You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

THE DRAFT!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will the bengals do in the draft?
draft 17th
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
MOVE UP
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
MOVE DOWN
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Cantstop85

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: THE DRAFT!! Reply with quote

Its been a long year and here we are sitting pretty with the 17th pick. What to do what to do....well with the 17 th pick who should we get DL SS LB TE? Ho0w bout Peter Warrick how has he been lately? How bout trading up or how bout trading down for some talent to save us a pick later?Many things could happen on April 23&24 but the way i see it Peter Warrick will most likely stay eventually and the bengals will not move up. What i think they will do is.......MOVE DOWN! Not what i had in mind either.BUT...how bout we draft a DL that falls down to late 1st round. THEN my favorite part! DRAFT ERNEST SHAZOR or Nicholson from Oklahoma! Then draft TE or other needs. BY doing what i said we trade down get a player to fill a need draft DL to fill a need and get a SS to fill another need and we still have many rounds left!!!!
Cincinnati Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure every team in the late teens would love to move down because the talent from picks 15 to 35 is blurry in terms of standouts. That being said I think its going to be tough to move down to the late 20's because this is the year to draft in the late twenties if you already have those picks. If Marvin sees a way to accomplish it and get the player he wants, then it will get done. I don't expect to see anything until draft day, when a team sees a player drop and wants to movve up to get him.

"I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing." -ERIC CANTONA
starkesn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Warrick will likely stay, and probably thrive because it is a contract year. I used to love Pdub, but after hearing him basically refuse to be anything less than a number 2 reciever, I have changed my opinion of him. Warrick is good, not great, and the type of injury he had will prevent him from getting back to his game-breaker ability. However, someone will be released or traded to make cap room for Jammie Sharper who was just released.
That said, we probably won't take Crowder in round one if Sharper is signed. I think that if Davis drops to 17, we should count our blessings and take him without question. He is an absolute perfect complement to Madieu Williams and a great SS is key to both stopping the run and discouraging slot recievers from coming across the middle. Becket was a big reason why the run defense was so bad. On top of that, we have no one to play SS as of today. I think cutting Becket means that we are serious about taking a saftey in round 1 or 2.
If Davis is gone, which is very likely, I think we should try and trade down. I have a feeling that if Travis Johnson is available at 17, the Eagles might be willing to trade up to get him considering that the Vikings could take him one pick later. In my mock draft, I have the Eagles trading their first and second round pick to the Bengals for our first and fourth rounder. This might be very possible considering the Eagles have two second round picks. If we could get their first pick in the second round, that would be huge. If we drop that far, I think the best pass rushing end is who we should take. I doubt Pollack will fall that far, but Matt Roth, Justin Tuck, and Demarcus Ware could be available. Also, if we drop that far, it might not be a bad idea to take Baas out of Michigan to take over for Rich Braham. He can play center despite being a natural guard and is very intelligent. At 31, any of these players would be a good value. Then which ever player we don't get at 31, we could probably pick up at 34. On top of that, we might also be able to get a very good saftey or middle linebacker at our pick in round 2. Odell Thurman, Ernest Shazor, or Brodney Pool could fall to our pick and then we would have filled our three biggest needs with three quality players. I would be in heaven if this happened.
Well, that's enough rambling for today. See you in DETROIT!
Cantstop85

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO BENGALS!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: