You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dorsey will start Sunday
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Browns_83

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Dorsey will start Sunday Reply with quote

Quote:
Ken Dorsey will make the first start of his Browns career Sunday in the season finale at Houston, Romeo Crennel announced Tuesday.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=6343[/code]
sign tim couch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God help us...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, well I guess that basically tells us that we are going to pick no later than 3. Rolling Eyes

R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh? Confused Think Shocked Pray Shame on you Not talking

Back to picking 3rd.....didnt we just do that a year ago????
At least we get the player.....who puts us over the top for next season. This is starting to look like a very good draft for D-lineman.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
USAFDawgFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Anderson hurt? Or is this because of his performance Sunday?

Eliptic Dawg on the sig..... thanks dawg!

He is the TRUTH the LIFE and the WAY -- Kutless
Spectre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAFDawgFan wrote:
Is Anderson hurt? Or is this because of his performance Sunday?

Separated shoulder. As poorly as Anderson played, Dorsey might actually trump him. Despite Houston's pass defense being fairly bad, I can't see Dorsey throwing more than one touchdown.
sparroww77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rather have Cribbs throw for us
lacydog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because he's hurt. It's a seperated shoulder, and that isn't a good injury to try to play through. Both my dad and my uncle have suffered that injury in the past few years. It's a [inappropriate/removed] to deal with.

The Browns have also picked up Lang Campbell, former Division I-AA (or was it D-2?) College MVP. Campbell competed for the 3rd string job with Harris two years ago, and looked solid in pre-season action before getting cut (to be fair, he was playing with and against 4th stringers). Judging by our line's production last week, the way the Texans are playing and the fact that the O-line is pretty much a patchwork of crap right now, I'm guessing he'll be in by the 2nd half.

Andruzzi and Coleman are also both hurt, and are at this point questionable. It's likely, though that the line will have Schaffer, Matua/Sowells, Fraley, Friedman and Nat Dorsey as our starting O-line against Houston.

Think about that for a minute. With the exception of Schaffer, not a single starting O-lineman who was supposed to start for us will be starting in week 17. Tucker, Bentley, Andruzzi and Coleman, all gone.

With Roye and Kelley definately out, and Eason, J'Vonne Parker and Ted Washington all ailing as well, the D-line might consist of Fraser, McKinley and....... Harris? at NT. If Harris can't play NT, then we'll likely pull Alvin Smith or Oshinowo off the practice squad to play NT.

The good news? Leigh Bodden might be good to go. Bodden and Holly at corner, with Pool and Jones at safety and Ralph Brown playing Nickle might not be so bad. That's pretty much the only good news coming out of Berea right now.
Spectre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lacydog wrote:
It's because he's hurt. It's a seperated shoulder, and that isn't a good injury to try to play through. Both my dad and my uncle have suffered that injury in the past few years. It's a - to deal with.

The Browns have also picked up Lang Campbell, former Division I-AA (or was it D-2?) College MVP. Campbell competed for the 3rd string job with Harris two years ago, and looked solid in pre-season action before getting cut (to be fair, he was playing with and against 4th stringers). Judging by our line's production last week, the way the Texans are playing and the fact that the O-line is pretty much a patchwork of crap right now, I'm guessing he'll be in by the 2nd half.

Andruzzi and Coleman are also both hurt, and are at this point questionable. It's likely, though that the line will have Schaffer, Matua/Sowells, Fraley, Friedman and Nat Dorsey as our starting O-line against Houston.

Think about that for a minute. With the exception of Schaffer, not a single starting O-lineman who was supposed to start for us will be starting in week 17. Tucker, Bentley, Andruzzi and Coleman, all gone.

With Roye and Kelley definately out, and Eason, J'Vonne Parker and Ted Washington all ailing as well, the D-line might consist of Fraser, McKinley and....... Harris? at NT. If Harris can't play NT, then we'll likely pull Alvin Smith or Oshinowo off the practice squad to play NT.

The good news? Leigh Bodden might be good to go. Bodden and Holly at corner, with Pool and Jones at safety and Ralph Brown playing Nickle might not be so bad. That's pretty much the only good news coming out of Berea right now.

I really can't see us starting any player who is an injury risk. The least thing we need is someone who is already hobbled to go out there and hurt himself even worse, especially in a game it would actually be negative to win. If we lose, we'll possibly get a crack at Adrian Peterson OR Joe Thomas. If we win, we might not get to look at either.

All signs point to Romeo just giving our battered players rest, and I agree with that philosophy 100%. There comes a point in the season to just pack it in, prevent further devastation, and prepare for next year. We're there already.
Brownzip

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparroww77 wrote:
i rather have Cribbs throw for us

I'll second that. At least with Cribbs we could maybe keep Houston off balance a little bit. With Dorsey they can just keep everyone w/in 20 yards of the line of scrimmage and play for picks all day. Mario Williams is probably licking his chops right now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That raises a good question. Who would be playing first if Dorsey goes down: Lang Campbell, Charlie Frye or Josh Cribbs?

Like I said before, it's likely, given all the injuries to the o-line.
USAFDawgFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lacydog wrote:
That raises a good question. Who would be playing first if Dorsey goes down: Lang Campbell, Charlie Frye or Josh Cribbs?

Like I said before, it's likely, given all the injuries to the o-line.

Like it matters who plays on the line? They havent played well enough to be paid all year. What makes you guys think if we had ALL the starters (sans Bentley) out there they would be able to play better then who we will have out there Sunday?

Maybe we will FINALLY (only 8 years into this rebuilding process) adress the Line early and often (after we draft Peterson that is..... Very Happy )

Eliptic Dawg on the sig..... thanks dawg!

He is the TRUTH the LIFE and the WAY -- Kutless
lacydog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would play better if Tucker was 100%. Tucker has been a standout in recent years, but hasn't played well this year due to his depression. A healthy Tucker would be an immediate upgrade to Nat Dorsey.

Coleman and Andruzzi.... okay, I see your point.
RealityControl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorsey is the savoir!

This team is so banged up it is truly pathetic.
SwissMiss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it's time for Andrew Hoffman to show what he can do on the O-line.

Sorry... out of joke

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: