Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can Darrelle Revis help?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald323

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Can Darrelle Revis help? Reply with quote

i still think this guy can play, i think he had one bad season last year.

i think he is the best cb out there what you guys think?
smetana34

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't we have a free agency thread going on for these questions?

No. I don't think he would help us. Maybe as a mentor, other than that no.

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."
incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, absolutely not. You'd be paying him for his name, not what he can offer.

He's a me-first, money-driven wash up. Not interested in mid-30s FAs with a history of following the money and showing little interest in the collective. His 2016 was atrocious.
gopackgo247

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:

As a mentor? This is a guy who said last year his body was breaking down and the end was near (while minimizing the fact that he was out of shape and disinterested).

Wouldn't want him anywhere near our young guys at this point. Bad habits are tough to break.
gopackgo247

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
smetana34 wrote:

As a mentor? This is a guy who said last year his body was breaking down and the end was near (while minimizing the fact that he was out of shape and disinterested).

Wouldn't want him anywhere near our young guys at this point. Bad habits are tough to break.

Only reason he wasnt charged with multiple felonies is because his buddy took the fall for him. i expect him to be paid handsomely for his time in the clink.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we sign him, yes.
If we don't sign him, no.
vegas492

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm in the minority, but I think he can help.
I know he was bad last year, but he still has to be better than a lot of what we have back there currently.

And here's the rub. He won't sign for the peanuts that he deserves. He will take his $6M and watch games from his couch. And even if you can pull him off of the couch, he's not what he once was and I'm not sure that he even cares about that anymore.

Double edged sword...can he help? Probably. Should GB go get him? I hope not.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
persiandud

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he dropped ten pounds and is open to moving to safety

also, he's slated to make 6M this season regardless of whether he's playing or on the couch.
smetana34

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
smetana34 wrote:

I meant more from subtleties of the game and technique standpoint. Not as a general human being.

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."
incognito_man wrote:

smetana34

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
I know he was bad last year, but he still has to be better than a lot of what we have back there currently.

And here's the rub. He won't sign for the peanuts that he deserves. He will take his $6M and watch games from his couch. And even if you can pull him off of the couch, he's not what he once was and I'm not sure that he even cares about that anymore.

He was PFF's 99th rated corner after the first half of the season. 24th the second half. I wouldn't be confident saying he's better than anything we currently have now.

incognito_man wrote:

vegas492

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

He was PFF's 99th rated corner after the first half of the season. 24th the second half. I wouldn't be confident saying he's better than anything we currently have now.

Where did Randall, Rollins, Gunter and House rank? And I said, better than a lot of what we have back there currently. Not better than "anything" we currently have.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

He's not. I don't see why we'd pay him any amount of money to crowd our secondary backfield, even if it's at safety. It's just stunting the growth of our own guys. He's not interested in winning a title. He proved last season was about collecting a check; for all of his talk about "returning home," this is a guy who added 20 pounds and then claimed his "body was breaking down." It reeks of a discipline issue that won't be easily corrected at age 31/32.

He got torched repeatedly last season. I'm not sure it's worth investing any amount of resources to train him to play safety, and signing him to play corner is a step in the direction of making our secondary older and slower. The potential benefit--above average but spotty boundary play--is not worth the headache. He's a diva. That's a toxic personality to have around two third-year corners, an UDFA (Gunter) and one or two rookie selections.

TT cares about the locker room dynamic as much as any GM. There's little doubt the FO doesn't see Revis as being a good fit.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I found out the Jets will be paying his contract under 6m, and it most likely will take a 1 year vet min deal from us? I'm all for it. No risk there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's done, and we're good at safety anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: