Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just for the people who forget about Ricardo Colclough

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Just for the people who forget about Ricardo Colclough Reply with quote

Link: Ricardo Colclough * Cornerback * 2nd Round (38th Overall)

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Canada

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhhhhhh, what you trying to say???
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dominating shutdown pass defender who did not allow a reception in eleven of the twenty games he played in for the Pioneers."

"In just two seasons at Tusculum, he set school career-records with 15 interceptions (138 yards in returns) and 38 passes defended…Recorded 106 tackles (60 solos) with seven stops behind the line of scrimmage."

"Can run and shadow a receiver, whether in the short area or on deep routes…Shows very quick feet in his backpedal, turning fluidly while displaying suddenness in his plant and drive…Smooth in transition, opening his hips to cover ground…Has excellent change of direction agility…Has the sudden acceleration needed to recover and catch up to the receiver down field…Shows good body control and leaping ability going up for the ball…Has natural hands for the interception and secures the ball before heading upfield on kick returns…Shows aggression in run support (can drive to the ball out of his plant in an instant)…Effective wrap-up tackler that will face up to the ball carrier and deliver a punishing hit…Competitive athlete with great urgency in his play…Digests the playbook quickly and has a quiet personality, but will not hesitate to take a teammate to task for poor play…Relishes playing on all special teams (return and coverage)."

That's what I'm trying to say. That's why the Steelers won't use a 1st round pick on a CB.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Canada

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but what has he done at the NFL level?

I'm not the least bit surprised if the Steelers go CB early.

Townsend, Williams are all getting up there in age....
Colclough and Taylor are unproven....

don't get me wrong, I like Colclough but.....till he proves himself an actual NFL player I will have some doubts.

Lets Go Ricardo!!!

Talyor also!!!!!
steelcity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
"Dominating shutdown pass defender who did not allow a reception in eleven of the twenty games he played in for the Pioneers."

"In just two seasons at Tusculum, he set school career-records with 15 interceptions (138 yards in returns) and 38 passes defended…Recorded 106 tackles (60 solos) with seven stops behind the line of scrimmage."

"Can run and shadow a receiver, whether in the short area or on deep routes…Shows very quick feet in his backpedal, turning fluidly while displaying suddenness in his plant and drive…Smooth in transition, opening his hips to cover ground…Has excellent change of direction agility…Has the sudden acceleration needed to recover and catch up to the receiver down field…Shows good body control and leaping ability going up for the ball…Has natural hands for the interception and secures the ball before heading upfield on kick returns…Shows aggression in run support (can drive to the ball out of his plant in an instant)…Effective wrap-up tackler that will face up to the ball carrier and deliver a punishing hit…Competitive athlete with great urgency in his play…Digests the playbook quickly and has a quiet personality, but will not hesitate to take a teammate to task for poor play…Relishes playing on all special teams (return and coverage)."

That's what I'm trying to say. That's why the Steelers won't use a 1st round pick on a CB.

$$$$$$$$
give the kid a chance at least... it's been less than a year since he was drafted, this guy could be a pro-bowler one day. i think our mix of corners is hand and fist above what we had 2-3 years ago, and the safeties are much better as well (if hope pans out for sure) lets get the DL shored up after we snag the freak matt jones at #1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: