Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What playoff result would you be content with?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Successful Playoff Run?
Getting a Bye was enough
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Beating Dallas, losing @SEA
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Winning the NFC
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Winning the Super Bowl
69%
 69%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 33

tabbaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: What playoff result would you be content with? Reply with quote

Over the season we've had many back and forths about never being happy unless the team wins the Super Bowl. I think it would be interesting to see what all of us view as an acceptable playoff result. This is completely open to your own interpretation.

I'm not including an option for losing to Carolina in the NFCCG because 1. I don't think they can beat Seattle and 2. If we lost to Carolina in the NFCCG I would hope all of you would be extremely upset.

Personally, beating Dallas is an absolute must. Losing at Seattle would suck but I do think they are a better team than we are and they of course match up great against us. So I'd be content with 1 win. While also wanting everyone fired of course.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Content?

I'm not content with anything but a ring but I also understand how hard it is to win it all.

Losing to DAL and Romo would be like a gut punch from Tyson though.

I guess I'll say at least beat them and if we lose to SEA, I can take it.
Skypilot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What playoff result would you be content with? Reply with quote

tabbaker wrote:
Over the season we've had many back and forths about never being happy unless the team wins the Super Bowl. I think it would be interesting to see what all of us view as an acceptable playoff result. This is completely open to your own interpretation.

I'm not including an option for losing to Carolina in the NFCCG because 1. I don't think they can beat Seattle and 2. If we lost to Carolina in the NFCCG I would hope all of you would be extremely upset.

Personally, beating Dallas is an absolute must. Losing at Seattle would suck but I do think they are a better team than we are and they of course match up great against us. So I'd be content with 1 win. While also wanting everyone fired of course.

Green Bay is superior to Seattle offensively; the Sea Hawks, have the better defense across the board---players, coaching, coordinator and scheme effectiveness. Though, the 2014 regular season is easily the best the Packers have performed on defense since 2010.

Content with a playoff loss? It depends if the Packers go down fighting or get abused like they did in the 2011 and 12 season playoffs.
G Harmon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is hella weak. Why would you even make a thread about what you're ok losing with?

G.Harmon MLB #9
...Stop, You're Looking At Brilliance. G.G.T.G
tabbaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G Harmon wrote:
This thread is hella weak. Why would you even make a thread about what you're ok losing with?

because I get yelled at for complaining when we do lose
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's another one of those "we don't have a chance against teams like Seattle/San Francisco" type things so basically just trying to accept it now I guess.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
green 01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Content? Winners are never content. Nobody has ever trained for second place. Winning it all is the only goal.

ChuckNorris101 on the sig.
Winning isn't a sometime thing.... IT'S AN ALL THE TIME THING!!!
"IT IS TIME" -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews right before he forced the Mendenhall fumble.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a difference between being content and being rational. That is the key here. I'm only content with a SB win. If we lose, I will be angry and disappointed, but rational enough to know you start the year with a 3% chance to win it all and it doesn't mean we were a bad team or need to fire everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
There's a difference between being content and being rational. That is the key here. I'm only content with a SB win. If we lose, I will be angry and disappointed, but rational enough to know you start the year with a 3% chance to win it all and it doesn't mean we were a bad team or need to fire everyone.

That's the exact words I was trying to find. Well put.
tabbaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok could you please change the title to "Which playoff result do you view as fair based on your perception of the Packers as well as their potential playoff opponents"

Thanks.
persiandud

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont see the point in this thread, but if we're going to lose it might as well be to Seattle since they are the better team. If we lose to Dallas I'll be raging for weeks. If we lose to Seattle I wouldn't be nearly as upset.
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winning playoff games is incredibly difficult. So much so that I don't think a lot of Packer fans realize how difficult it is. It's damn tough. I'm aware of how tough it is and I'm not one of those that thinks every year should be a Super Bowl win or it was a wasted year. It takes time, it takes building a team, chemistry and a little bit of proverbial magic.

That said, I expect a playoff win. I'll be disappointed with anything less than one playoff win this year. Rodgers is too good, McCarthy is too good and we have too much talent to go one and done. I get on Manning's case a lot because he has a tendency to crumble once the playoffs start. I have to hold Aaron to the same standard.

I also know that it's damn near impossible to beat Seattle at home in big games, so I would understand a loss there. But if we beat the Cowboys and if the Panthers beat the Seahawks, I expect a Super Bowl win. I expect this team not to lose to inferior talent in the playoffs.

As far as the Super Bowl, I will not be able to survive a Super Bowl loss. A Super Bowl loss means, no matter what, that Rodgers would be at least X-1 in Super Bowls. I can't accept that. I can't accept a lost Super Bowl considering we have the best QB in the NFL.

So to answer your question, the only outcome I would be okay with in this year's post season is a loss in Seattle.
byzr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"show me a good loser and i'll show you a loser" V. Lombardi

once you get to the playoffs it's Super Bowl WIN or bust.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green 01 wrote:
Content? Winners are never content. Nobody has ever trained for second place. Winning it all is the only goal.

Sure, and if I was a player for the Green Bay Packers, I definitely wouldn't be content with anything but a SB victory. But I'm not, I'm a fan with absolutely 0 control over anything they do. Thus, I don't really need to concern myself with what I trained for.

The problem with so many fans is they feel like they're responsible for holding the team "accountable" for its performance. You're not. Believe me, the owners and executives of teams already put themselves under more pressure than we as fans can put on them, because their salaries and future job prospects depend on winning.

As to the question of the topic, I'll be disappointed if the Packers lose this week as I feel they're the better team, but I'm fairly happy with how the season has gone to this point regardless. If they get to the NFC Championship game, I'll consider this a successful season in terms of their talent vs. on-field success.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with less than a SuperBowl if I felt like this team was overachieving and having more success than their true ability. However, I truly feel like this team can be as good as they want to be. Seattle is the only postseason team I could see beating us when we're playing at our best, but even they should be taken care of soundly. But the others? We'll sooner beat our self, or lose to the injury bug.

So yeah, it's Lombardi or bust for me this year.

<33333333

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: