Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

.flash's march mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.flash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: .flash's march mock Reply with quote

THE DRAFT
TRADE: Packers send #21 and #149 to Houston for #33 and #65.
2 [via HOU] Kyle Fuller | CB | Virginia Tech | 6-0 190

Fuller is my third best CB in this year's class. He's got all the physical tools necessary to thrive in the NFL. He's fast, quick, tough, athletic. He's a very physical corner; comes down on the run and attacks. He can play in/out, man/zone as he's incredibly versatile and has experience playing all secondary positions and I think that's reflected in his high football IQ and natural instincts. The Packers love this pick because he's great value at the top of the 2nd here and gives them flexibility in the rest of the draft on the safety front. Fuller's a guy whose too good as a CB to flex right away to FS, but also flexible enough to make that transition if Hyde falls flat.

2 Lamarcus Joyner | FS | FSU | 5-8 184

Aaand the Pack follow Fuller up with a safety right away. I love Joyner. He reminds me of Mathieu in all the good ways, and frankly Mathieu's success should be in the back of every GM's mind when it comes to Joyner. He falls here because of his physical limitations: he's only 5-8, he's only 184, he's only 4.55 fast. And for some reason, he's still a hell of a football player. Like Fuller, Joyner's tough, versatile and instinctive. He's one of the very few safeties in this class that I think can beat out Hyde in a fair fight his rookie year. A gamer for sure. Rounds out a secondary that will feature Shields, Hayward, Fuller, Williams, Burnett and Hyde.

3 [via HOU] Daquan Jones | DT | Penn State | 6-4 322

Big man who shedded 20-25 pounds before his senior season and was really productive at his lighter weight. He's a strong, interior force who flashes real disruptive ability. One of the few interior DL-men I like outside of the first round.

3 Robert Herron | WR | Wyoming | 5-9 187

I love Herron. Like Joyner, he falls due mainly to his height which will ultimately limit him almost exclusively to the slot. For some reason though I get the vibe that this year GB is interested in a slot/RET guy. So enter Rob Herron. He's a wow athlete, imo, and not in the exclusively finesse sort of way. Herron's strong with legit wheels and can endure a beating. He played a lot of RB and didn't become a receiver until the 2011 season. He looks natural to me as a WR though: great hands, good routes. Our success developing Cobb gives me ultimate confidence in our staff to develop another one like him.

3 [comp] Jordan Zumwalt | ILB | UCLA | 6-4 236

Zumwalt will take off your head. He's one of the most intense LB's in college football. Every tackle is an opportunity for him to punish, every play he gives it his all. He's a tone setter who actually needs to tone down his over aggressiveness at times. He's experienced playing ILB in UCLA's 3-4. But most of all, I'd love to add him to see what he does to the players around him. His mindset is almost too unique amongst this Packers D and his nasty could certainly diversify our LB corps.

4 Cody Latimer | WR | Indiana | 6-3 215

An incredible, raw athlete who wowed at his pro day. Real soft hands from what I've seen. Good height and impressive agility and physicality. Needs work of course, but Green Bay is one of the best landing spots for this kid.

5 [comp] Dontae Johnson | FS | NC State | 6-2 200

Honestly, not quite sure why Johnson is universally ranked right around 5-6th round. I'll admit to not watching much of him, but at 6-2 200 he ran a 4.45, went 6.82 on his 3 cone and had a vert of 38.5. Warrants a flyer. Johnson/Richardson = astonishingly athletic backup safeties; should do great on ST's.

6 Joe Don Duncan | TE | Dixie State | 6-3 268

Duncan dominated Div-2. He's a try hard type guy whose a natural pass catcher. Not a big fan of this TE class at large.

7 Wesley Johnson | OT | Vanderbilt | 6-5 300

Aaaand here's your TT college OT draft pick. Late this year, I know.

RETURNING FREE AGENTS
Jermichael Finley

With the way the draft fell, it becomes imperative for Green Bay to address the TE position afterwards. Finley's neurosurgeon has given him a 99.9% chance to play football again though his recovery time will take a few more months. Once he passes his physical, the Packers will want him back.

John Kuhn

Matt Flynn

Johnny Jolly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love this.

I'm a big Herron guy too, you never see him for us but I like the kid a ton.

People will complain Joyner is under the "Thompson Line" but who cares.

No offense to anyone, but has anyone really seen Joe Don Duncan play? What's he like?
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooks is the better Safety on that FSU team than Joyner. Swap that out. Can Herron return kicks? If so, I'm cool with him as a multi-purpose player though he's a bit early. I'm sure you could get away with bumping every pick down a peg to the Joe Jon Duncan pick starting with the Herron pick. Add Troy Niklas or Big Fiedo there and you've gotten yourself a pretty sweet draft.

I'm really liking this trade-down and select Kyle Fuller business...
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Brooks is the better Safety on that FSU team than Joyner. Swap that out. Can Herron return kicks? If so, I'm cool with him as a multi-purpose player though he's a bit early. I'm sure you could get away with bumping every pick down a peg to the Joe Jon Duncan pick starting with the Herron pick. Add Troy Niklas or Big Fiedo there and you've gotten yourself a pretty sweet draft.

I'm really liking this trade-down and select Kyle Fuller business...

Joyner is a better playmaker though if you put on tape of him he's just nasty all over the field. Great blitzer as well which would be awesome for this team in Capers system.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still wary about Finley, but this draft blends value and need very well with Fuller and Joyner in round two. I don't know too much about D. Jones, but the level of comp is there and he would add some depth with the departure of Pickett and Wilson.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triple dipping in the secondary, like all 3, love both wrs, doubt Latimer would be there in the 4th, Herron and Lattimore are a nice combo to add.. Finley back would be huge. Like Johnson in the 7th. Like Zumwalt, even if he doesn't pan, probably will get 4 years of intense ST.

Only thing missing I'd like to see is an OLB, but otherwise, awesome.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have a problem with the players selected I just think it is going to be a stretch to see TT draft two guys in the same draft that are under 5'10". I know the caliber players we are talking about, still have a hard time seeing TT go there twice in the same draft.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't care for the undersized S in 2, but other than that, I really love just about everything here.

Cheers, mate!
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
Don't care for the undersized S in 2

and that's part of the problem. The other problem is that Joyner doesn't have the speed we're looking for at FS. Brooks does. Joyner's another one of these players that looks great at the college level but won't be able to make the jump to the pros given his size and speed limitations. He is also no Tyrann Mathieu...
Kal-El

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
Don't care for the undersized S in 2

and that's part of the problem. The other problem is that Joyner doesn't have the speed we're looking for at FS. Brooks does. Joyner's another one of these players that looks great at the college level but won't be able to make the jump to the pros given his size and speed limitations. He is also no Tyrann Mathieu...

Yeah, that's a good point; Mathieu at least posted good workout #s.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: