry
SBorBust

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/365475.html
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. -- Dave Barry
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, thats a funny article...Saban is the one holding things up??? He put out an offer and is sticking to it. The hilarious part is that the Chiefs were serious when offering a 4th round pick...
FF Member #1000
sox2004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surtain is in his prime,he might be the best corner in the league,he definately has more ints than anyone over the last 5 years,and personally i hope he stays with us,cause it could come back to haunt us..a question,who,in the 2,3,or4 round would you bet heavy on being better than surtain..dont hold your breathe,he might be worth a first round pick according to the experts on the nfl network..i hope saban sticks to his guns,its not like having him on your team next year is a bad thing Cool
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he isn;t the best CB he is up there. I think a second is a good asking price, the only reason you don't a first is because Surtain wants to leave, and he could be a product player. He was in an upper tier d with a great line

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
timmay98

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Surtain Bandwagoner!!! Reply with quote

The Chiefs are sooooo cheap. They have already worked out a deal for Surtain, but won't fork over their second rounder. They have agreed with Patrick Surtain on a Multi-year deal, but are still only offering 4th round compensation, which has been rejected by the dolphins several times. They know that they won't get him without giving up their second...so why dont they just complete the deal???[/quote]

You couldn't be any more acurate. The reason why the Chiefs are even in the hunt for Surtain is they couldn't get the job done because they Carl was low balling. They couldn't get the job done with Hartwell because they were low balling. And now they are low balling Miami. It's not about whether Surtain is worth a 2nd rounder or not, no offense but that's ludicris. Especially when you consider our draft history over the past 3 years with Fujita or Allen possibly being our best pick. Does Saivi, Mitchell, Freemen, Bartee ring a bell in the 2nd? It does to me. Besides we need to win now and it's harder with a rookie.

In Carl's defense, he's just trying to get Saban to buckle. I just hope he doesn't bend himself over because we really ne Surtain. I'm hoping a 2nd round draft pick next year with a maybe a 4th or fifth this year. If Saban would go for that we'd be dumb not to sign him.
timmay98

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the book!
Phinfan76

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon guys, Surtain is better than any CB you'd be able to pick up in this draft. Saban won't take a 4th for him, you don't have a 3rd to trade with, so that leaves you with trading your 2nd. I don't see Saban taking anything less than a second round pick unless it's a package of later picks and maybe your 1st or 2nd round pick next year and that is unlikely. Saban will keep Surtain and take the salary cap hit rather than send him to KC for less than what he thinks is fair.

Cough up the 2nd round pick and immediately upgrade your secondary!!!
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think he could be product CB, with your defense.

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCALLTHEWAY wrote:
I still think he could be product CB, with your defense.

When you say "product player", do you mean "product of the system player"? I've usually seen those guys called system players (for example system QB).

As for Surtain's production being a result of the system that Miami runs, I don't think so. Miami's system is predicated on D-linemen who apply pressure at the line and CBs who can play blanket coverage when left on an island. If anything, Zach Thomas is a product of the system because his production is a result of being protected from interior linement by two enormous DTs.
FF Member #1031

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: