Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Introductions: Part 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toga wrote:
Good evening.

Someone just made a big mistake. Combine going on. This guy probably wants to talk a little Packers. Well guess what...

Toga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait. Nobody told me this was permanent. Damn I always skip the terms of service
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im Tyler I am 25 grew up in Wausau, went to St. Norbert, now reside in Chicago, and get heckled regularly, some bears fans are delusion.

Favorite Packers:

Favre
Reggie
Clay
Rodgers
Dotson
Chmura

Other Sports
MJ
LeBron

Movies
Anchorman
Catch Me If You Can
Rounders

GOAT
Bo
Kate Upton
TV: Prison Break, Breaking Bad
pacnwpackfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, fellow Packer fans. I'm a life long Packer fan (thanks Dad!), who grew up in Illinois surrounded by mostly Bear fans, which was tough in the 70's and 80's when the Bears and Payton owned us. Just like most folks on here, I played high school football all four years and was a starting MLB my junior and senior years, and then I played in the military. As my handle would suggest, I have moved out to Washington State where thanks to sites like this, NFL Sunday Ticket and the NFL Network, I can still follow my beloved Packers. Married and have two great kids.

My earliest memories of the Packers were the early 70's teams, so that influences some of my favorites:

Favorite All Time Packers
Bart Starr
Jon Brockington
Willie Buchanon
Mike "Mad Dog" Douglass
LeRoy Butler
Ahman Green

Favorite non-Packer athletes of All Time
Michael Jordan
Carl Yazstremski
Deion Sanders

Favorite Movies:
The Godfather
Road to Perdition
Forrest Gump
Tombstone
Dark Knight

Greatest of All Time
Music- 1. The Who 2. Pearl Jam 3. Black Keys 4. The Clash
Hottie- Scarlett Johnannsen and Kate Beckinsale
Actors- Tom Hanks, Russell Crowe, Val Kilmer--for his Doc Holliday portrayal alone Deceased--Gregory Peck, Paul Newman
TV Show- Current--The Walking Dead All-Time: Seinfeld
Comedian- Jim Gaffigan
dijatool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to do this earlier.

My name is Dave, was raised in New Jersey, became aware of the football, the NFL and the Packers during the Lombari era and have been a Packer fan ever since.

I don't really have a favorite Packer, I tend to love them all (T.J. Rubley excluded).

An odd note. I watched Clay play twice each season during his junior and senior years in high school and of all the local kids, he was the last that I thought would go on to the league. On the flip side, Marc Tyler was a monster in HS and that didn't work out all that well.

I've been keeping a single page roster PDF file for the last few years (it's most helpful during camp when the new names and numbers are very puzzling) and decided to just keep it rolling this year. It might prove useful to someone (right now it's color coded to make it easier to pick out the expensive/under-performing, FAs and injured).

2013 Roster

JBURGE25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dijatool wrote:

My name is Dave, was raised in New Jersey, became aware of the football, the NFL and the Packers during the Lombari era and have been a Packer fan ever since.

I don't really have a favorite Packer, I tend to love them all (T.J. Rubley excluded).

An odd note. I watched Clay play twice each season during his junior and senior years in high school and of all the local kids, he was the last that I thought would go on to the league. On the flip side, Marc Tyler was a monster in HS and that didn't work out all that well.

I've been keeping a single page roster PDF file for the last few years (it's most helpful during camp when the new names and numbers are very puzzling) and decided to just keep it rolling this year. It might prove useful to someone (right now it's color coded to make it easier to pick out the expensive/under-performing, FAs and injured).

2013 Roster

Care to elaborate?

XBL: ShiiNyIV
dijatool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
dijatool wrote:
An odd note. I watched Clay play twice each season during his junior and senior years in high school and of all the local kids, he was the last that I thought would go on to the league.

Care to elaborate?

He was playing DL, quite undersized for the league (if he was 200 pounds as a junior I'd be shocked) and it seemed at times, overwhelmed. It didn't help that Agoura High School was (and still is) one of the doormats of the league they play in (Marmonte) and one of the teams I saw him face twice had an OL that was nearly the size of what you'd expect at a JuCo.

He was appreciably bigger and better as senior, but that's kind of expected. What I hadn't expected was for him to continue that growth and improvement trend over the next few years.

He was nearly completely under the radar when playing and I wouldn't have known who he was if it weren't for the pieces done locally about his dad, who was getting into coaching at about that time.

CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome dijatool, pacnwpackfan, and TheBitzMan to the Packers' forum, we hope to see you jump right into the discussion.
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacnwpackfan wrote:
Greetings, fellow Packer fans. I'm a life long Packer fan (thanks Dad!), who grew up in Illinois surrounded by mostly Bear fans, which was tough in the 70's and 80's when the Bears and Payton owned us. Just like most folks on here, I played high school football all four years and was a starting MLB my junior and senior years, and then I played in the military. As my handle would suggest, I have moved out to Washington State where thanks to sites like this, NFL Sunday Ticket and the NFL Network, I can still follow my beloved Packers. Married and have two great kids.

My earliest memories of the Packers were the early 70's teams, so that influences some of my favorites:

Favorite All Time Packers
Bart Starr
Jon Brockington
Willie Buchanon
Mike "Mad Dog" Douglass
LeRoy Butler
Ahman Green

Favorite non-Packer athletes of All Time
Michael Jordan
Carl Yazstremski
Deion Sanders

Favorite Movies:
The Godfather
Road to Perdition
Forrest Gump
Tombstone
Dark Knight

Greatest of All Time
Music- 1. The Who 2. Pearl Jam 3. Black Keys 4. The Clash
Hottie- Scarlett Johnannsen and Kate Beckinsale
Actors- Tom Hanks, Russell Crowe, Val Kilmer--for his Doc Holliday portrayal alone Deceased--Gregory Peck, Paul Newman
TV Show- Current--The Walking Dead All-Time: Seinfeld
Comedian- Jim Gaffigan

It's nice to see someone here who remembers the 70s and 80s even tho those were tough times to be a Packer fan. Most of the guys here are still in their 20s. My sister married a Bear fan and is surrounded by those fans in Naperville. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dijatool wrote:

2013 Roster

You have Bush and Hawk in pink? I kinda figured out what the other colors mean. Nice job on the roster and depth chart tho.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
You have Bush and Hawk in pink? I kinda figured out what the other colors mean. Nice job on the roster and depth chart tho.

Glad you like it and thanks for pointing out that I still had the pink names in there, I was supposed to fix those yesterday when I made the Walden change.

That was the color I picked for expensive and/or underperforming. I had Charles in pink too before he was let go. I mostly used that as a conversation starter with a few friends, Hawk was included so I didn't get yelled at, not that it helped.

It's up to date now.

bigKev2011

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Kevin, I am 20 years old, I have been a die hard Football and Packers fan since I was 7. I live in St. Louis so Ive only seen them 2 times here once in Favre's last season in green and this past season both time we smashed the Rams.

Favorite Packers:
Reggie White
Ahman Green
Javon Walker
Robert Ferguson
Charles Woodson
Clay Matthews
Aaron Rodgers

Favorite Music:
Most rock,rap,and country

Favorite Movies:
Tommy Boy
Big Daddy
Silence of the Lambs
Super Troopers
Beerfest
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I might as well do this since the other place I post is a complete cesspool and I can't take it anymore.

Names Justin. 27. Lifelong Packer fan inherited from my father.

Favorite Packers
Jim Taylor
Sterling Sharpe
Willie Davis
Randall Cobb
Chuck Cecil

I'm stubborn and ornery and arrogant. Don't let me ruffle your feathers. It's just the way I am.
pacnwpackfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigKev2011 wrote:
My name is Kevin, I am 20 years old, I have been a die hard Football and Packers fan since I was 7. I live in St. Louis so Ive only seen them 2 times here once in Favre's last season in green and this past season both time we smashed the Rams.

Favorite Packers:
Reggie White
Ahman Green
Javon Walker
Robert Ferguson
Charles Woodson
Clay Matthews
Aaron Rodgers

Favorite Music:
Most rock,rap,and country

Favorite Movies:
Tommy Boy
Big Daddy
Silence of the Lambs
Super Troopers
Beerfest

Robert Ferguson as an all-time favorite Packer? You don't see that everyday! Smile
squire12

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings fellow packer fans.

A bit about myself, I have been a Packer fan since "birth" (1972). Born in Green Bay, grew up on parents farm 20 miles from Green Bay. Remember watching Packer games during the lean 70's and 80's.

Some favorite Packers though the years, no real reasons, just guys I remember from the younger years
Dave Roller
Rich Wingo
Brian Noble
Mike Douglas
Rich McGeorge
George Cumby

Side note/trivia for those who might know the GB area high schools. I went to HS with a current NFL GM, graduated 1 year after him, played FB with him. Never thought he would be where he is today.

Gary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 43 of 46

Jump to: